How has the CC website changed since it's inception?

[Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
edited November 2019 in General

I've been reading through all the discussion threads on this site in the past several years of it's history and am curious to understand how the site has evolved in the spirit and tone of the discussions in the forums, the general choice of topics and so on. I would specially like to hear from the members who have been registered on this site since 2018 and before. What specific changes they have observed: good and bad. And what particular features they think might be added to help newer members more fully appreciate the cuddling experience. For example, should there be an educational video regarding building expectations, consent and boundaries that new members should be made to watch within their first 30 days on the site? Should CC invest in providing or making educational resources available to it's members as cuddleconnect does? There is a 30 day agreement that all members on this site sign every 30 days regarding their conduct toward others in messaging and cuddling activities. Should that be extended to a more detailed educational requirement of attending an online workshop or webinar every 6 months to learn or refresh one's cuddling etiquette? Maybe even further to discussion forum etiquette?

Comments

• The forums have become more confrontational. People with a prevailing point of view gang up on anyone with an alternative perspective. This has driven many former posters from the forums (and from the site altogether). I myself post much less than I used to. It seems like the forums are now dominated by half-a dozen people who post multiple times a day.

• its not it's

Lots of lurkers here, including myself

• edited November 2019

I don't know how it's changed, I've only been here an hour, but I can tell you what I see.

Any other social website, the first time you log in, you get an automated message from an admin saying "Hi, welcome, I'm on the mod team, here's some info to get you started, feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns, blah blah blah."

Don't get that here.

Additionally, the forums seem like a pretty hostile place. Newcomers get thrown right in with the cynics, homophobes, and trolls. I've seen more kindness and openness on 4chan.

For being a website that claims to be a place about finding people to cuddle with, it seems to utterly fail in that regard unless you 1) have a lot of money 2) are willing to stretch the rules on sexual touch, and/or 3) are really attractive (or female). If you qualify for any one of those, you might as well be on Tinder.

Additionally, blocking people only seems to work for profiles, search, and private messaging. It doesn't stop them from continuing to harass you on the forums.

• Used to be way better used to be a lot more nonpros

• No real changes to me. Just more cuddlers to choose from...so the site has grown in number of members.