Sitting on lap

[Deleted User]Angirsonl (deleted user)

Does sitting on someone's lap is considered cuddling? I've been curious about this and thought to myself. I'm being ignorant and so on.

Comments

• It can be. The more important question I think is, is it cuddling for you? Do you want that?

If the person just sits on one's lap and pays them no attention, as though they are just a chair, then that's a whole other story I'd think. Though if they sit in a way that they can still interact with the other, then why not.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I consider it cuddling. You do want to change positions pretty regularly though, or you'll lose all feeling in your legs.

• [Deleted User]MSPFree (deleted user)

It's a good cuddling position for some of us that are very tall with long arms that we can put around someone smaller. It can be a full-body hug on a chair, or partial-body on a lap while on a couch. I had one cuddler want to just have head and chest on my lap while lower body extended on the couch. You do need to move around a bit though because it can get heavy.

• edited November 2019

@Angirsonl I nominate YOU to be the forum's Office Santa this year. Then I can sit on your lap and tell you what I want for Christmas, which is for you to add a couple of modifications to your profile pic...

Just remember bro's before Ho-ho ho's.
  • [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@DonLonG has struck again! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• One of my favourite positions with my current cuddle partner is face-to-face with her sitting on my lap. It allows for both of us to have a back rub or head scritch, and is also a nice hugging position. Feels lovely and comforting.

• That sounds pretty uncomfortable.

• Mrs Santa can sit on my lap

• @Kense did you experienced or it just sounds uncomfortable to you? Was the person too heavy for you or something? Or she/ sat on your lap for too long?

• @lovelight "Was the person too heavy" or not heavy enough. I got a little lazy, and a little fluffy. I changed the way I ate and knocked out 60lbs. in 4 months. One of the side effects was sitting was a lot more uncomfortable. I lost all my natural padding and now my little Mrs. Muffett no longer had its tuffet because I stopped eating curds and whey.

• An adult sitting on my lap for a long time isn't comfortable. It's ok in short doses but any woman over 100 pounds is going to make your legs fall asleep after 20 minutes.

• @DonLonG got it. I wonder which of the two issues are more common though. Perhaps it's a whole other discussion I don't care for now. Haha.

@Kense of course, too much of anything can cause discomfort. I thought that maybe you found it altogether uncomfortable, so I wondered why.

• I think there's a way to have lap-sitting that doesn't kill your legs. You can let the person sit between your legs on the couch so their weight is not on your legs. Then you both can still wrap your arms around each other and have all the bennies of that position without the leg-crushing aspect of it.

@DonLonG why oh why are you so far away... I haven't regularly wanted to snuggle someone so much from their forum posts as you.

• [Deleted User]Angirsonl (deleted user)

Well played @DonLonG well played.

• @littermate that's sitting between your legs rather than on your lap. I like that but sitting on the lap to me has never been a comfortable thing. It's cool for a few minutes then you have to get up.

• Yah @Kense but when sitting in a nice stuffed chair it can feel practically the same only without leg-crushing. I'm totally with you on the leg crushing. <3

• That sounds nice, a nice big stuffed chair. I'm tired

• edited November 2019

Yes, it does! I will point out that this cuddling position can grow uncomfortable for the person who is being sat on. To keep that from happening, here are three of my favourite lap sitting cuddling positions!

"The Tarantino" (excerpt and image from "Touch: The Power of Human Connection" by Samantha Hess)

Start by having one person sit up leaning against a pillow. This person will then bend their knees with their feet flat. The second person comes in near their feet and sits below their knees (the first personโ€™s legs go to the sides). Bring the second personโ€™s feet to rest on the chest of the other, and arms can rest on top of their knees.

Personal Notes: This is wonderful for chatting face to face with your parnter. If you enjoy literature, have your partner read to you while you rub their feet.

"Mama Bear/Papa Bear/Baby Bear"

Start by having one person in a seated postion, legs apart. The second person will sit themselves in the space created for them and lean back to rest their head and torso on the Bear.

Personal Notes: If you're the papa bear/mama bear, use this poistion to play with the baby bear's hair/give them a scalp massage. Caressing their arms, shoulders and holding their hand are also ideal for this. I encourage baby bears to suggest their partner rest their head on the baby bear's shoulder so the baby bear can give head scratches and arm scratches if the papa bear/mama bear.

"Yab Yum" or "Lotus"

Start by having one person sit cross-legged. The second person wil sit on top of the first person's crossed legs and embrace them around the waist wit their legs.

Personal Notes: A sitting variation of my personal favourite cuddling position. This position is great for tight, squishy hugs and simultaneous caressing of the back and hair.

Hope this helps! Happy cuddling!

• @CuddlyAce Where are you finding these pics? I'd love an online reference with pics - would be a great way to communicate likes/dislikes in advance to a potential cuddle buddy. Thanks.

• edited November 2019

I've collected these over the months I've been cuddling by Googling cuddling positions and reading blogs on the topic. I'm also subscribed to Jean Franzblau's "Cuddle Sanctuary" blog. This is an excellent source of information, @littermate! I'd also suggest reading "The Book of Cuddles" by Yoni Alkan, "Touch: The Power of Human Connection" by Samantha Hess and "The Cuddle Sutra: An Unabashed Celebration Into the Ultimate Inctimacy" by Rob Grader

• Thank you @CuddlyAce and thanks for sharing your experiences. Sorry you had a challenging one or two. :(

• @AceofCuddles Thank you for the insight. I just had a client ask me if he could sit on my lap. I told him I was uncomfortable because I thought he was being inappropriate. I see that I was mistaken. Thanks again !!!

• No sitting or being sat on for me. Freedom of movement, please. Some of @AceofCuddles' entwined poses look ok, but I want to be able to feel my legs (and vice versa for my cuddle partner).

• lol Sideon, i had a pro session recently, and we did that last picture, that hugging, with her sitting on me and it was wonderful, but after a while, damn, that hurt, lol and was very uncomfortable. I loved the hugs and closeness, but my body and especially my legs/hips didnt appreciate it that much :-)