POLL: When a professional cuddler isn't so professional...

Us pros trade stories all the time about boundary-pushing clients. I know since I started that I've come across more offenders and questionable individuals than I have genuine clients, by a long run. That really speaks as to how invaded this industry is getting, and how misunderstood the community is (at least in the part of Canada where I live). I recently did a blog piece for professionals about red flags they can be on the lookout for when interacting with clients, specifically after reading about a pro's horrible encounter with a man who actually gaslighted her after touching her inappropriately repeatedly. She gave me permission to recount the events of what happened to her in my post, without her being named.

While women (pro and non-pro alike) are more likely to have a harder time staying safe and navigating the world of platonic cuddling, as well as finding people who are on the same page, I'm curious about times when the clients (either male or female) ran into an unsafe or questionable situation with a pro. Were your boundaries pushed or violated? What red flags did you encounter? What would you see as "off" before booking with someone? I'd like to peruse your input for my next piece which will be about signs that a professional cuddler is unprofessional. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share your experience here on the forum; you won't be named in the post.

Adding a poll, since I'm curious to know how many clients have experienced a professional who made them feel uneasy:

1. Have you had an unsafe/boundary-pushing experience with a professional cuddler?21 votes
    1. Yes
      28.57%
    2. No
      71.43%

Comments

• One time a pro that I had seen called me and said she was in my area and wanted to know if I wanted to have lunch. She asked me to get takeout and would come over and eat at my place. We ended up eating and cuddling at no charge other than lunch so I was like awesome. As it was getting later, I told her that she should get going cause my wife was on her way home. She said she was going to stay and wanted to meet my wife. I was like huh that’s weird and was like no she doesn’t want to come home to guests so she left. I never saw that pro again after that. I’m not quite sure what she was thinking but that was definitely pushing boundaries.

• [Deleted User]LittleBigSpoon7 (deleted user)

I have booked with several professional cuddlers. One I was with started to feel very intimate about half way through. While spooning she started to push really hard against me and then it felt like she was grinding on me. I wasn't sure what to do at that point. It was all very confusing.

• Sorry to hear about both your experiences, @Morpheus that is definitely weird and creeps me out just reading it. @LittleBigSpoon7 Women certainly are human too, and I won't lie, there are times when I've felt really attracted to my client but not to the point of violating them... that pro you dealt with was out of line and definitely wrong to not control herself.