Search...

[Deleted User]bruin_alum (deleted user)

Forgive me if I am bringing something up that has come up recently...

It seems when I have logged in lately to search cuddlers in my area, not only are there many fewer showing in search, but profiles that I have exchanged messages with and are still live, and others that show in other ways are not appearing in those searches. Has something changed with search?

Comments

• edited June 2019

Edit: Having been active on the forums for quite some time now, I have not come across this type of question. No worries. Many of us want issues resolved/understood, and to connect. ? end of edit.

Maybe double check your search criteria...

Or it's possible that some are deactivated thus, not showing up in certain places.

I recently came across deactivated accounts. One was a pro cuddler and I could still read their profile. Though it showed a deactivated status. The other was a non-pro, I could not visit their profile. Just showed "deactivated".

"many fewer"?

• [Deleted User]bruin_alum (deleted user)

It is well below half and my criteria is only limited to a 50 mile radius from my area. I have messages from active users who don't show up in search. It's really odd.

• Interesting. I hope someone else might be able to help. I don't know...

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)
    edited June 2019

@bruin_alum - I wonder if it might be this - There is an option to "mute" your account (as opposed to deactivating it), to keep it from appearing to people searching for cuddlers in a particular radius or area.

I recently set my own account to mute, because I don't have the time or energy in the next few weeks to respond to any new incoming messages from potential cuddlers, BUT I still can be contacted by people I have previously corresponded with and vice versa. I believe once you set your account to mute it will stay this way for a week and then become unmuted. Anyone else know if I am on the right track here?

• @SJSpooner yes, I forgot about that! That could very well be the case.

• [Deleted User]bruin_alum (deleted user)

I figured it out!

I checked the muting, and it wasn't that. Somehow in my search preferences in the "Cuddle Place" section it has been changed to "Host" only. I am not sure why. When I check all three options the number of cuddlers within my area vaults way up to be about how I remember it from previous searches.

Thanks for your help - sorry for being dumb!

• @bruin_alum be kinder to yourself. It’s alright! Glad we could help. ?

• Is a red flag 🚩