Money Up Front

Hi everyone! I'm sorta new to professional cuddling, I've had 2 sessions in the last month or so. I wanted to share an experience I had with one of my cuddle sessions and get some feedback from anyone who may have had a similar experience.
One of my sessions were booked for 2 hours and I politely asked for the money up front. The client then went on a rant about how that takes away the magic of cuddling and he was upset and felt "taken advantage of" (???) I calmly explained that it was my standard policy to collect cash up front before the session began, especially since it was our first session together and we don't have a working relationship yet. He ended up only paying me for 75% of my time and ended the session early. He gave me a nice review, good karma, and then blocked me. And I am left feeling a little frustrated and confused.
Have any of you experienced something similar? Did I approach the situation incorrectly? How do you collect your payment without seeming like it's all about the money? (Personally, I believe money is just a different form of energy and professional cuddling is an energy exchange. I expend alot of happy healing energy during my sessions!) Any advice you have would be helpful!

Comments

• @LindseyLou It can be awkward but if it's a new client maybe mention it in your communications before you actually meet. It is in the client service agreement that payment is required at the start of the session. If you choose to enforce it you are well within your rights and your client should comply. The "upfront" requirement is there for your protection so that you don't feel you have to put up with boundary behavior just to get your fee. Since he did not pay you the agreed upon fee you should report him to the mods and let them sort it out. Sometimes the blocking maneuver is a way to try and discourage you from reporting someone but if you msg the mods directly or post ur story in the pros only forum w/their username it can be actioned.

• If he left you a nice review and blocked you it seems like he was likely embarrassed of his behavior. He knew he was wrong and couldn’t face you again.
    I think the money should be paid upfront unless there is a trust issue.

• Ohhh I hadn't thought about it that way. That's probably true! And thank you! I feel like it's common knowledge to get the money first.

• @MissX 🤯 thank you!!! I hadn't thought about it that way. I appreciate the validation! I knew I wasn't out of line in collecting up front, he just made it seem wrong. That is good advice, I will for sure post it in the pro section and have them look into it.

• I always tell them that I take cash only and take it up front, so that there is no awkwardness..that normally seems to work, no one has had an issue with it.

• @KT94 do you think I should put it explicitly in my profile bio so there is NO confusion??

• @LindseyLou I don't have it in my profile, I just politely let them know, but it doesn't hurt to put it in your profile.

• Or he's a weasel

• I have had cuddlers want it up front and others that say whenever. I kind of like it when they want it up front because sometimes I get into such a zone after a session that I forget about paying them and they have to ask for it and that is not my intention.

The guy sounds like a bit of an a-hole and sounds distinctly like a denizen of the Backpage crowd. Did he come on to you?

• @FunCartel That's how i feel about it! Once we payment done, the rest of the session is just about enjoying and relaxing with no underlying concern. No, he didn't try anything. He was actually very respectful and definitely needed some touch therapy. It was surprising and dissapointing when he acted that way, especially since he has so much good karma on his page!

• It violates TOS to not collect the fee up front.

• edited September 2019

Thats why she got banned lol shes on here complaining but look now she got banned lol

• Do you draw attention to this because you are the person she was complaining about in the post ?

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

It is clearly stipulated in the Client Service Agreement: The Cuddler will ask for payment from the Client for the Full Session Price as previously agreed between the Cuddler and Client on the website. Payment for each session is due before the session or at the very start of one.

Closed. 11 SEP 2019 17:31 EDT

This discussion has been locked.