Phone Conversation Before Booking

I think it's very appropriate to at least to have 1 brief short conversation over the phone as a client (since your paying for the service) to hire a potential Cuddler for the sake of finding out if there would be some kind of good/nice vibe and chemistry between both parties (hard to determine that just through messaging) as I believe it goes a long way for a more enjoyable experience during the session. Any feedback/input on this matter would gladly be appreciated. Thanks. Peace and blessings to all....

Comments

• I have had about 50 sessions with pros and non-pros alike. Maybe 25% involved a phone conversation prior to the session. Another 25% was a meet-up in public. About 50% I went to her place or she came to mine (usually my place/hotel as i travel coast-to-coast). I do not think there is an advantage one way or the other. It depends on the people involved and what they are comfortable with. The only givens are there are no hard and fast rules to establishing or determining chemistry and that you, as the man, should be somewhat flexible as the woman always has more at stake than you.

• @ Funcartel Usually by the sound of their voice you can somewhat determine what kind of personality they have for example: if they are sincere, geunine, fun, mature or not, or if they are somewhat reserved and shy. Why would you hire someone you feel has no really interest to Cuddle with you otherwise? Doesn't make sense correct? I generally go by my instinct and I am correct 90% of the time. Lol. No refund back at all for just an ok service. That's why it's vital to me to speak with a potential Cuddler to hire over the phone "BEFORE" booking a possible session. Nobody likes to have regrets later on with not such a nice fun time. On the other hand you want to be happy you made the right choice if you had a wonderful experience.

• I thought we couldn't contact people by phone?

• @ Franky.... Can you show me if anywhere it states that? Im unaware of that. Thanks.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

6 of the Client Service Agreement: You are only permitted to exchange contact information (e.g. phone and email) after confirming a session using the booking panel.

Off-site communication with a professional cuddler is allowed after an appointment has been confirmed. If you're talking about enthusiast/recreational cuddlers, then this restriction doesn't apply.

• @2cute2cuddle I have had maybe 3-4 bad experiences out of 50. If you try and dictate to someone who does not want to speak on the phone you will miss out. So considering my success is over 90%, it speaks to being flexible and having an open mind.

• I am glad that it’s against the rules. I think it is an unfair burden to put on the professional cuddler.

• @SoulcuddlerZ thanks for that info. However what do you mean when you say enthusiast/recreational Cuddlers then this restriction doesn't apply? Sorry, I got lost there. Lol.

@2cute2cuddle If both cuddlers are non-professional, then the restriction on off-site communication doesn't apply.

• @SoulcuddlerZ Thank you for clarrifying that for me. I got it now.

• Boomerang i think you misread because its not against the rules. You can book and then do a phonecall. And if you dont get a good vibe you can cancel its not too late to do so.
    I think it's nice to have a little chat before meeting someone for cuddling especially if you arent meeting in public first

• edited July 2019

Wow, that would be a pretty cruel thing to do to somebody. You’d have to be really an awful human being IMO.
    You waste someone’s time booking an appointment with them. Then cancel based on a bad phone call. If someone did that to a massage therapist or hair dresser it would be rude. I would say a similar standard applies to booking a pro for cuddling.

• If the number of no-shows is as high as is told, I can't blame pros from holding their information as long as possible.

• boomerang86, these pro cuddling sessions are expensive. I'm not sure how its cruel to cancel a session with plenty of notice if you have a terrible phone conversation with someone. That seems idiotic to me that you would go ahead with an 80 per hour session when the person you're talking to can't hold a conversation.

@boomerang86 Many pros require off-site communication with new clients per their vetting processes. Per site rules, this must happen after a booking has already been confirmed. Disagreements may arise and such can indeed lead to canceled sessions. If someone gets reported for canceling last minute as a result, then there would be multiple factors to consider in the investigation that follows.

• @melancholy I think you are absolutely correct. I couldn't agree more with what you mentioned to boomerang86.

• @boomerang86 what melancholy mentioned to you is right on target. Why would it be rude to cancel on someone right after the phone conversation if someone feels by their instinct that it doesn't go good? These sessions are not cheap and it's our money we are spending and paying for this service. Can you imagine having an ok experience or better yet a worser one and then have regrets later on?

• Here are the site rules for cancellation:

Cancellation Policy
    11. If you cancel within 12 hours of the appointment we ask that you pay half of the session price. This is to compensate the Cuddler for lost business as it’s unlikely they would be able to find another client for that scheduled period at such short notice.
    12. If you cancel within 24 hours and your session includes a rental space arrangement prepaid for by the Cuddler, we ask you pay the full price of that rental cost. This is to compensate the Cuddler for what would otherwise be a tangible financial loss. In the reverse scenario we also ask the Cuddler compensate you in the same way.
    13. In the case of a Cuddler cancelling within 24 hours, they are expected to offer you compensation in the form of a discount for your next session with them.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited July 2019

I think it might be a little rude to cancel after the phone conversation but rude and justified/justifiable/sensible aren't mutually exclusive. If you have to be a little rude to avoid something that feels like it'd be a big mistake then that's fair, the other person might not think so but if they seem dodgy then it shouldn't really matter too much what they think about it.

Sometimes you have to be less than perfect in order to get a good result. No different than not stopping to tell someone directions on the street if they ask because you're in a rush and need to get somewhere fast - it's an unfortunate situation which involves you being rude as far as the other person is concerned but ultimately is the best choice to avoid disaster. Not a great comparison but can't think of a better one off the top of my head.

• It’s clearly rude. What if the shoe was on the other foot? You were cancelled on because someone found you an insufferable malcontent on your phone call.
    Frankly, I would assume the bad phone call would almost always be the fault of the socially awkward client steering it in the wrong direction.
    After dealing with someone rude canceling like that- I’d imagine the pro would be so annoyed they may entertain leaving the web site.

• edited July 2019

Lots of conjecture on what someone may or may not do or may or may not feel . Boils down to an interaction between two people other than myself . If they cancel on the other it is up to them how to feel about . All I can summise is that it's a person's right to cancel an appointment for any reason they choose, whether they are paying for it or not

• @boomerang86 It seem your comments are being based off a cancellation that's done after a booking. However, the title along with another comment made by the OP clearly mention "Before" the booking. Furthermore, he never even mentioned "cancelling" because a booking was never made in the first place.

Also, it shouldn't be an issue to request an actual phone conversation prior to booking an appointment. It's clearly a subjective decision from both parties. Although, I would find it a little strange if a pro refused a brief phone call from a potential client. It's not like we're ordering a $15 pizza or finding someone on craigslist to mow the lawn.

Excluding an emergency, it's not right to cancel on someone after making an appointment. Thats said, I have to assume that most people are decent enough to 1st request a phone call rather than making an appointment 1st, then request the phone call.

Here's a "What If" question:

_You are on way to cuddle appointment and get lost. However, the Pro provided their phone number for a situation like this. You call up, and in the background hear a dog barking and baby crying, which are both an issue for you. All of a sudden you realize that you never asked about children or pets prior to making the appointment. What would you do? _

• Luv2cudl unless I’m mistaken the thread contains information that it is against website policy to exchange phone numbers before a booking. Did you read that part?

• [Deleted User]Snuggles22 (deleted user)

Absolutely not. Id rather die than make a phone call most times. It's a personal problem. It often causes concern, but I usually exchange photos and do real-time selfies to prove that I'm not a catfish

• You guys have provided a lot of food for thought....

I don't know how anyone can glean a person's personality from a phone call in a day and age where most people prefer not to sit and talk through a phone. At a younger age talking on the phone was great. Now, even speaking on the phone with people I know and love is not much fun. There's no visual interaction to boost the conversation the way there is in person. It's very boring. I doubt my personality would shine speaking with a stranger I know little to nothing about and cannot see. Undoubtedly this would lead to rambling or many awkward silences in most cases. In person there are endless things to talk about, and body language to read, so it's much easier.

If it is just to hear a voice, then that makes sense. If it's to judge personality, then it won't be accurate. My personality would be better judged through writing or in person. Sweet, passionate, logical. I don't mind a short phone call and a picture with my face and the cuddle buddy's name written on something to assuage any worries ahead of time.

I think that it would be fair to say ahead of time that you would like to make a booking and have a brief phone call immediately after in order to be sure you want the session. Then, the cuddler is not caught off guard.

Also, rejection is just part of life. It is annoying, but it happens to everyone and is understandable. Even cuddlers reject potential clients for various reasons. It would be best to communicate your needs clearly right away and decide as quickly as possible early on. That way the plans are indeed set in stone barring any emergencies. Drawing the decision out and cancelling at the last minute is the worst way to handle it.

• @boomerang86 okay...gotcha. I assumed phone conversations were decided by either party at any time. Anyway, I guess it's a moot topic and silly to debate as it's not even allowed. Personally, I prefer the easiest and quickest route to the actual appointment. However, I still can understand why someone would want a brief phone conversation first.

• After a booking I find phone calls are a great way to break the ice and make the cuddling session less awkward.

Also, I think you each can gain some knowledge of each other’s cuddling experiences, what works, and you can learn a lot by listening!

Pro or not, time is valuable and you’re both committing to spend it with other. Why not make the most of the opportunity?