Feedback/Support

edited October 2011 in Root
If you have any questions about the website or this forum, feel free to post them here.

Comments

• The search doesn't work... All me choices gets reset when i click search.
  • edited February 2012
    Have you tried saving your search?

There is a field a the bottom of the options called 'Save this search'. Just fill it out with something and click 'Search'. This will then save it under 'Saved searches'.

Hope I've explained that well enough.
  • I don't seem to be able to delete my account? The link should be on the Settings page but I can't find it there. Don't get me wrong, the overall idea of this website is great but I have found only one person from my country here so I'd like to cancel/delete my account at the moment. Perhaps I will join again in the future.
  • Hi, it's under Settings > Privacy > Who can view my profile
  • There seems to be no one in my area, and I'm from Southern California. :/ We should get more members! :D
  • edited November 2012
    I cant seem to LOG OUT. Whenever I press the log out button it just takes me to the home page and still says I'm logged in as Jak275. Is there a way to fix this without closing my browser?
  • CuddleComfort needs to add another status...something like 'separated' or 'limbo' I am not really any of the current options single/married/in a relationship because my state requires a one year separation before a divorce shall be granted. See? Technically married/emotionally single/no relationship
  • There is something very comforting about this website.

• Can I upload pics from my phone?
  • Hey Mark I just wanted to tell you great job on the site and keep up the good work man! *eHug*
  • The site rules says that no one should attempt to meet other members of this website for sex. It is probably important to have this rule so it would not become conventional dating site, just with more focus on cuddling, but I do not see nothing wrong, if two members meet and not only cuddle, but have sex, if both agreed on it. You can see in my profile description that I am up for both things, though it is primarily cuddling, but if you say me it is really wrong on this site, I would change my description and only look here for cuddling buddies and go to other websites for other things.
  • edited January 2013
    TeddyBear87: Thank you.

i_came:
    If two people meet and happen to find themselves becoming romantically connected, there is nothing wrong with that. But organising to meet for anything on a sexual level is against the rules for good reason as without it people would feel more vulnerable. 

I appreciate you being open about this but I do recommend removing that part from your profile as it shows intent to break the terms and conditions.

With that clarified, it's nice to have you aboard. :)
  • I can't seem to flip my photos from my browser on my phone. Maybe I can do it from my PC?
  • edited January 2013
    **edit**
    I do like the idea of this site though
    :)
  • Uncertain if this is the proper location to voice my words, or if there is another discussion topic that addresses it...because that mostly relates to my question. The forum here is great for the sake of talking on topics in the community, and while the number of posts here are limited, the need for a good searching function is necessary to weed through things quickly. Wanted to find a talk that addressed the necessity of looking for exact phrases, because it looks like the search looks for MORE posts when I add more words rather than less, and doesn't seem to register attempts of exact phrase searching.

I assume this is more an issue with the forum template used here and it's own coding, and I'm uncertain of how much of an overhaul it would require to work in the future if/when the number of posts get out of hand. :o
  • It could use a chat room! Maybe even chat rooms for particular regions??? It would certainly make me want to spend more time here, maybe even bring more members!
  • And I'm certain the new setup of the ENTIRE website and even forum have made more than a few issues. just got here after a time, so...nothing to share on that level, but I'll be back here if they arise. ;)
  • I love the new setup. I seem to have full functionality again, which greatly pleases me :)
  • What functionality were you lacking previously?
  • Principally, I lost the ability to post to the forum.
  • [Deleted User]DersEvvak (deleted user)
    edited May 2015
    Mark: two things amiss about profiles since the layout change.

1. Many US profiles (mine, at the very least) are only showing the county and state people are located in, not the city.
    2. You've added an orientation field, but you left out an "Asexual" option - and I think that's more important on a site like this than most.
  • Thanks for your feedback.

Location issue is now resolved.

Your point about asexuality is something I agree with but needs to be carefully considered due to search implications and the fact the majority of people have no idea what it means. Personally, I'm a member of their primary sub-reddit and am aware we have much greater numbers of asexual people over other communities.
  • I've noticed that the "social" box on the front page isn't up to date. It's supposed to show the latest replied to topics in the forum, but it's showing the latest post happening on the "Profile fields" topic. There are currently three topics that have newer posts, and some topics in "social" should be buried by other ones, so... :o
  • Thanks, it did indeed stop updating. That's fixed now :)
  • And two weeks later, I'm back to note I've stopped receiving notifications about posts being made to the discussion boards I've bookmarked. Shame, because it seems there was a boost of activity while I was out. :D
  • I would appreciate an option to exclude views from people with no profile picture. It irritates me that people want to maintain their anonymity while investigating more complete profiles.
  • [Deleted User]GoodHands (deleted user)
    Bruin, that's interesting. I just finished reading your post ("Does Anyone Really Get it?") in which you expressed the opinion that many threads here were "divisive," in that they broke down along gender lines, and one even requested no male participation. Isn't it equally divisive to separate those with pics from those without, and then request the ability to exclude the latter from even looking at your profile? 

We all use screen names here rather than our legal names, a standard practice designed to preserve a degree of anonymity. The choice to not display one's true face is just another aspect of online privacy, one everyone is free to adopt or not. I can think of several legitimate reasons why a person might decide not to post a picture for the whole world to see. Here's just one: this site is entirely predicated on the idea that many or most people we meet in the real world would not understand the desire for platonic cuddles. So it makes sense that if our friends and business contacts in real life discovered we were on this site, they wouldn't "get it," and that might cause us embarrassment or worse. Some choose not to risk it. I see no reason to be irritated with people who take this position.

All profiles here are done to varying degrees of completeness. Some have pics but almost no descriptive information about who the person is or what they are looking for. Others have great descriptions and no pics. Some profiles are practically blank, as some people just want to be able to look around before committing. Should they be prevented from doing so?

Now if someone contacts you to arrange  a cuddle session, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for a pic via PM so you can know who you are considering meeting. But to want the option to exclude those without a pic from ever seeing your profile in the first place...seems at least as "divisive" as gender-specific threads. Just my two cents, and no offense intended.
  • None taken. I don't see it as divisive, I see it as choosing who I engage with when I create my profile. More engagement with the site should confer some benefit. People that want to lurk on the fringes can continue to do so. I'm positing it as a choice to be offered, not a blanket ban on those without pictures being able to view those with. It would also undermine the scammers to some extent, two of whom have messaged me through profiles without pictures.
  • edited July 2015
    I'm not sure there is good reason to develop that sort of feature. I'm also unaware of any other website with a 'Visitors' seciton doing this either.

I just had a look at OKCupid, a role model in usability for this type of website setup, and notice they do not have such an option either.

Considering the subject matter, I think we really should try and be understanding of people who don't wish to show their photo. I don't think it's indicative of less engagement. 
  • [Deleted User]bang168 (deleted user)
    What about a review kind of section like verified amazon purchases? I've met with some people that were hesitant and biased against me, but once we talked and started cuddling, they were like wow I was so wrong about you. Both people could agree that they met and then leave a review or something, obviously it can be abused, just a thought I had. I'm full of great ideas.