Newby here, Is it worth becoming a pro? How much can you expect to make after the monthly payment?

Hi all,

I am a poor (London based) grad student that loves cuddling, so I was thinking of trying to get 2 birds with one stone and get a pro account. Pro cuddlers, what are your experiences with the site and the people?

1. How much can you make monthly?8 votes
    1. 20-30
        0.00%
    2. 30-50
        0.00%
    3. 50 or above
      100.00%

Comments

• edited June 2019

Welcome @xlandert. You've already done the first step which is to fill out your profile in a detailed manner so great job, and awesome photos. Your profile already reads like a professional - you just need a few of those finishing touches which talk about what you intend to provide, once you get your account hooked up as a pro.

Male pros tend to not be in demand as much as female pros. The gap is pretty significant. That's how it's always been (hopefully it changes as more people hear about this movement!). However it may help that you're in London, which I'd assume has quite a few active profiles and probably more demand for that than anywhere else in the UK. The flipside of that is the supply of male cuddlers could already be saturated, and maybe even those male pros are having trouble keeping steady clientele due to the low demand. Don't let that get you down though. You're in a huge city, so you can only know once you try.

Professional cuddling is very emotionally demanding work, so I'd suggest you make sure you are ready to be someone's ear, someone's shoulder, someone's beacon, and someone's boon when they have none. Given your education, you probably already knew that though! Definitely don't do it solely because you need the cash and believe you could turn a profit - it's one of the easiest ways to burn out, especially if you aren't getting as many clients as you thought you could.

It's very easy to look at the dollar amount listed on someone's profile and think that we are making bank just to lie with someone when that's usually far from the truth. I'm a female who primarily operates in the city and I still can't do this as a full-time job because sometimes my clients can go months without booking, or they book once and decide it isn't for them or that I'm not the right person for them. It can be unstable.

Tons of things determine a pro's success such as

✻ Geography - are you located in a metropolitan area or at least willing to travel?
    ✻ Experience - how much do you know about what you're providing?
    ✻ Value - what kind of experience/ambience do you give the client and does it justify your rate?
    ✻ Advertising - are you willing to advertise your professional cuddling services elsewhere just in case you aren't finding much success on CC?
    ✻ Steadfastness - Are you prepared to hang in there when dry spells come?
    ✻ The demand for pros who can host is huge - how often are you able to host?

Either way, good luck and I suggest you give it a try since what you've got now looks great. I'm sure you'd make a great pro.

• If there was a 'like' option on comments, I'd like your @Catloaf

• Yeah I think “ like “ and “ not like “ option is ok

• @Catloaf Thank you for your answer, it was very informative :) " you just need a few of those finishing touches which talk about what you intend to provide, once you get your account hooked up as a pr0" thank you, I did not think of that, of course! I will add it on.

I have been waiting to go pro to see if I had people messaging me/wanting to cuddle even without charging but I found that it did not really attract many people. Perhaps I should just go pro and see if it works, so people know and might approach me more.

Yes, emotional work can be quite demanding, especially as that is (sort) what I do as a job too. I think the way I look at it is that I'd get something out of it too (I mean... I do love cuddling). But it is always a good point to keep in mind!

One last quick question: have you approached clients or do you wait for them to message you?

I feel your comment really explained it well and I think I am ready to try it out, thank you :)

• A lot of my clients started out with me messaging them first. A few said they were glad I reached out because they were too nervous. I don’t hop into it with “ book me!” I just find something I like about their profile and start a conversation. If I noticed they signed on very recently, I just welcome them to cuddle comfort. Sometimes a nice conversation makes cuddlers feel accepted and need that good vibe feeling in order to take the next step in booking.