Just Touched Deprived

[Deleted User]Kaylaboo (deleted user)
edited September 2013 in Root
Been single all my life (which is ok) but I've never been been cuddled. I've been feeling really touch deprived lately. Although being in a relationship sounds nice I am not really ready for it. I realize now that being single has just all the freedom I need. What I need with that is occasional cuddle sessions with someone. Like cuddling while watching a movie, holding hands while going out in town, stroking each other's heads while laying in bed, and anything else that cuddling entails. I guess I want the affection that comes with a relationship without ever having one. We could be each other's main cuddle resource once very week or something. IDK lol 

I'm asexual so it's really hard to find someone to cuddle with that won't get turned on or something. And I'm homoromantic so it's even harder finding someone willing to cuddle who is also a girl. Kinda lonely. 

Comments

• Kayla, welcome to the site! I hope the search function will provide you with some of the friendship and touch you need! Hang in there. There's a lot of us here to help you out and be there for you.
  • It's not impossible.  I'm a guy and I'd like to find a guy cuddlebuddy.  I have had a couple of really good female cuddle buddies.  One gal (married) I would borrow (with hubbies permission) and we'd go out to concerts and movies.  This eventually led to some really nice cuddling for several years. It was great.  There might have been a daddy/daughter element - I was about 25 years older. 

I certainly would love to find someone new.  I have a regular SO, but something without the strings that come with constant relationships would be very welcome at times.
  • Kayla, you make single life sound so great! lol I'd also like to find a cuddle buddy, preferably female.  The whole concept sounds intriguing to me.  I'm a 31yo male btw.

• [Deleted User]kuakuakap (deleted user)
    I think we are all touch-deprived. That is why we are on here. Not everyone has a loving sex partner who is also affectionate. When I was married, my hiusband did not enjoy holding hands, cuddling or massage. It would always lead to sex for him. Now that I am divorced, I do not want to jump right into another relationship. I need time to recover. But I am feeling touch-deprived. Some people have children, pets or other family who can give them affection and hugs occasionally but I do not.
    I know there are not many people my age on here and it will probably be very difficult for me to find a cuddle buddy because of my age. Most older folks are touch-deprived because their partners, family or friends have all moved away or passed away.  Human beings need to feel the touch of other humans no matter their marital or relationship status or their age. I am thinking of starting a free group in Seattle, where I live, for would-be cuddlers of all ages who could get together for cuddles on a regular basis. Currently groups in my area meet infrequently and cost about $25. Anybody who might be interested in forming a free cuddle group in the Seattle area,, shoot me an email and we can talk about how to put this together. 
  • First post, but yeah it hurts, not just cuddling but a hug or holding hands from the person that you love. GF or BF. My girlfriend and I broke up last year and y'know your so used to holding someone and then now you lay in bed alone. 
  • [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

This thread is over 6 years old but still resonates with me. I doubt I'll find a regular cuddle buddy who can also be a platonic friend. I'm way too self driven and independent for that. I've adapted so much to being single I'm very comfortable hugging and cuddling with myself. I mostly just enjoy being on these forums perusing through these discussion threads. I aim as much as possible to not need human company. If I have it nice. If not great. Life goes on.

• The title of this thread caught my eye. I’ve been feeling that way for coming on two decades. I am married with teenagers, and my wife and I haven’t really been physical for a long time for various reasons. I am a loyal person and have never cheated on our marriage, but I’ve been going crazy for touch. Massages are nice but just don’t cut it. I heard about platonic cuddling from our sex therapist and two weeks later, I enjoyed my first cuddle session with this wonderful pro. It was pure heaven. Now, I think that maybe my wife hasn’t been into cuddling because I was always turned on and gone right to trying to be sexual which never worked. Maybe it’s just platonic touch that she and I both want? Anyway, that’s what I am going to try out moving forward. Maybe this is TMI, but, I swear, I wish I knew about you all ten years ago. Crying myself to sleep just plain sucks.