Guys visiting other guy's pages

I was just checking who visited me and found out there are a number of guys who have visited my page. How is this possible and can they be blocked?

Comments

• I just visited you. I used blood magic, and only God can stop me.

• @MrMark I know a lot of guys have visited the page of a guy that left me karma. They want to see (I imagine), what kind of guy left this glowing report.

@hogboblin power snort on that one

• mb0mb0
    edited November 2019

Maybe they just explore the site and happen to run into you. Maybe you are friends with or have left karma on someone they cuddle or intend to cuddle. Maybe you post on the forum and they click on your username to see who it is they're talking to. There are tons of reasons why men may visit your profile.

If you really want to, yes, you can block them, just as you'd block anyone else, although that isn't really what the block mechanism is for and you'll run out of blocks if you keep it up.

My question to you is this: why in the world do you care and why do you want to block them? Frankly it seems extremely insecure. I've had a decent number of men visit my profile, and it never occurred to me to perceive this as a problem.

• Men sometimes check others who have cuddled with those who they might be interested in. Others might have seen a comment you made in the forum. It doesn't bother me.....

• edited November 2019

I echo what the others have said but mainly its because you've posted or commented in a forum about something.

• Furthermore, in the forums you can’t see if the person is female or male, so no one knows what sex you are until they click on your profile.

• Well judging by your profile photo you like balls.

• they are just trying to get a feel of the competition

• @Sheena123 , yes, and if someone makes an interesting comment you might want to check their profile.....overall, I don't really know why it should bother someone??

• I just visited everybody's page #sorrynotsorry #errboddy

• [Deleted User]TheErlking (deleted user)

Do you also feel that men who walk by you on the street should look down so as not to catch a glimpse of your magnificent visage; that your great masculinity should be made available only for those longing glances reserved solely for the loveliest of lasses?

In other news, you’re on a website with public profiles. People look at them. If you don’t want to talk to those people, don’t talk to them. If you can’t handle men looking at your profile, don’t have a profile. If you don’t want men looking at you at all, don’t go out in public.

• This post is hilarious

• @MrMark You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my eyes off of you....

• Im wondering if I should take another lap around the room

• I don’t think he likes birds visiting his shoulder either. This guy has boundaries! Respect them.

• @hugonehugall Back at you. I feel soiled now and smell your testosterone on my profile.

🌝

• Once again someone with a vulnerable/informational question gets ROASTED. Granted the implied homophobia is funny to you woke sorts, and your comments are hilarious, but ease up on @MrMark. He's just a human trying to figure out what's what here.

• @littermate Then perhaps you should not have power snorted if you suffer bouts of pity for the homophobic.

• @FunCartel I don't find I have to choose between my compassion and my sense of humor. They seem to coexist.

• @littermate They seem to have coalesced into a career as a forum cop.

• @FunCartel Is that what it is? That feels to be giving my 2 cents way more power than I'd like.

• @littermate When you laugh at something then you decide enough is enough it is very authoritarian. Hence the comparison. You can dress it up as compassion, but it is more like having your cake and eating it too. Saying it is compassion after participating is a cheap way of exonerating one’s self so you can condemn the others.

Kind of reminds me of the boys in Jaws who get caught by the Coast Guard scaring people with the fake shark fin and one of the two boys points at the other when they are caught and says “He made me do it” even though it took both of them to do it.

• @FunCartel My experience changes (not just in this thread but others as well) after one or two humorous pokes in jest turns into a kind of piling on. I'm betting the experience of some questioners does too. I find ALL the comments funny and at some point it feels like it creates an atmosphere unfriendly to vulnerability. I guess it comes down to what kind of forum people want this to be.

Are you policing my policing?

• As a newbie here, I have looked at a lot of other guys profiles, I like to read there profile and try to learn from them. I have learned some things to NOT put in mine and picked a few ideas also. And if I see someone from my area I will look and see if maybe I know them.

• @littermate Yes I am because policing can be overbearing as well. You should recognize that aspect of it as it suppresses opinions in the forums as well. I have been guilty of it as have many of us. There is no need to pee on every spark you see. I have learned that and I am still learning that. Because sometimes policing makes you the abuser and object of ridicule.

Not trying to be mean. I am just a bit more blunt than most in here.

• Why would you want to block people who haven’t done anything to you if your active in forum people will look at your post

• edited November 2019

I find it practical to maintain my visitors list with people who I woukd likely cuddle. Blocking is the only way to do that. When the block list hits 200 I unblock everyone and tidy up the current visitors list. That works.

• edited November 2019

@PeopleLikeUs That's what I use the favorites function for, now I wonder what you use favorites for?

You are starting to make me think about how the website works. Say, for instance, you remember someone visited your profile a short while ago but new visitors kicked them out of the list, or maybe you get so many visitors and went to long without checking, are you saying you can block people and it'll backfill the visitors page with the most recent non-blocked people. Sort of like browsing through your history of visitors?

I never block anyone, especially people I don't like. I want to see what they are saying. But this could be a legitimate reason to temporarily block people. Like a pro that is super popular and gets too many visitors. My visitor list holds 10 people and takes about 3 days for them to drop off, but a female might only have a few hours to check before they drop off. I know there's a pro local to me that sends out a copy/paste greeting to every male that visits her page. Probably a good strategy to generate business and engage the ones to shy to initiate the messaging.

• edited November 2019

@DonLonG "are you saying you can block people and it'll backfill the visitors page with the most recent non-blocked people. Sort of like browsing through your history of visitors?" - Yes

I use Favorites to keep track of every favorite, blocked or not. Favorites and the forum precludes blocking as does message history.