I hate the online model for this

[Deleted User]Snuggler21685 (deleted user)
edited May 2019 in Professional Cuddling

It would be amazing if there was a studio for this, like the one in Portland, in every area. The professionals often refuse to host you, then charge extra to travel to you. It’s just too expensive for an average man. If you could afford to waste money on hidden fees for professional cuddlers, you probably would not need a professional cuddler. Thanks to how few female cuddlers there are, it’s almost impossible to see a non-pro.

Comments

• edited May 2019

@Snuggler21685 I get where you're coming from, but where are these pros charging "hidden" travel fees? Many are upfront that if they need to travel a certain distance to you it will cost extra. Some are unreasonable about it like charging if they have to do more than 10 minutes of driving, others will only charge if they've got like 50+ miles/kilometres to travel. In the latter case I think they're well within their right; fuel is heckin' expensive.

• @Catloaf @Snuggler21685 It can get expensive. I agree with @Catloaf that a few miles should be a normal cost of doing business for the pro, but with a longer trip, a travel fee is appropriate. I don’t feel that the traveling pro is entitled to hourly wage for travel time, but rather should recoup the costs associated with the trip. Let’s be honest, there are some great pros out there, but there are some who take advantage of a lonely person’s vulnerability.

• [Deleted User]Snuggler21685 (deleted user)

Honestly I’m totally okay with mileage reimbursement, but they want an hourly wage for the driving time that is more than I make at my job. It’s not fair when they refuse to host to be so stingy about travel time.

• Based on the way taxes work (at least in my country and in the US) you should actually be charging by mileage anyway... I mean, for me, I just do a flat rate of $60. It's an hour of my time, and it's basically a tank of gas, so enough fuel for me to travel up to 200km both ways.