Anyone here like video games?

[Deleted User]cheshirekitt (deleted user)
I myself am heavily into playing video games (I spent over 36 hours on Stardew Valley the weekend it came out and I'm probably going to spend a lot more) so I figure it would be cool to hear other peoples gaming experiences. So here are a few questions you can answer if you'd like!

Favourite game? 
Least favourite game?
Earliest game you remember playing?
Do you play MMO's of any kind and if so what ones and for how long have you played them?
Overall favourite game genre? (RPG, FPS, strategy, etc..)
Any games you're excited for?
Are there any games that have special meanings to you?

I'll post mine right after this but I'd love to see other peoples answers.

Comments

• [Deleted User]cheshirekitt (deleted user)
    Favourite game?
    There's one game I can always go back to and count on and that would be Spyro Year Of The Dragon. Not only is it special to me but it's one that I can confidently always say I'll love. Sure in this day and age the graphics are questionable but honestly I've not really played a game with flying mechanics that good ever since like Spyro Enter The Dragonfly. It was cheesy and sometimes very annoying (LOOKING AT YOU EGG THIEVES!) but I loved it then and I love it now. The world were bright and colourful and the enemy designs were charming. You felt real dread when you had a boss fight and I will never forget the soundtrack for this game. 

Least favourite game? 
    Any Call Of Duty game? Any MOBA game that isn't Infinite Crisis? (rest in peace the one MOBA game I actively played and liked.) Idk those games aren't my thing I guess. Don't get me wrong I like fps games but I just don't like generic army shooters, I like things like Borderlands and Bioshock. And I played a lot of LoL for a good while but I wasn't having fun with it honestly. 

Sonic on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive actually. I still have the console in the house and whilst they have ruined Sonic over the years, steadily but surely, I've never truly hated the game series.  

Do you play MMO's of any kind and if so what ones and for how long have you played them?
    I myself have played all sorts of MMO's like WoW, TESo and GW2. I didn't play much of Wow as my laptop at the time was very bad when I had the free trial I did. I got to try out Pandaria and being a Worgen for free alright. I wouldn't buy a subscription for it but I'd try it again for sure. Guild Wars 2 I love a lot and still have an account for and I really need to update my computer so I can play it again! And then there's The Elder Scrolls Online... I own it on my ps4, I beta tested the game when it was on pc though. Only MMO I've spent real money on. But I love cats and I mean I had to have the cat mount and pet and also maybe a fancy suit for my Khajiit... But I enjoy it. It's Skyrim but with a lot more to explore and do and more people to help you out when you're way underlevelled. I just wish pets attacked or that I could have permanent NPC companions. 

Overall favourite game genre?
    RPG would have to be mine. Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and all those kinds of games are right up my alley and I enjoy the story as well as sometimes customisation and just generally kicking ass in a video game. 

The new Pokemon for sure. The new Assassins creed being talked about sounds interesting too. I'm not really sure game wise I guess what I'm excited for. Stardew Valley I was very excited for but it's out now so there's that. I guess I'll just sort of have to wait for E3 honestly. 

Spyro like I said earlier. Super Smash Bros Brawl because I would play it with my friend of 8 years who lives in America. Undertale cause I'm playing through it for my friend who currently lives in the Philippines and we do a lot of voices for it and it's just an amazingly fun experience. Batman Arkham Origins cause like not only am I a big DC fan but also I have the limited edition of the game and it was essentially the first kind of step towards growing out of my shell, the prints included with the game are on my wall and were the first sort of way of me going 'I don't want a girly room anymore, I want to put things on the walls I want.' Which was nice to do and also it's the one game that will make me feel pure rage no matter what. Pokemon is very special to me too because it's how I met 3 of my four friends I've known for 8 years so it has a very special place in my heart to me. 
  • edited March 2016
    I love gaming although I've always preferred it on an actual computer versus a dedicated game box. I started with my Commodore 64 and my preferred genre is flight Sims but right now I'm working on rebuilding the computer so that it's capable of giving me the visual performance that I desire. I've had every iteration of the Microsoft Flight Sim series and have literally flown all over the world. I've played some RPGs from way back in the day like the DND title, "Curse of the Azure Bonds", and the original SimCity as well as Falcon 4 though I now prefer the follow on to it, Falcon BMS. Over the last year I've been spending most of my time on World of Warships and previous to that it was World in Conflict. I've been meaning to get started on Star Citizen but that requires more time than I have right now with my job. I bought in early so I have a really nice Constellation just waiting for me.
  • [Deleted User]Placeholder (deleted user)
    Dark Souls III comes out in two weeks, and as a heavily-biased fan of the series it's already my best game of 2016.
  • HTC Vive is arriving in a week for me, very excited about the future of gaming :)
  • Oh man, Stardew Valley has claimed more hours of my time than I'd like to say o.o It's the kind of game I can absolutely get lost in. Anyway, here's my list:
    Favourite game? This is hard, actually, but I'm going to have to go with either Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or Skyrim. I've put hundreds of hours into both.
    Least favourite game? Any generic first-person shooter; they're not really my thing. The exception to my dislike of those is Borderlands 2, but I wouldn't call that one generic! :P
    Earliest game you remember playing? I remember playing Super Mario 64 at a friend's house, and loving it. Pokemon Stadium was also one of my earlier memories. However, we didn't get any sort of console until I was about 11, and it was a PS2.
    Do you play MMO's of any kind and if so what ones and for how long have you played them? I played MapleStory for about a year in high school. It was cute, but it didn't hold my attention. I also played some online games involving horses for an embarrassing amount of time.
    Overall favourite game genre? (RPG, FPS, strategy, etc..) I'd say RPGs are my favorite--I tend to like games that are pretty heavily exploration based. Pokemon, Minecraft, Terraria, etc. I also love Harvest Moon, and now Stardew Valley. I'm a fan of horror games, as well.
    Any games you're excited for? I am ridiculously excited for No Man's Sky. Which, surprise surprise, involves lots and lots of exploring!
    Are there any games that have special meanings to you? Definitely Pokemon Sapphire (and then later, Ruby). They were the first games that were truly mine, and those were the first Pokemon games I really played. Kingdom Hearts is another that really helped me get into the RPG genre. I remember getting soooo sucked into the story. I even named my cat Kairi because of it!
  • I am a regular gamer on the PS4

Favourite game? 

At the moment, Dragon Age Inquisition, but this answer will probably change every few months

Least favourite game?

no idea, if I don't like the look of a game, I won't buy it. I regularly view gaming review sites like IGN.
    Hard to say, Pac Man, Elite, 
    Recently Tom Clancys The Division, and Destiny
    Overall favourite game genre? (RPG, FPS, strategy, etc..): RPG
    Any games you're excited for? The Next Deus Ex game, Deus Ex Mankind Divided
    The Deus ex games, love the futuristic settinggs. The Mass Effect series, they are epic. The Fallout series of games, again epic.
  • Favourite game? 
    This one's a toughie. It's probably tied between TES: Oblivion and LoZ: Twilight Princess. I feel like Heavy Rain should get a mention too, I know the actual gameplay was only QTEs but it felt SO INTENSE. 

Least favourite game?
    Demon's Souls. FML.

Tekken Tag Tournament, with my dad. I was what, 3 or 4? :P

I've wanted to try out MMO's but I've been so busy with life that I feel I couldn't really give it proper attention. As of right now, well... I'm really into Folklore right now. 

Fantasy RPG/games with a heavy story. I've played and enjoyed a couple FPS games, but I'm shit at them. 

Vampyre Story: Year One, if they everrrrr get it in order. There's also a lot of games I haven't played that I've wanted to (GTA, Witcher, Mass Effect), so I'm excited for those when I have time (or rather, when I decide to make time; been spending all my free time in the gym) even though I must be the only person who hasn't played them yet ;_;

The two favorite games I mentioned earlier. TwiPrincess because Midna <3 (my favorite video game character of all time) and Oblivion because Sheogorath (my second-ish) and because of the "oh my god I can do anything it's so beautiful" moment I had when I started playing that no game has ever been able to replicate for me thus far. I literally pee'd my pants when I was gifted Skyrim a couple years ago, since I knew it'd be similar.

I also have a bit of a special childhood attachment to Kingdom Hearts. I sunk so many hours into that game xD
  • Hi my name is Alex.

I think my favorite game would have to be The Last of Us. Even though I've switched mainly to computer I still love that game.

My least favorite is kinda hard cause I don't remember any of them. Maybe like Kingdom Hearts: Coded.

The earliest game I remember was when I had a NES and played this 2D Batman game. I loved it at the time but I couldn't tell you the name now.

I always try playing MMOs of all sorts but it kinda dies off for me mostly because I don't have a group of friends willing to play something like thay with me. I'd love to though if someone would want me in their group.

I'm really excited for lots of games. No Man's Sky, Star Citizen, Kingdom Hearts 3, I really wanna try the newish Black Desert Online to see if it's any good.

The two games that had the most meaningful impacts on me were Super Mario Bros, or Kingdom Hearts. Both great games from what I remember, even though KH is very convoluted.
  • I actually started chuckling when I saw this... because I just stopped playing Stardew Valley for the night. I don't know anyone else who plays it! XD Great to see other fans!

Favourite game?
    Oh man, that's a toughie... Probably any of the Dragon Age games, to be honest. I love that series! Though Assassin's Creed 2 rocked, so maybe that too.
    Least favourite game?
    Avatar the Last Airbender: Burning Earth. Played it for 10 minutes and had to stop because it was physically painful. Horrible game, storyline was all over the place.
    A Rugrats mini golf game for the Playstation. Not sure of the name.
    Runescape I've played on and off for a couple years - started a long time ago and got back into it for a while this year. MMOs aren't really my thing. Reviewed a lot of them as part of my work, though, so happy to provide recommendations for anyone who wants them.
    RPGs, no contest.
    Dishonored 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole (if it ever comes out), Mass Effect 4
    Kingdom Hearts or the Hercules game for Playstation, because I use to play them with my sisters growing up. Same for the Mass Effect/Dragon Age series, only in that case because me and my best friend bonded over them.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    Xbox one and later I plan on getting a PC
  • edited June 2016
    Favourite game?
    That's a difficult one, Shenmue is probably my favourite game ever, but right now, it's probably the Sims 3, since I got back into it after getting it to work on Ubuntu!

Least favourite game?
    Tetris Worlds on the PC, I have played some of the most notorious games ever (such as Rise of the Robots and Corpse Killer) and are so bad that they are fun to play with others, for a laugh, so I don't count those. Tetris Worlds is just bad! What's so bad about it?  Well, imagine Tetris with a mandatory 1-2 minute time limit and one eye'd Tetris blocks, with eye lashes and all, staring at you while playing... Yeah....

The original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive, when i was like 3.

I don't play MMOs, so I'll skip this one.

Overall favourite game genre? (RPG, FPS, strategy, etc..)?
    Probably Stealth games, and I don't mean tactical games like Deus Ex or Syphon Filter, (which is funnily enough my least favourite genre) I mean games like Splinter Cell, 007 Bloodstone and Quantum of Solace, Goldeneye Reloaded and even 007 Legends! and the stealth sections of Watch Dogs and the Last of Us, where you have to, or or at least have the choice to, kill everyone without being seen. I can tell if it's done right when I actually reset an entire room if I get caught because I want to kill everyone without being seen!

You know, there really isn't anything I'm excited for, I have all of the 3 current gen consoles, and they've all been collecting dust... No wait, Shenmue 3! and if they're ever going to make a new 007 game, I'd be absolutely psyched for that!

2 Games do: Crazy Taxi and Outrun 2(006). I keep coming back to them again and again! In their own ways, they create perfect atmospheres, how they control, the music that plays in the background, just the overall feel is perfect! I still bring my PSP when I'm out and have Fare Wars and Coast 2 Coast with me! People probably look at me weird, but I don't care! =P
    There's also Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 on the PS2, it was a pretty amazing port of a yearly sports game, and showed that the PS2 still had fight in it, too bad it didn't have widescreen or progressive scan, though. That and All Stars on PS2 was a terrible version. =/