No show

[Deleted User]Willywagtail (deleted user)
edited November 2019 in General

Hi guys! Have you experienced any non-shows? How do you deal with them?

Comments

• Several. I’ve been pretty indulgent in the past, letting people do this and then still agreeing to meet again. But in my experience it’s not really worth it to give another chance; those that pull this are just not reliable, considerate people. And they’re likely to no-show again. So in the future I think I will just not make further attempts to communicate.

Maybe if someone seems sincerely apologetic, has an excuse I don’t think is a total lie, and seems actually enthusiastic about meeting again I’ll do it. But that’s not generally the situation.

• I use an airbnb or hotel when I host so someone not showing up or canceling last minute means I lose money and time. I have started asking for a small deposit and I'm glad I did. Most people don't have an issue with providing a small deposit since it goes towards the cuddling fee. It definitely helps weed out the flakes and time wasters.

• Since the poster is not a pro, asking for a deposit is not an option.

• Ahh, very true. This is a tough one. Unfortunately, theres no way to avoid or prevent it. I totally get that things happen & you may not be able to go through with plans initially set but most of the time it isn't an emergency that caused them to be a no show. If a person just didn't show up, I wouldn't want to make plans with that person again. Thats really inconsiderate.

• edited November 2019

Once. Quite a puzzle. All communication stopped after confirming 6 hours beforehand. She walked away from a 3 hour fee and tip.

• edited November 2019

If we're out and about meeting others, haven't we all? Generally speaking, I deal with it through conviction similar to @mb0. People get a maximum of 99% of my trust. That 1% is always reserved because too many people have abused my 100%. There used to be a time where I'd be "nice" and allow this to happen several times before I learned my boundary is 0% tolerance for timewasting, let alone repeatedly. If you no-show or play games, I don't give second chances. Granted, things do happen that cause people to fall out of communication. I'd say more often than not, someone who genuinely had a bout of bad luck will follow up with an apology that is absent of any excuses or far fetched stories, and a promise to rearrange a meeting.

• No shows are disrespectful and indicate that the person doesn't value you or care about wasting your time. Yes, people can have emergencies come up, but it takes little effort to send a text or message that something came up and they need to cancel. If someone pulls a no show, I report them and then block.

• I like the idea of collecting a small deposit here. I also cuddle through another site that collects a deposit upfront and I've had zero issues with cancellations.

• [Deleted User]Willywagtail (deleted user)

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts! :)

• @Willywagtail When I want to cuddle I communicate with several cuddlers in order to increase the odds for success at the desired time/day. Are there not a lot of cuddlers in your area? If you visit California, I imagine you'd have few issues with no-shows.

• [Deleted User]Willywagtail (deleted user)

Thanks for you advice, @calineur. Yeah, I think there are a lot of cuddlers, though not as many as in California. :) It was sad to block someone I used to trust so much. But that’s alright. I can see that it may happen to everyone. You guys are the best!

• @Willywagtail They are not worthy for you to feel sorry or sad. Block them and move on! You will find more respectful and trustworthy cuddle buddies!

• edited November 2019

Unfortunately, you can report him only if you are a pro. I understand that it is a bit unfair for enthusiasts. Anyways, all the best!

• There's pro I've had some sessions with that always is late to them, one time no show. I didn't have web access then so didn't notice their early am cancellation for same day. Now I've laptop, I can send messages from it to her on here & get updates when she's not able to arrive on time. Lucky enough on day of cancellation, I managed to cancel booked room without incurring any costs. Did spend 1/2 day awaiting for her. As I did not have CC access then & when got back I saw their message, I wasn't too upset, just I could have done other things 4 my day apart from awaiting around. Moan over ;)x

• @Willywagtail @12345678910

Unfortunately, you can report him only if you are a pro. I understand that it is a bit unfair for enthusiasts. Anyways, all the best!

Enthusiasts absolutely can and should report an abusive member. The option to do that doesn't change whether you are listed as professional or not. All you have to do is click the [...] section on a person's profile, select 'report' and fill out the form. Or if they've blocked you from viewing their profile, just message a mod (reurbo, SoulcuddlerZ).

• Definitely report!

• In the reporting guideline ... when not reporting someone ...
    “Members not listed with a Professional tag on their profile are not bound by the Pro Cuddler Contract meaning that if you set up a session with them and pay for a motel/hotel to meet and they don't show, while it is rude, we cannot force them to reimburse you.”

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@12345678910: Right. They can warn 'em, suspend 'em, even kick 'em off the site, but they can't get you your money back.

• [Deleted User]Mickey21 (deleted user)
    edited November 2019

I had a pro I had arranged everything, time, etc and they just ghosted hours before the arranged visit, no message, no follow up. Reported the individual for the behavior and moved on. I don't have time for inconsiderate "pros". I have no idea why someone would claim to be a pro and behave that way. Take some responsibility for your actions.

Honestly, I've given up on the process and any pros because the two times I have arranged a meeting they have either been a no show, or wanted to take things past cuddling and made me feel creeped out ruining the whole reason to do this at all.

• I want to clone myself 50 times and send one to each state and snuggle you all. <3

• Lol I second that @littermate 💗😝

• Cuddling Clones from the heart of the Universe....

• Choose wisely .... the strict definition of professional is someone who gets paid to do what they do. That definition doesn’t always mean they are responsible or necessarily any good at what they do. Mine is awesome though and I’ve communicated with others who I’m confident are just as awesome!

• A pro might be upset by a no-show, but if the client paid in full for the session, even afterwards, I don't suppose they would mind too much. I hope that if I booked a pro session and at the last minute couldn't make it, paying in full would recover the situation. Like if a taxi driver turns up at a house, to be told they are no longer needed, but is paid anyway.
    With cuddling having a "market value" would paying a non-pro that same amount ( voluntarily ) make up for it, at least enough to get a second chance ?
    Events happen, and I think we should try to accommodate those who are genuinely contrite.
    Thoughts welcome.
    Geoff

• edited November 2019

@geoff1000 The concept of paying a non pro a fee in order to convince them to cuddle with you again undermines the process of being a pro and of the site, and also encourages non pros to try to ask for a fee under the radar as an untagged pro. It is a slippery slope .

• I think that if you are talking about cuddling and you haven’t done it yet and they cancel that could happen but as you’re actively showing up to meet somebody and they are there at your location and then you want to cancel that’s f****d up and I don’t give second chances on that and I can honestly say personally things have happened to me where I’ve had to cancel same day and it’s been legit reasons either have to go to work or had family problems and we all have lives outside of cuddling and that’s understandable but we’re all human beings and you should treat another human being with respect and letting them know if you change your mind but don’t waste there time

• @pmvines Any relationship is like loading up a see-saw ; we each put a little weight on each end, trying to keep it balanced. Until there is plenty of weight on both sides, it only takes a little imbalance, and it all tips over. I'm looking for a solution for when there is an accidental imbalance, very early in the relationship ( of any sort ) like being stuck on a freeway for hours with no cellphone signal. The stance seems to be that it's "game over".
    I got it wrong once (off-site, pre-cellphones) because I wasn't clear enough about which day we'd agreed, and every date invite since, has sounded like a business meeting.
    The only answer may be to have a dedicated cell phone for the meet, turn off your other one, and plan to arrive several hours early ; but then a no-show by the other, is really tough.
    Geoff

• I hear you but you are only going to muddy things when you start adding money into that equation. If they are a pro it's different you are paying a service provider. You are effectively making them into a service provider if they are a non pro and that's not the pre determined context of why you are cuddling with them to begin with . I would say if you may wanna consider hiring a pro in that case instead

• [Deleted User]Klynn_Nate67 (deleted user)

I had my first no-show ever this past week. It was so obviously not an oversight that I gave her a one star review, which pained me to do, but I felt I should especially because she had a previous 1 star review also based on a no-show. I want future potential cuddlers to know that she is undependable.