communicating off the site

edited July 2019 in Professional Cuddling

Would someone tell me what are the rules on taking the communication off the site? I booked several professional cuddlers throught this site, but that was a while back, but rules were different then. I don't remember having any restriction in place at that time.

Comments

• [Deleted User]nicepeter (deleted user)
    edited July 2019

Off the site communication is not recommended, unless you are friends. You do not know the current status of the cuddler - the situation of the cuddlers might have changed, you don't want to bother them. I do not know the rules of this site, but IMHO, it is okay to talk on Skype or phone if you started the recent conversation on this site.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

Previously, pros were just expected to confirm appointments with their clients through the site messaging system. This was changed when the new booking function went live. Now, a client and a professional are expected to confirm an appointment using the booking function before meeting in person, communicating off-site, or exchanging details to communicate off-site. Enforcement of this provision has increased.

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

It’s a conundrum for me, as I will not book anyone I haven’t spoken with on a phone call.

The sound of the voice is vitally important to me.

And, frankly, hearing a professional say, “Hello”, at the door and immediately asking for a refund seems rude.

• [Deleted User]MochaHugs (deleted user)

Yeah so for me I don't like to book a session UNTIL I have a voice conversation with them. I need to hear their voice and get a sense of comfort before I book a session, I can't just book a session and not know if I feel comfortable. Messages can only go so far, I even want to meet some clients in person/ public just to be sure!

• _it_is kinda nerve wracking meeting a new person especially offline. There's Some crazies out there. I prefer booking with people who at least filled out there profile. (Pic, about me section ,etc) instead of just slop something online. _

• edited July 2019

What if youre fb friends

• Every pro I contacted was initially through the site. Then we exchanged numbers and everything since then has been via text.

• edited July 2019

@phenom_xm This is actually against site policy. If you are booking off-site with professional cuddlers you met here, they run the risk of their accounts being banned. Communication and booking is supposed to be done through the site so that the site can make sure it's getting the 15% fee, and to also make sure that nothing is going on under the table. Every time you book with a pro on Cuddle Comfort, the expectation is that you keep Cuddle Comfort in the loop.

@melancholy If you're FB friends, that's entirely different. I am FB friends with one of my clients since I brought back social media, but he respects the policy so if he wants to book, it's done here.

• @mochahugs and @CharlesTwisted Why not book a session, exchange numbers and then if you get red flags popping up from your communication off site you can cancel the session. As long as you do it with sufficient notice there's no cancellation ramifications.

edited July 2019

@MissX

Speaking only for myself, it isn’t about the style of communication, although that clearly matters.

It is literally about the sound of their voice. The timber, the tone, the pitch, and the resonance. I have color/sound synesthesia, and an “unpleasant” voice causes nausea, headaches, and anxiety.

In most situations on a day to day basis I simply grit my teeth, and move on.

Kind of like when the garbage trucks are in your neighborhood in the morning. Unpleasant, but temporary. But you certainly wouldn’t pay to have a garbage truck do laps around your home for an hour or two...

As to booking and cancellation, many professionals out here have “non-refundable” deposits to book them.

And, getting specific, if I told you as a pro, “Hey, I think I want a session with you, so I will book a session on the site. But then call me, so I can hear your voice and decide if I really want the session.”, you would say, what exactly?

And, as the site administrators are seeking infractions, how does it look to them if you and I book a session, then exchange numbers, and then cancel that session?

As the Taoist parable asks, “How can you walk without looking like a thief?”

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

@CharlesTwisted the moderation team can see when the booking was agreed on, when it was canceled, and the reason provided. If someone's having an excessive case of fast canceled bookings, that account may be subject to review.

edited July 2019

@SoulcuddlerZ

It is simply easier to follow the rule of the site.

My previous transgression was made in ignorance of the rule. I truly hope you don’t punish that professional.

Or me, for that matter...

• What if my existing provider gives me the number of a provider in another city, am I allowed to text her directly or do I need to book her through this site first? Let’s say both are registered cc providers.

• @Naveed I would think that the same rule follows. Either way, that second cuddler got her client because of CC. Not because she advertised somewhere else and you found her. So the rule is for bookings or interest that generates because of CC to stay on CC. If that makes sense.

• edited July 2019

Well, the second cuddler would be contacted due the referral of the first provider - it is her friendship network that is generating the business. No ? My point is - there seems to be a lot of overlap and grey area. It is also hard to unlearn the old practices. So as the rules are evolving, we need to discuss the changes a lot more.

• That seems a bit much to say that meeting one person through CC means that everything after that one person is also owed to CC.... I'm trying to think of a comparable scenario... Okay, how about if you pay to use any meet people type of site. You pay to use the site, but you don't go back and pay the site for every person you meet through that person that you met on the pay site. It's a bit extreme. There are definitely cuddlers on this site that I knew before we joined the site.

I agree that there's enough confusion from what I have read so far on site that I'm beginning to wish that we could just stick with KISS (It means keep it simple stupid). It's something we use at work to keep decision making simple and mistakes less likely to happen. You get a message on site, they want to pay cash for a session, so you book through the site. I think making it more difficult than that will cause mistakes and confusion.

• edited July 2019

Fair point @RaindropSweetie

With that said, here is where the reasoning for this comes in. We professionals use Cuddle Comfort as an advertising vehicle. The line of communication starts with CC, even if it's a referral - and especially if this was the only place the said pros were advertising.

Client on CC > Cuddler on CC > Cuddler who is also on CC

My question to @Naveed would be this: Are these cuddlers established and advertising elsewhere with other places to book them, or are they solely doing business on CC? Because if the latter is the case, it's just becoming a downline game of telephone where the facilitator (CC) is pushed to the side - phone numbers being passed on is technically against the rules unless absolutely necessary such as sending a text to say you're on the way etc. and this is so that the site administration can be as aware of what's going on as possible. If the main vehicle of advertisement for the pro is CC and they do not advertise anywhere else, contact needs to stay here. If it's not and it's just an established cuddler who happens to have a profile here to cover extra ground, that's different.

There are definitely cuddlers on this site that I knew before we joined the site.

In that case you can feel free to contact them however you like, I do believe. I had a session recently that was booked through my site, and then through learning about it on my site's front page the client actually set up an account here. Because our first contact was made on my website which he found in one of my ads, the rule doesn't apply even if he has an account here. It depends where first contact is made, and where the pro is primarily advertising.

• It seems fairly simple and I have gone through the process a bit on here. As long as you book a pro onsite it does not matter how you communicate. I tend to go with what the pro wants as they are female and I understand they do not know if I am an axe murderer or not. But I have no problem communicating is the point, and when the time comes for me to decide to book, I book through the site. It is very simple.

• edited July 2019

It’s too easy for the pro cuddler, to suggest a future cuddle session , and confirm the booking at the end of a session . Phones and devices and things are usually turned off, and - or not logged in to CC

There probably would not be problems if there was a monthly fee , for pro cuddlers, instead of keeping track , and collecting per session .