Your experience with being on the "clock"

I've always felt that if you're paying for an hour, your time shouldn't start until you actually begin to cuddle. I recently had a pro who counted the small-talk at the beginning and her time to change clothes as part of my session. I think she started my our the moment she walked in the door. Lost about 15 minutes of the hour before we actually started to cuddle. I teach tennis lessons and I always try to give my students more than what they pay for as opposed to nickeling and diming them to death. What has been your experience? And to be fair, I've had other Pros who went overtime. But when should the time start for cuddling?

Comments

• I always start the clock the moment we start cuddling. Anything before that is just me wanting to get to know my client first. I live to meet for coffee if their able to and sit in a public place to get to talk and have a big hug first. Then we head to my place and sit down and talk more privately about what they look forward to in a cuddle, talk about fave positions and give them a minute to change if need be. Once I get the music or the Netflix started and we are in a comfortable position, that’s when I start it ☺️

I never want the time spent with me to feel like a rushed experience. It seems so rude to just have your hand out saying gimme gimme and then kick them out the moment the session is done. I understand time is precious and time is money, but it’s more precious to give that cuddler an experience they were hoping for. I like to take about 10 minutes or so after the cuddle to talk about what their fave part of the session was. That’s how I’d like to be treated if I were in their shoes 😸

• edited September 2019

I also don't start the time till it's actual cuddle time. And if I'm late, or something otherwise gets in the way, I adjust the end time. People can do what they like as an independent provider, but I feel it's only right to give the amount of cuddle time promised. For a new client on CC I give a formality of 10 to 15 minutes to go over the CSA, any questions or concerns they may have, and then I do not start a timer until everybody is changed and ready to begin. Your auto mechanic wouldn't charge you until they actually began labouring on your vehicle, and your massage therapist wouldn't charge you a dollar till they've put their hands down. Some providers do overlook this, probably the ones that burn out and start to feel like it's more of a chore than a get-rich-quick-do-nothing scheme.

• I typically don't start the time til I'm hoping in the bed. Buuut you do have to remember people are scheduling things around their lives. So I try very hard to have the timer for the time we planned, so if they have other engagements they can skidattle. If they're in no hurry and we're fully in the cuddle haze I usually stay snuggled up with them for 5-10 minutes as we come to, so to speak lol

All that to say that maybe she squeezed the session in between other appts or life factors that were unable to change time wise.

Probably the best thing to do would be to ask her about it and express being upset to her.

• @Sheena123 , @Catloaf and @Sashamcgee , as a client, I always want my cuddler to start at the time we start cuddling. I tonally agree, that getting to know each other, or just saying hi if it's a returning cuddler, should not be part of the charging fee. I also look for what the cuddler does prior to the actual cuddling.

• I don’t really use pro cuddlers but I had one experience like @Jay222 once a couple of years back. The cuddler arrived at my hotel room and as soon as she walked in the door that’s when the clock started and we spent at least 15 minutes with small talk, she going to the bathroom and finally getting to the cuddle part. And when the hour was up her alarm sounded, she sprung up from the bed as if catapulted, put her shoes on, said good bye and she was gone. Total time from when she got into the room until she opened the door to leave, 58 minutes.
    That’s the reason why I don’t really use pro cuddlers, because more often than not they seem to be about just making a quick buck.

• The time should start when you actually cuddle, and if they are going to leap out of bed when the timer runs out then the timer should be stopped anytime they need a bathroom break or pause to make tea/coffee etc....but in general I avoid the ones who immediately stop cuddling and jump out of bed when the timer goes off...

• edited September 2019

@Jay222 - I hope you are going to leave feedback on your experience with this pro so that other potential clients know what to expect.

• I appreciate all the feedback. It's pretty consistent from both client and pro that the time does not start until you actually start to cuddle. Which is the way I thought it should be. I was very disappointed in my recent experience. Felt like it was all about the money.

• I would also add to OP query that I agree a service shouldn't be charged for until it starts . However also keep in mind to be respectful of their time too as some folks would like to spend a lot of off the clock time conversing back and forth , meeting before hand , as well as chatting and continuing on after the time has ended . So the respect for time and.schedule does go both ways

• I agree @pmvines I base it on each person some start shortly once in door because they chat in between session or they are on short time schedule. But once timer goes off we talk and laugh and I do not ever rush them out but will ask if they want more time. I feel with some when not on clock then they start asking about dating and more personal because they now don’t respect it as a service or respect my time. You may want to just mention to the pro you felt shorted on time and ask why. Not all pros handle things the same.
    Just consider just as you do not want to be grouped and prejudged on someone else’s actions pros do not want to be judged or grouped as the same. We are individuals who run our business as we feel right to us and may differ from someone else.

• I don't start until cuddling starts. @cuddleversed I'm sorry that was your experience, which was a poor representation of what good Cuddlers are like or about. It's a new industry, so professionals run the entire gamut. Even with old industries, there are good and bad ones, but in established industries, everyone typically knows what to expect and what is a bad representation. Cuddling is still new enough that people think whatever their experience is the norm. I encourage potential clients to vet professionals just as much as professionals vet you. There are good ones out there.

• I have had a couple of pros where I could not wait for the timer to go off.

• [Deleted User]Mew (deleted user)

Why? Were they bad at cuddling?

• @Mew Both fell asleep. One said that means I am a good cuddler—which is not the point! I am not paying a pro to nap. She was tired. But I am sorry, I want someone that is present—able to converse, move their arms and to care. But that is 2 bad sessions out of 60 sessions, so not bad.

• Falling asleep during a session seems unprofessional to me. If I'm being paid for my time, I have an expectation that I will be available to that person for the duration of our session.

On the flip side, I had a friend recently have a client show up a full half hour early to their session, so I do think there is a balance to be met.

• Unprofessional and dangerous. I know of one former pro who fell asleep and woke up with her shorts pulled down and the client's fingers where they shouldn't be.

• edited September 2019

• @pmvines that sounds amazing... 😋

• @ubergigglefritz I had intended that to be a text to someone lol but I had that up at same time and posted it here rather than to my friend lol! Glad you like it but I did delete it due to relevance 😄 it was yummy though and mom did like it !

• [Deleted User]mke12009 (deleted user)

I scheduled a pro for a overnight . She gave me a price i paid and after 5 hours said times up and left.basicly it was no deal 80 a hour stayed 5 hours I will never hire another pro cuddler again. 2nd time this happened by 2 diffrent pros

• @mke12009 I don’t do overnights unfortunately but all I can say is don’t give up. There are amazing pros out there. If you decide to try another one, bring up these issues and see how they react. They should tell you straight from the beginning, what is offered. If they describe their over-nighters to you’re liking but they break it off early, there better be a good reason. If they just plain out end it early, report them.