How likely are you to express your physical discomfort while cuddling:

edited November 2019 in General

I heard around that (generally) if a man's hand falls asleep while cuddling, he's likely to not do anything about it. Not sure why, I just heard that. I think maybe that is in part because many men want/are expected to act tough like 24/7, 365 days a year, and show no weakness.

Do you (men, or women) have a difficulty with letting your cuddle partner know of your physical discomfort?

With my limited cuddle experience, I'd say I've little to no issue voicing physical discomfort. Maybe I'll toughen up for a minute or two, though I'd voice it, or just change position. Sometimes I also notice when someone is acting tough, hence I call them out on it: in a calm and collected manner of course. Or I keep going with whatever for a bit more before I suggest a break and whatnot.

Comments

• If you drink Red Bull before a session your hand or arm will not fall asleep. This is an accepted marketing fact.

• This could be an interesting discussion.
    I will ask for a position change at level 2 if they are awake, but wait until level 4-6 if they are asleep.

I think my last cuddle experience might shed some light on my answer. This woman and I spent all night talking. It started off with my head on her stomach/lap, but after she kicked out the dog that kept trying to violate the TOS with my leg, we were able to get closer. She eventually fell asleep with her head on my chest/shoulder and my arm supporting under her head.

About 20 minutes after she fell asleep, my shoulder started to ache. I didn't wake her because she looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb her. People toss and turn several times throughout the night, I could wait until she naturally moved and then pull my arm out. Some 3 hours later and she hadn't moved an inch and I was finally about a 6 on the scale, so I had to wake her up to get her to move. Still wasn't as painful as what that dog did to my pride.

• edited November 2019

@FunCartel no, "RedBull gives you WINGS." So I'll just fly away. I didn't hear about it giving extra* strength.

@DonLonG those are good points!

• I found myself naturally occasionally checking in with my male cuddle partner to make sure that he was taking care of himself, knowing that some guys (as well as women) will power through stuff or not acknowledge needs. I will also wait until about a 6 to move if someone really looks surrendered and cozy.

• Depends on how many I am feeling

• From what I can remember I tended to just let whatever part of my body be laid on until it was totally numb sometimes... hahaha, I know that’s not a good thing probably but I just get too comfy to when I cuddle to really notice sometimes, besides I kind of put my own arm under my head when I sleep anyways so I’m kinda used to it.

• edited November 2019

How and when I would communicate discomfort while cuddling may be influenced by my level of rapport and familiarity with my cuddle partner. I've had a few fall asleep on my chest. I did attempt to move to relieve the discomfort after a bit, but it felt so good that I stuck it out till they awoke. Fortunately it was only about 30 minutes in each case. 😊 When we are both awake though I encourage regular shifting of position so as to make it more interesting as well as to avoid discomfort.

• I have found that I will accept some discomfort if the position is nice and smooshy, so long as it's worth it.

Checking in with your cuddle partner is an excellent thing to do, littermate.

• Thanks @JasonCuddles . We gotta take care of each other. <3

• I don’t think I’d let myself go to a 4, i can’t recall a time I’ve powered through a part of my body loosing life. That seems irresponsible to me, things fall off.

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

I try to check in with my cuddle partner to ask if they are comfy and try to change positions about every 20-30 minutes so both parties get to experience their faves. :)

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

If the rest of me's comfy, sometimes I won't even notice that one (or more) of my limbs is going dead. I sure notice when the feeling starts coming back, though!

But if I notice, you can bet I'll be telling my buddy what's up and changing position. I like my body parts alive.