Would you still cuddle as a Pro if hourly rate was mandated at Forty dollars?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2019

so just like anything else there are vast differences between different pros and different clients. i think it is really easy for people to think about their personal experiences and forget that there are so many variables that make it impossible to have a blanket answer for things.

@melancholy Cuddling with an enthusiast means that you have found a person would is also looking for touch, you are meeting each other's needs. A professional is offering a service. My clients range from people who have suffered a trauma and need a safe space to people who are in touchless relationships and they simply need to be embraced. There is a certain comfort level clients have in seeing a professional vs. finding an enthusiast that they can let their guard down with.

As far as how i am different from a non-pro........i have bought furniture to accommodate my clients, i buy clothing specifically for cuddles (soft breathable fabrics), i have linens that are specifically for cuddling, everything is laundered after a session and sanitized, i ensure i have things like bottled water on hand, i adjust my thermostat to make sure my house is a good temp for cuddles, etc. is it possible that there are non-pros who have done/do these things, sure! i doubt they are the norm, however.

so, @hogboblin would i continue to do this job for $40 an hour? No. A 1 hour cuddle session will easily be a 3 hour process between set up, break down and a bit of conversation before and after a cuddle. My clients do not just plop down on the bed instantly when they enter my space and they do not just vanish at the end of their sessions. So really for all the work that goes into a session that would be only $13.33 an hour. This is 8 cents less than the minimum wage in Washington D.C. This does not take into account all the communication between sessions, the research time i spend online or my costs in promoting my service, etc.

i got involved in this industry because i have a need to do meaningful work, but it is work.

i hope that this might help shine a light on costs and processes and such.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

About 8 years ago I charged $50/hr for freelance artwork.

A company approached me with a job I didn't want but my friend worked there and kept insisting I take it.

I didn't want it so I said it would be $100/hr. They paid it and I spent 3 days earning easy money and hating life.

If I were a male pro I'd accept $40 to host but wouldn't travel.

• edited September 2019

When I see something “ mandated “ , or “ regulated “ , or “ deregulated” , I’ve seen something that seems to favor the targeted consumer , but also , a little something added for the provider .:

Your cuddle invoice may read something like this :

Cuddle - @ $40 / hour
    Billing fee - $5.00 / session
    Reporting fee : $15.00
    ( this is the mandated year end cuddling report a pro cuddler needs to furnish to the federal cuddling agency .. things like , the clients mannerisms , behavior etc)
    Laundering fee : $15 -25 session
    (. This covers the providers maintenance items like sheets , bedding etc)
    Consumables fee - $5- $15. Session
    ( this is for things like incense , candy tray etc)
    Clothing fee. - ( optionable). $9.50- 29.00
    ( covers special requests )

Total. Minimum $109 - one hour session

So you see , the cost just went from the suggested $80 hour to $109

• @cuddlerforu24 That is exactly how it would happen in practice. Thank you for illustrating. However, if it were regulated by the state there would be an itemized portion called “Entertainment Tax” and the rate would be stupid and arbitrary, like 9.5185% of the sale.

• I sold my house and bought a motorhome in an effort to reduce my expenses so I can keep doing this work (not the only reason of course, ha). Does that count as enjoying the work more than the money? Unfortunately, I still have expenses, so still need to charge, but if I could reduce my rates, I would (to a point). I try to offer discounts and rewards for regular clients whenever I can though. But at the same time, I would never undervalue myself. I could sooner see coming up with a pricing model that allowed me to accommodate more people on a limited income, before dropping my rates entirely. It just wouldn't be sustainable at this point, and I would need to quit and find another job or business to do =(

-Michelle =)
    Professional cuddler with a motorhome, where will I go next?

• To answer the second part: I would definitely be able to afford (and would book) more sessions at $40/hour.

• When I first signed up here most pros charged $40

• My listed rates are for one-off sessions. It takes a lot of effort to find new clients and have a first-time session with someone. A lot less for regulars. So I can afford to offer discounts and better rates for repeat clients. I'm working on a new program to hopefully implement in the first quarter of 2020. I empathize with the cost struggle for many people. I'm always brainstorming ways to make a better deal for people while still feeling good about what I'm making for my time and effort given =)