Weekend

How was everyone’s weekend?

Comments

• Fantastic! Began with the first of three non-pro cuddle sessions this week.

• edited December 2019

Awesome! A fantabulous snuggle on Friday night and yesterday I got to watch a hawk attack a pigeon on my porch.

• Did the pigeon repel the attack with a Shotokan karate move?

Or did he go all Pikachu on his buttocks!

• I work four ten hour days, so I have a three-day weekend. On the downside, on Friday I have to do all the things I don't have time for on Monday thru Thursday.

• @snuggleme123 unfortunately pigeon was 100% uke and didn't survive the match.

• @littermate
    I bet it was eggciting. Were you egging the hawk on ? I'd have raided my nest egg to shell out for some tickets.

• No @geoff1000 I was doing no egging. I saw the attack out of the corner of my eye and then hawk saw me and chilled for a while in a nearby tree. Pigeon was stunned. I had to leave so didn't see pigeon's demise but hawk was quite focused and when I returned, no pigeon.

Nature - there's no arguing with Her.

• The pigeon’s entrails are eaten first. The blood is like a red sauce dripping. Saw it on National Geographic.

• All this talk about birds egging on a fight reminds me of a video I saw like 10 years ago.

• @DonLonG My eyes are tearing from laughter. Soundtrack was spot on. I can hear the cat thinking "damn these birds, Im getting my ass kicked and being annoyed with pecks at my tail!"

• @DonLonG truly epic.
    Can you teach me how to do the spoiler thing? I want to post a pigeon picture that has blood. I think it deserves a spoiler button so I can warn the queasy.

• edited December 2019

I can hear the cat thinking "damn these birds, Im getting my ass kicked and being annoyed with pecks at my tail!"

@snuggleme123 Every time I have seen that video, I like to think that the black cat is disappointed with how the white cat lets the birds push him around and he doesn't do anything about it. The white kitty is an embarrassment to all felines, reinforcing the stereotype that white cats can't jump and the black cat has to beat him up for being such a pussy.

@littermate You can type out this ">! " (greater than symbol, exclamation mark, space) in front of what you want hidden, or you can have the forums type it for you by doing the following.

imageYou can click the Preview button
    to test it before posting.
  • edited December 2019

Awesome!

Warning! Not for the squeamish!

• So @Drop_the_Mike I need to make a correction. I had three different non-pros lined up this week. So far two have followed through, but the third cancelled for tomorrow night. Still good though and at least she let me know with 24 hour notice.

• @FunCartel
    I feel a Meat Loaf song coming on.

A man went back to a seafood restaurant to complain.
    "You told me that oysters were an aphrodisiac, but I ate a dozen yesterday evening, and only half of them worked."