Professional traveling

Frustrated. Scheduled a three night trip after seven people confirmed interest. Booked the hotels. One person cancelled. Another didn't understand the trip fee despite my pretty thorough inquiry form that covers it all, I think is backing out. Another is MIA. And another is probably going to refuse to pay, insisting on a discount. I'm putting out $600 to do this trip. All I ask for is respect ? Thanks for listening.

Comments

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

Total asshats.

Sorry it’s happening to you.

• When planning a professional trip like the one you’re doing it is almost imperative in my opinion to request at least half the session price up front. Then you won’t have any cancellations because the people that pay that money up front are definitely committed to the session.

• I have enough clients who pay in advance that it's ok. I charge an extra $10/hr convenience fee to pay 100% day of. I don't hold people's spots who don't pay at least the trip fee in advance, nor will I stay longer for uninsured sessions (ie - last night was my last night for hotel changes, so I shortened the trip and cancelled the sessions with people who weren't responding or paying). Eased my stress from the trip a lot. All good ?