FOR FUN: Help Rescues with Your Creative Cuddle Sayings!

[Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)
edited November 2019 in General

The animal welfare organization where I work is starting rescue dog sleepovers. Basically you can take a rescue dog overnight or over a weekend for a little R&R. It's great to give the dogs some respite time out of the shelter to decompress and to learn how they act in a home, and it's a great "trial" for families who are considering adoption. It's also great for college students or others who cannot have a pet for various reasons but are able to enjoy a pup for a few days.

We are working on the marketing campaign, and I HAD to add a cuddle option (see photo one!). I wanted to share and see if anyone else had any clever ideas for "slogans" or marketing. Again, click on the links below to see the ideas we have so far. Thanks in advance for helping rescues find some cuddles, love and, possibly, a home!

(https://i.imgur.com/sQjq0Za.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/9gas0cE.jpg)

Comments

• If I were the adopt-er,I would be cautious , a rescue animal may have been abused , you may have to tolerate barking and growling from an abused dog , a college student may have their hands full with the animal

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

@cuddlerforu24 not an issue. Isn't our first rodeo--we vet people and would never send out a rescue who showed any signs of behavioral issues.

• @2dogmom I'd be tempted to tweak that 2nd one to:

Wet licks and chill

But to be honest, I'm just hoping @DonLonG joins this thread.... :lol:

• edited November 2019

ZOMG! That dog is sooo cute. I'd love him with all my butt. I would say heart, but my butt is bigger.

I just had a mini joygasm thinking of the potential for this thread. But I just got a call last night with a job offer and they need me to get fingerprinted, collect 3 signed letters of referral, I gotta go through my storage to find my diploma, and just tons of paperwork by 1pm tomorrow. So I'm going to be busy in and out all day. I'm going to be distracted with ideas while I'm driving around town, and I hope I can still remember them by the time I get home, but I definitely want to contribute something.

Lol @sjb1973 I like that.

This reminds me of a clan I used to be in with a game called World of Tanks. I was a recruiter for a while, then I got promoted to a Sr. position the Personnel Officer. I made a thread on the recruitment forum advertising the clan and bumped it up daily to keep it at the top of the forum everyday for almost a year, each day with a new original advertisement or slogan.

My name in the game was VexAngel. I'm going to have to go back through it and maybe get some inspiration for this thread. You can read it here. It is filled with in-game slang and terminology so some of it might not make sense. And it seems photobucket, where the images are stored, blurred out a lot of my photoshops and added a big watermark on them since that last time I been here.

• edited November 2019

• Keep the titles and have a little thought cloud (whatever they are called) coming from the dog saying...

We are not Cardiologists,
    But we have healed broken hearts

• We are not carpenters,
    But we help build homes

• Maybe we aren't Superman,
    But we rescue people

@sjb1973 I LOVE THAT! And, yes, I was waiting for @DonLonG too...

And @DonLonG did not disappoint... lol... I am counting on you my magical unicorn. :)

@snuggleme123 I LOVE all those ideas--not for this campaign, but another....

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

In the spirit of the multiple complaints on this site, how about
    " Would you like a happy ending?"
    "Take home a companion for the weekend who will tell none of your secrets, and you could both end up with a happy ending. And a bigger family!"

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)
    • Disclaimer: I have been working in an air tight room with oil-based primer and LP gas heat. Fumes are fun!

How about " Hitch the B****"
    "Have you ever wanted you own b**** around the house that you could train to fetch things, would always look up to you, and would never talk back? (And of course- heavy petting is always welcome.) Try one of ours for the weekend and you could be well on your way to a permanent home for a b**** who will worship the ground you walk on! (And because we are judgement free, stud dogs are available, too!)"

edited November 2019

@creedhands those are funny but sadly we are in a small minded conservative town with asshats who’d croak if we did ads like those.

• edited November 2019

I live in a small minded conservative town with asshats who’d croak if we did ads like those.

@2dogmom oh, they probably wouldn't like my ideas then.

@DonLonG OMFG 😂😂😂😂😂 I. Am. CRYING. I love these all soooooo much. Come to Georgia and I’ll hire you for my marketing team!

• @DonLonG

Bowing before the king...

We're not worthy!

• edited November 2019

We're not worthy!

@snuggleme123 you're joking, I loved your ideas. I got some of my inspirations from your ingenuity.

This dogtor makes house calls!
  • edited November 2019

@DonLonG You da man. You are making me want to get PS again. My old pc with CS7 died and it has been a while since I danced in the layers but I still get the itch and some new friends are trying to get me back in photography again. I looked to see if this was still up and yep nothing on the net goes away. A small sample of my work from a day far away. https://www.modelmayhem.com/c129imaging

You def got what I visioned a dog with a stethoscope but no PS to do it. Dammit now I am going to have to give Adobe some of my money.