Rendering cuddles without membership?

Hello Guys!
Im brand new and would like to know if anyone knows if it is mandatory for "us" to pay the $19.99 per month before we can offer cuddles/hugs and receive payment for services? cant find this info in iFaqs. Thank you ahead of time !!!
Sincerely,
John

Comments

• Somebody will find the right place in the rules, but short answer is if you cuddle for pay on this site you must pay. That’s what keeps a huge free site running. Men pay the flat monthly fee, the women pay per session.

• makes sense ! So is it safe to assume my profile is invisible to potential "Clients" until I become a member via the $19.99 per month ?

• edited May 2019

No, your profile is public. The vast majority of us are enthusiasts, meaning we don’t charge. Some enthusiasts pay Pros, others hope to find other enthusiasts. But as soon as you attempt to set up a paid session without the “professional” badge on your page, someone will report you and you’ll probably be warned before being banned, but since you have documented in public that you know the rules there might not get a lot of warning. I can’t say, I’ve never gone that route. But they do ban a lot of people who don’t follow the program.

• @Toshibazen Just for reference, it's in two places in the FAQ:

General -> Is it free?

There are two kinds of members on this site: enthusiasts and professionals. Professionals (or "pros") have a "P" at the top right of their photo in the search results, and have fees listed on their profile. Non-professionals are not permitted to charge for cuddling.

Messages -> Someone who isn't a professional said they charge for cuddling. Is that allowed?

No; this is known as being an "untagged pro". You can report them by visiting their profile and clicking on the "..." button, then selecting Report. They will be informed by the admins that in order to be a paid cuddler they need to sign up as a professional.

The fee professionals pay goes towards maintaining the site, and is not unreasonable to ask in return for the exposure they gain here.

(That one might have been better to put under "Professionals", but that section has reached the maximum size already).

• Ahhh! I see thanks guys ! great info I must have over looked that message because I sincerely do not recall reading that anywhere! Ok.... So lets say someone wanted to "Book" me but I did not want to violate terms and conditions by accepting the session and getting paid, but also did not neccesarily want to lose the contact, could I converse to them my delima, join for 19.99 then complete the session without fear of being banned ?

• I'm genuinely curious.... Why the difference between men and women?

• which difference ? In payment ? Good question, I think its because men get less paid offers, that's my honest opinion. But maybe I did not understand the question ?

• So I created this "Discussion" how or why is "Teddybear81" said to be discussion creator?

• ahhh it picks up the last person to make comment I think, lol silly me :D

• @Toshibazen "could I converse to them my delima, join for 19.99 then complete the session without fear of being banned ?"

I'm sure it's fine to talk with them, just be clear about your intentions in the messages.

@TeddyBear81 "Why the difference between men and women?"

@Mark would be the one to answer that, but I think it's just because it's easier for female professionals to find clients.

• Thank you Respectful!

• @Toshibazen In all honesty, it's $20. You do one booking for even an hour, and that fee is paid for. Although, they're right. There definitely isn't as much of a demand for guys on the website... However, I've been able to have a few. So it can happen for guys ;)

P.S. Nice Bike @Toshibazen

• Thanks Dante !

• Gender inequality.

I will say that websites where professionals pay a higher monthly fee as opposed to a commission off their sessions results in a much higher average quality of professionals. It's pretty distinct. I'm certain that if cuddle comfort changed women to monthly (well higher than $20 is warranted; that is CHEAP), that we would see an exodus of the non-responsive and not serious about the work professionals. Over time the reputation of the site would return to where it was before and the quality professionals who have left will hopefully return, and those who have avoided it may come. I'm still here and hoping... ?

• I'm surprised its legal to discriminate between female and male professionals in this way. But I suppose the site owners must have checked before setting the policy.

• @Toshibazen you arent tagged as a pro so you wouldnt be able to charge which also means you arent paying 20 per mo fee

• @UKGuy I am too, but a friend says it is if you agree to it. Moral? That's each person's opinion I guess, but I suppose it's legal ? I agree to it by staying, despite the knowledge of it occurring, but I don't agree with it. It's not good for morale though. I'll likely stay and keep paying the fee for as long as I feel people appreciate me here, but I may not be as active of a presence at some point. Every day the balance of types and quality of professionals here seems to go down (good people leaving, new people coming who don't know about the work, and more people coming looking for easy money, etc). A lot of people come here every day who are also new to receiving this type of service. For those people, I hope to fight that balance as long as I can... I'm not perfect and I'm not the right professional for everyone by any means, but I like people knowing the options out there beyond the not so good stories I have heard...

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

These issues are incredibly common in the developing stages of an art, format, movement, discipline, or profession.

Mostly we haven’t seen them, because we those of use born before the year 2000 were born into a fairly static culture.

But that’s changed now.

At the moment, “Cuddle Certifications” are worth somewhat less than a “Black Belt” in Arkanajitsu...