$50 Non-Refundable Deposit for New Clients - Seriously???

2»

Comments

• @cuddlerforu24 The hotel deposit is when you make a reservation. First, depending on the type of reservation you will have to pay for a whole night if cancelled with less than 24 hour notice. The one night deposit hold on your card also protects the hotel against theft, damage and unpaid amenities. They have done this for decades. They do not actually run your card through, but if your hotel is $299 a night, there is $299 less dollars you can access on your bank account or lines of credit until after your stay.

I was overstating the rental car. You are correct on that—-but they will sock it to you on your card if you do not bring the car back full or with damage.

• Now you are comparing something like “ Moms Apple pie “ (with one sole proprietor), to giant “ Apple Computer Corp “.
    Let’s say you are a pro cuddler and collect not just a deposit , but a NON refundable deposit and your client takes the leap of faith .

What happens when you can’t
    Make the appointment?

• Oh now you want to compare with rental cars ? Well , let’s see ....

The pro cuddler is in control of the session , and can say ...”No , I don’t
    Like this position “ , or something

The car can’t protest that you are doing something wrong . Ever hear a rental car say “ NO ... you are driving too fast”. ... or
    “ No , don’t spill the kethchup on the seat “

That why rental car people hold for damage money , deposit ,hold your
    Card
    Number call it whatever

• @cuddlerforu24 No, I said I overstated the rental car deal. Go back and reread.

If the cuddler does not like a position you obviously showed up for the appointment and the deposit was applied. So you do not like the service which has nothing to do with the deposit. Simply never use her again and give bad karma if you wish.

• @cuddlerforu24 I would have a bone to pick if it was a non-refundable deposit and I called 2 days before and cancelled because I had to change my travel plans. But then again, I would ask what exactly does she mean by non-refundable. Just do due diligence before booking. If you do not like the policy, do not use the service.

• edited July 2019

I have never paid a deposit . Once I talked a cuddler out of me prepaying , and she took the booking .
    Also had pros cancel and I had made a cancellation once , none of us pushed the other for cancel fees . And one of them was a full fledged full blooded full time pro

• This is the same guy advocating cancelling bookings over an unsatisfying phone call with the pro.

• I can't believe you all have been so patient with this "person".

Just because you are hiring the services of a pro cuddler, does not mean you own them or get to do whatever you want, that has nothing to do with them being "full fledged full blooded full time pro". I think you are looking for bedpage.com.
    Someone does not need to be a certified practitioner like a psychologist or physical therapist because this is dealing with an innate need to be held and listened to.

You sound like you are describing a piece of meat when you talk about Pros... its gross.

• Oh thank goodness, he was banned. phew

• I can't believe you all were so patient with him.

• edited August 2019

Okay, after the trip I just had I will have to add onto this.... Previously, I was against deposits. I felt that cuddling starts with trust, and not asking for a deposit is the beginning of that trust. Perhaps I was a bit naive. This was my first time taking cuddle appointments during an Atlanta trip. Between this site and another, no less than 7 cuddle appts were scheduled over 4 days totaling 15+ hrs. Half canceled with some warning. Others waited until the scheduled time and never showed up, although I drove no less than 4 hrs to meet people. I took no deposits personally. The other site takes 40% of the session price as a deposit, but all of that money goes to the site only. Even that high of a deposit did not stop people not showing up at the last minute. I didn't make a cent, and I definitely lost time and money. I've never had a cancellation, and to see this many at once is staggering. I rented a gorgeous, spacious, relaxing cabin on the lake specifically to make other people happy. I'm sad that I was unable to share it as much as I wanted to. So, now I do support women who ask for deposits. I will likely do so myself in any town where I have a similar experience. If anyone wants to know why, put yourself in my shoes.

• @RaindropSweetie sorry to hear that. As I said in another thread, guys lie.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

A few friends recently got flaked on by a few pros.

Thank god they didn't pay a non-refundable $50 deposit.

It's a good practice for some and a good racket for others.

• @chococuddles There are plenty of "pros" who aren't actually professionals. I encourage people to do their due diligence and not to see someone for the sole reason that there is no one else 😞

• In my opinion I would not pay a deposit simply because a pro had a bad experience with a client that was a no show in my opinion leaving a deposit make you in vulnerable state because for one the pro has your deposit so you as a client are already out half the cost and no way of getting it back so..ibwouldnt pay any deposit..I'd move on tothe next pro if that was the case and keep it a even playing field for both parties

• @carino And that is your right just like it is their right to ask for a deposit.

• How many pros on here had actually had success with this deposit strategy

• @carino On here? Possibly not many. In the real world? Much higher percentage. I know lots of real professionals who operate their cuddling business with deposits. They aren't on here though. With the high numbers of "professionals" on this site, I don't blame people for being reluctant to pay a deposit. But some are worthy of trusting. Use your gut. I do the same. I have over 20 karma. If you have no karma and want a session, but I have to drive 100 miles to get to you, I may be interested in doing that, but simply unable to take the risk you will no show or cancel. I will go virtually anywhere to meet with someone who wants a session, but that incurs a cost (both time and financial) that I would prefer not to waste 😕 I understand both perspectives, so judge the individual before deciding, rather than making a blanket rule. That would be my suggestion.

• I agree with that statement trust your instinct .also remember just because you may not have a karma doesnt mean you havent done a session. Yes people can say that they have or havent I would suggest ask who or which pro toy had cuddle and see if the client actually left a karma to the pro..I personally had a few sessions but I haven't gotten a karma and all my sessions went great...just that I guess some pros either forget or dont want too put a karma who knows, but I don't worry about it..either you believe what I say or you dont or verify.. ..but as far as deposit goes I wouldn't go for it just because the pros had a bad experience now everyone must pay..then again if I see on pros profile that they ask for deposit etc.. I just stay away from it makes thing simple for everyone..that's like me asking for a small deposit on a hotel room in case you don't show up because you and I are unable to host