Suggestions for first time cuddle??????

Do seasoned users have any suggestions, do’s and don’ts, for a newbie?

Already scheduled. First cuddle will be at his condo.

Thanks Pat

Comments

• edited November 2019

Dont poke grope or try to put your mouth on him/her

• All that really matters is that you two talk over what boundaries you have. Make sure he knows what you’re comfortable with and vice versa. Have fun!!💖💖

• [Deleted User]TheErlking (deleted user)

I haven’t done this yet... at least not with strangers from the site. But I would go with the following:

Don’t grope; keep hands off inappropriate places.

Don’t try to kiss/make out.

Shower first; smell good, have good hygiene, keep breath fresh.

Don’t try to make anything sexual, physically or dialogue.

If you get an erection, pull away - don’t try to press it up on her/him. Nature happens, just don’t force the issue.

Don’t be a jerk.

If I ever meet someone from here, I will be making sure to follow those rules. And everything else in the site agreement and whatever is discussed with the potential cuddler.

• edited November 2019

I was hesitant to try a workshop but I emerged with a much deeper understanding. In this particular workshop, the leader started by having us practice saying "no" out loud to the person next to us in drill form. Even something as simple as placing your hand from the upper arm to the lower arm required a request. By the end of the workshop, we were pretty much intertwined except for one guy who was women only, and a woman who had never cuddled in her life. She actually requested positions throughout the workshop out a book that the group leader brought. There were also two benches. One for people who did not want to be cuddled, another for people who did. Depending on the leader, a workshop can add insight. Another funny unexpected bonus was how random people in public responded to me for about 3 days after, like there was something in the air.

• [Deleted User]RavenSong (deleted user)
    edited November 2019

• @PeopleLikeUs I've noticed the same. Snuggling with someone seems to alter the sense of personal space. Just after my first cuddle I was in a public place with a stranger who looked a lot like my cuddle partner and I felt this rush of affection and greeted him with that warmth and openness.

• @littermate Trump would love that.

• Don't do it. It's a trap. You'll be addicted and want to do it again 😳😬🙂😉

• edited November 2019

@calineur

Don't do it. It's a trap. You'll be addicted

I went to my first cuddle workshop 2 weeks ago. We sat in a circle and started introductions and why we were there.
    20 people attending, and I get picked to go first.

I wasn't sure how to start so I began with, "Hi, I'm Don, and I'm a cuddleholic." I knew instantly it wasn't that kind of meeting when they all started laughing at me.

• @FunCartel please explain for the slightly slow the Trump comment.

• [Deleted User]RichLampke (deleted user)

Any suggestions for a guy trying to start out on here for getting clients? Seems women need this as much as guys do. This is something I love to do and get paid to doit but starting seems difficult.

• @RichLampke I'd recommend you write all lot more in your profile. Take a look at some of the other pros' profiles and make yours more robust so you sound more professional. With the ratio of women to men being so low on here, we have lots of choices of free cuddlers. You'll need to be convincing about what you're offering that makes us want to spend money on you vs. snuggle free with a non pro. Good luck!

• i tell every newbie to set the bar high, discuss expectations, boundaries and consent. communication is soo important, message, text, and moreso talk on the phone-videochat.. hearing a voice, having a conversation, it gives a good jist of ones personality and character, a 5-minute conversation from the beginning will give some idea how comfortable it will be in someones arms for a few hours, listen carefully to what is being said, asked, comforts, issues. cuddling is the easy part lol.

• Here are tips and tricks that have worked very well for me (and earned repeat cuddlers). This advice is for cuddlers of all genders/gender expressions.

1.) Meet face to face with your potential cuddle partner over coffee--for your safety. It puts a face and voice to their profile and allows the two of you to assess whether or not you'd be good cuddle buddies. Pay attention to their energy and try and match it. Discuss boundaries.

2.) One of the first questions I ask is to have them tell me a bit about themselves so that I can get a better idea as to who they are as a cuddler--be it their cuddling style (some cuddlers are more touchy feely than others, and personally I prefer this), their favourite styles of music (I curate playlists for cuddle sessions), favourite types of movies and shows (I compile a list to have on hand so I don't blank if we choose to watch a movie) and so on.

3.) Hygiene is super important. Make sure you shower and brush your teeth before you cuddle. Avoid cologne and perfume.

4.) Keep your cuddling space neat and clean! If you're cuddling on a bed, be sure to wash your comforters and pillow cases before hand. They smell amazing right out of the dryer. If they're hosting, respect their space.

5.) Don't stay in one position. Switching cuddling positions opens up whole new worlds (and dazzling places you never knew) of platonic affection.

6.) If you feel yourself getting a boner, lean your hips away from your partner. Don't grind them. Don't groan. Move your hips away and it'll go away after a few moments. No grabbing, no kissing, no sexual topics--anything that will creep out your platonic only cuddle buddy is a no-go.

7.) This isn't necessary, but I like to have tea and light snacks on hand just in case my partner gets a bit peckish.

8.) Read "The Cuddle Sutra" by Rob Grader and "Touch: The Power of Human Connection" by Samantha Hess and learn how to give good scalp massages and back rubs to step up your cuddling game.

9.) Workshops are excellent to practise this, but utilise the power of "NO". Discussing boundaries beforehand helps eliminate any sketchy ideas someone might have but "NO" can be your best friend.

That's all I have for now. Good luck!

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Genius. That's really good advice, @CuddlyAce.

• Also if you want your head touched you should probably wash your hair it shouldn’t be greasy....I normally wear a head scarf when I cuddle Take a shower prior to cuddling don’t use any strong scented perfume or cologne good hygiene mints are always a nice touch clean clothing comfortable material no jeans or heavy linen or itchy fabric if your toes are not trimmed wear socks no one likes to get scratched bring chapstick and and something to drink like water or tea .....soda will make you gassy I would also eat way before or after cuddling so you don’t pass gas as much where all human but it can ruin the peaceful ness of the session (this is my personal opinion and this is what I think of when I cuddle people )