Sick of unreliable people

Why can't a guy stick to his word on time and date? I make arrangements to be in a session and dude never even has decency to tell me he wants to cancel it's wrong. I feel the non pro cuddlers need to fork over the percentage not us pros. Frustrated

Comments

• Yes that sucks. I am sorry you are experiencing this. And yes, i dont blame you for being frustrated. I have read other threads about this, and this unfortunately is common, or more common than you would like.

Too bad people cannot stick to their words or have integrity. 100 % the dude should have had more decency, unless something really unexpected came up and he couldnt contact you. Otherwise, yes, it is flat out wrong and indecent. You do have the pay the price for it now, but stay positive, and know in the long run you still have a good job you like and you love cuddling and helping people. Focus on the positives and long term of this, rather than the short term frustration and small price, percentage to pay for some peoples lack of integrity.

• I have had so many time wasters here that I'm about to require a deposit going forward

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Both guys and girls can't always be replied upon.

I hear endless stories from friends about pros who are unreliable.

Why on Earth would non-pros fork over a percentage to pros?

100% of $0 is $0.

• BTW, unless i am wrong, from what i read, if a client doesnt cancel within 12 hours of appointment, they are supposed to pay 50 % of session fee. So they are held accountable, unless i am missing something?

• edited December 2019

@dharma1257 You're right technically however the reality is you almost never get the cancellation fee because there is no way the site can make the would be client pay the fee because enthusiasts aren't required to have a credit card on file, just the pros. I've had 2 out of over a hundred plus actually honor their commitment n pay the fee. It's especially bad when you've paid for a room and they cancel last minute allowing no time to book someone in their place.

• @MissX thank you for clarifying this. I am new here and have not seen anybody yet, so still learning the site and how this pro cuddling works. I was just looking it up on the site but yes, i get your point and also get why the original poster was frustrated.

I feel for you ladies in this regard and agree it sucks when clients flake out or ghost or cancel.

I dont want to turn this into another discussion, but i have read a lot in the forum, and know it goes both ways too. Sometimes clients are misled or cancelled on or ghosted on by pros on here, and there is nothing or not much they can do too. And sometimes they booked hotel rooms too. It is all unfortunate aspect of this business it seems.

In a ideal world, everyone would just honor their agreements and be honest and sincere, and integrous, and do the right thing. But in reality, as you say above, that is not how it is unfortunately.

• [Deleted User]Ineedcuddles55 (deleted user)

You can fix the issue. You can do it like the restaurants and doctors offices. If they truly want a cuddle session, they must give you a credit card number, be told that a late or missed appointment will cost them a flat $40.00. This will do 2 things for you: weed out the "tire kickers" or people who are not really serious, and it will pay you for the time and expense of waiting for them. Most people who will want the cuddle session will show or pay the money. If they are late or miss an appointment more than 3 times - within say a six month period, they are then told that you will no longer provide your professional services to them.

This approach let's them know this a service that they have to pay for. Period. If you put that out there right from the beginning, you will get more structured and paying clientele who will not only show up but also respect your time.

• @Ineedcuddles55 That would fix it to where no one would cuddle with her. I am sorry, but I am not giving my CC info to a stranger. Anyone who does is foolish. You could have it sold down the river and you wouldn’t know it until possibly months later.

• edited December 2019

@Ineedcuddles55 Pro cuddlers are not restaurants, nor are they doctors offices employed with people who agree to confidentiality and privacy policies (which are often in tandem with the law) when they start working at a specific place. It's potentially risky because pro cuddlers here don't go through background checks. Site management likely does not have the resources nor the time to do so. For that reason, giving your credit card number to a pro so they can charge fees directly to you is akin to walking into the sidewalk and saying "here ya go" to the first person who walks by. You never know what a person's intent is or what will be done with that info. I'm with @FunCartel, a "credit card policy" will shut a pro's prospects down quick. OP, please don't take that advice.

A better solution for OP would be to assume that of the people who attempt to book, only 10% (being generous here) will ever be serious and actually interested in the service for what it is, and not what they think it's going to be. When you come into professional cuddling, it can be pretty disillusioning to see the busy profiles of other pros with glowing karma, and think that the big lineup you're getting in turn will actually be able to come past the front door. When pros who are just starting out are able to let go of that expectation, they can avoid disappointment as well as burnout with a lot more ease.

• I use Square invoices to accept deposits. I would never take someone's credit card number directly. Definitely a BAD idea. Especially considering there are so many secure methods for receiving payments. What's the need?