Asked deposits before session?

If a cuddled asked for a deposit before session how did it work . Would you trust the cuddler ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Stillworkin247 (deleted user)

You have to use your best judgement. If it doesn’t feel right don’t do it.

• Thanks for the advice that is perfect answer

• Sometimes if I have to drive more than an hour I’ll ask for a deposit to make the drive worth it because Ive had people that booked me and then I’m sitting in some lobby for an hour or so getting stood up and then driving the hour and a half back home. It stings the whole drive home... that’s the only time I ask for a deposit. Either than that, I just ask for the money upfront which is cuddle comfort rules.

Just make sure if you book a session with someone, that they have the pink p on their profile. If it doesn’t have the pink professional button in their profile, they shouldn’t be charging.
    Report them.

If it’s an enthusiast that just wants some help for gas money, then yes. Use your judgement. ☺️

• I don't pre - pay sessions to make sure the cuddler comes, if she doesn't she doesn't get paid. I haven't had this problem as of yet!!

• I often ask for deposits if I have upfront expenses. I lose enough from a no show without having to factor in additional expenses. I've never not showed up for a session yet...

• @jay5343 Throwing in the trusting the person changes your question. Deposits are fine to me if they are coming a ways to see me, but it would depend on the cuddler. If they have a long history on the site and lots of karma then yes, you can probably trust them. If it is a new cuddler, then you should trust your instincts based on your interaction with them. If it is somebody and they have been around a year or more and have no karma or maybe only one, then that would raise a red flag for me. JMO.

• I agree with @FunCartel It would depend on how much Karma they have, do they look legit? Ask other users that have used them as well, this should give you an idea if they are a good Pro. I travel sometimes and its much better to have a deposit if its long distance since I would only book a hotel and such if I have clients coming over. Otherwise I would be able to stay with friends or family.

• I am going to cry. I drove all day to get to this spot, to see someone for a session and accommodate her availability. Haven't heard from her all day (been talking for so long until last night was the last I heard from her). This is the absolute worst no show. I'm in the hole $150. I want to trust people, but this is the absolute worst feeling. 😢

• Why did you drive all day if they stopped? I always check in the day of and tell them beforehand that if I do not hear from them by XXXX that I will assume they are not coming. It is a two way street be it enthusiast or pro.

• Because we had talked extensively, on the phone included, and I trusted her. I left as early as I could so I could get up here in time. I didn't know she wasn't responding until well into the drive. I live in my motorhome. I hadn't made any other plans for where I was staying tonight and had already booked the campsite. Anyway, I implemented a $50 mandatory deposit moving forward. If people are offended, that's fine. I would prefer to continue meeting new people, but I have plenty of existing clients for me to visit if no one new is interested. I need to know people are serious for me to basically plan where I'm living for a night for you 😕
    And which affects my whole schedule ahead, and sometimes behind you. I won't be able to continue doing this if this happens, so I have to implement a new boundary...

• Has there been any update @ubergigglefritz from her yet?

• @MissAdventurous She found my business on Facebook, not here (so no karma to give). I talked to a colleague who had lots of sessions with her before she moved and she told me the woman had posted on Facebook this evening, so she seems to be fine. But no word to me 😞 Too much potential for loss when I'm traveling like this, and often I travel to an area just for one person, so I need to implement a mandatory deposit. Unfortunately, I need more than just morning confirmation like @FunCartel suggested. I plan routes based on sessions, and where I will be overnighting, all well in advance. Living on the road means I can't just "stay home" if someone disappears. People disappearing was much less impactful when I lived in a stick and brick 😞

• edited October 2019

Maybe going north towards NY

may be more lucrative in larger towns. Stack up some clients and $$ then plan for next place. I try to look for cool events, destinations with nature, ect and then I plan around for clients. That way if someone flakes, you'll be less disappointed and still enjoy the area you travelled to with your own funds.

The whole situation is disappointing to read for you. Just trying to send little positivity your way. 😅

• New England next spring/summer 😊 Heading through OH, PA, NJ, MD, then back home to VA for a short break 😊 I will just go where I have current clients or deposits moving forward until I've saved enough to absorb some loss a little better. But yeah, just very frustrating 😞

• Large corporate firms cancel appointments at the last minute so it is no shock that individuals do the same. If I were a pro, I might keep a log of everyone who made an appointment and track how many canceled over several months and you would probably have a very dependable ratio to go by. Is it one cancellation for every eight appointments for example? That might give you a starting point to determine pricing adjustments. Many people have an issue with deposits but overlook a ten dollar an hour price increase. So your dependable clients support you through higher rates to offset the flakes. Just my five cents with inflation.

• That's how I felt before. But traveling at 8-10 mpg and traveling cross country to get wherever I'm requested or needed, I would need to raise my rates too much to cover for the rare losses 😞

Anyway, can't make everyone happy, but one thing this job has taught me is to be strong in my boundaries and take care of myself first, so I can continue caring for other people 😊

• edited October 2019

I am doing deposits now as well, except mine are optional. If you pay a deposit of half the price of the session in advance then you get additional cuddling time for free as a reward. If for some reason you are not able to make it and do not cancel with enough notice then I keep the money; if you do your session then you only owe the other half at the session.

Deposits make sense because we deserve to be compensated for losing what we would have made from that session.

Cancelation fees are equal to that of half a session as per the TOS.