Common Courtesy

Apparently it's common, and okay for people to schedule a booking and cancel last minute without even proper communication or relaying the message to the other person. Is it too much to ask or to expect to be informed of a cancellation, or if someone is no longer interested or available/able to? I can understand in today's busy world that things change last minute and unexpected things come up; but it would be nice, and only fair if the person who made these plans with you to begin with would inform you of the change or cancellation as soon as they realize that they are no longer able to or interested. If I was unable to keep an appointment the first thing I would do is inform the person I made these plans with of the change. Maybe some people dont take this whole thing seriously, but as far as I'm concerned, anything involving another person's time should at least be respected. When someone changes their entire schedule to make themself available, after confirming the session on both ends, it's only fair to inform the person you scheduled with of any change in plans; and preferably with as much notice as possible. I had a session scheduled for this morning, tailored my schedule and rest of my day accordingly, for this person to not even have the decency to inform me of the cancellation, instead deleted their account an hour before our scheduled session. He could have at least sent a message saying he no longer wants to meet, or is no longer able to before deleting his account.
This is only days after another person who contacted me for a session rescheduled, and was going to let me know when? I dont know.... Why is it so hard to tell someone you made plans with that you can no longer keep them?? It is only fair. I understand things change last minute, it happens, but let the other person know. Don't wait until they contact you, while all along they are thinking they have to be somewhere at a specific time and altered their day accordingly. I could have made other plans, or made myself free for someone else who was interested. Someone else's time is just as important as yours. I wish everyone at least had the decency to have the common courtesy.

Comments

• I have had numerous and different types of meetings, business and not business, over the last 20 years. Statistically, about 50% of people are late, from 5 min to over 30 min. About 10-20% do not show up at all. Of them, about 50% never bother to inform an organizer about that. It is just a fact of life. Do not take it personally, especially if you are in business. Our world is full of poorly organized and not quite polite people.

• It's not too much to expect but unfortunately these days it can't be relied upon. You could make them pay a deposit and if they cancel 24 hours beforehand, it's refunded otherwise forfeited.

• Who knows why people do what they do. Why do some people think it's ok to break up over text? Why can't some people be bothered to move their finger 1-inch to use turn signals? This site requires you to be 18+ to participate, but there is no restrictions on maturity level.

(Spoiler alert: Rated R for language)

• [Deleted User]evevanity (deleted user)
    edited October 2019

Yes, I think it’s very rude to cancel last minute without letting a Pro know. If that happens just block them as they are time wasters and probably get off on wasting your time.

The worst offenders are clients that will message me about wanting to book me for a specific day and time of the date, and when we both agree that our schedule are free for that time being, they won’t actually book and just flake out.

And potential clients that expect you to go back and forth with them all day about date and time of cuddling instead of just booking it in the system. I don’t understand why they expect me to keep going back and forth when I have already agreed I am free on agreed time with them. Those are time wasters and I refuse to give them my energy.

I actually had to cancel a date last Saturday because A client gave me a convincing impression he wanted to cuddle on Saturday. He didn’t book the scheduled day and had to audacity to response with “Thanks. I will get back to you” after I had cancel my date and left my Saturday evening open for them.

Now I’ve learned not to take any message about them wanting to cuddle seriously and not change my plans for them unless they actually use the booking system.

• They did use the booking system. And then deleted their account an hour or two before the session

• And yes, many times I've kept my schedule clear for people who mentioned certain days but was not yet confirmed and of course they couldn't make it when they said. Suddenly out of town lol. I guess some people are that busy depending on what they do for work, but a lot of the people really are just time wasters looking for people to talk to when there are other websites for that, to meet people.. this is for seeking /booking cuddle sessions/buddies.. am I wrong?
    That's why I got was angry enough to make the post complaining because he actually did book it, he wasnt just wasting time with the back and forth. I didnt approach or message him first. He was straight to the point wanting a session from the beginning, like all other serious clients usually are. So it was like what was the point in that??! Its not like he got banned or something like that, he literally deleted the acct. Why waste someone's time. For amusement? I guess some people are that bored.. but I was pretty annoyed it did effect my entire day and I did change my normal schedule for it.

• [Deleted User]evevanity (deleted user)
    edited October 2019

@Mackenzie711 I totally understand your frustration, and especially after the fact that he did book and then suddenly deleted his account. Some men on here book pros yet still have the mentality that the shouldn’t have to pay for this. You know how most men think if a woman is doing something it’s not of monetary value, but when men start doing it suddenly it’s professional and worth paying for. Look at the historical records of women cooking and doing domestic work for free, and look at the professional chief world completely dominated by men making billions of dollars yet excluding women.

Some men bring that same mentality here. Hence, we have men who book us, but are still reluctant to pay. Maybe he thought he could convince you to cuddle or hang out with him for free. When he saw it wasn’t possible (if you have a firm pay first rule), he deleted his account.

I had a similar experience with a client who deleted his account after a cuddling session. After the session ended, on his way to drop me off, he complained about how he doesn’t like paying because he feels like women are faking it. Mind you he’s a Uber driver, how would he feel if a client told him they expect his services for free. He then told he wants to do unpaid hangout and be my friend, when I told him I am not interested in unpaid hangout (I care about bringing comfort to people, but this is also my business and I have friends I barely make time for). And of course, he deleted his account the very same day.

• @Mackenzie711 “…this is for seeking /booking cuddle sessions/buddies.. am I wrong?...” – Nope, you are right. This social platform is indeed for seeking/booking cuddle sessions/buddies. By reading through the profiles on the site, it appears to me that many users consider it a kind of a dating one. Once, I received an invitation to discuss a sort of a marriage proposal despite that we had never even talked about a meeting and never seen each other in person!

• Part of what I came to understand is that some (mostly men) people are filled with bitterness from who knows what. So when they come here not only do they misunderstand/oppose Professional cuddlers and their purpose/mission here. Though also disrespect said pros. Part of that unfortunately, is thus shown through wasting their time and trolling them. In some cases even it could be someone that the pro had to previously reject due to them (crossing boundaries, or simply the pro feeling uncomfortable for some reason) so, they create another account. Those are lowlife moves. It’s part of the reason that when I find myself in similar situations, I am not quick to respond new contacts. Sometimes they might especially for enthusiasts come back fishing for information. Like photos. Or something. By pretending to be someone else. Or perhaps, they’ve had bad experience(s) with pros, or even women/ in general. So, they have that toxic mentality.

So it’s up to us to connect the dots/read between the lines, etc., the best we can. As well as find our unique ways of dealing with/minimizing the impact of these issues. Most of all, follow our instinct, or at least proceed with caution.

• edited October 2019

That is very unfair. Maybe the person went broke and couldn’t afford the session anymore. Maybe they realized they were gay. Who knows why- but to not inform you is hurtful.
    To limelight I would say I when I was using pros had a few last minute cancellations from two separate pros. One pro no called no showed. So it works both ways.

• Right, @eddie2sweaty . Kudos to the supposedly straight guy or gal that books a session and figures out they're gay and then bails on an appointment - thanks for the sweeping generalization. But everything else you said was plausible.

• The OP is quite striking. I was struggling to find out why a man would cancel on her.

• @eddie2sweaty

Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t always just about looks. Or even about seeming a decent person. Some people simply have an agenda one way or another. They don’t care.

• I hear this happening more and more so that’s why I would have zero problem with paying a deposit for the session, this way if something happens then the pro is covered for her time and effort. Also this completely weeds out the flakes.

• edited October 2019

I think it would cut down the number of no shows if the site collects thier percentage of pro fees , after a client books sessoon

• @Mackenzie711 You are too nice of a person to let this get you down. I have had to cancel on occasion and I have always let the other person know the reasons why. I bring this up because many have expressed gratitude that I told them because many do not tell them they need to cancel. You just happened to run into a person that is too cowardly to communicate a change of heart or plans. It is definitely not a reflection on you.

• Ive had that happen a lot that at this point i make my time a first come first serve. Heoever makes it official on the booking system. Ive had someone cancel literally less than an hr before and then 2 months later message me saying oh hey lets reschedule. Yeah right!