Possibilities of love

How possible is it for one to catch feelings ?

Comments

• @pmvines she could be referring to a client catching feelings for her .... But to answer the question I imagine it's not hard for some people. Being in such an intimate setting with another person.

• It’s not possible. Never. This happens to nobody. Everybody will have this same answer. Case closed.

• I’m sorry. Seems people are being harsh.

I think to be a cuddler you’d have to feel some level of love for people. Without that you’d be a pretty cold cuddler. Then there’s romantic love... um why not? People meet people at work all the time and have love relationships. I say take it slow, but if the cards are hot, play em!

Then there’s empath love. If you are an empath be careful of who’s love you’re feeling. Is it yours, or your partners’. Meditate on it and go with your gut. If you listen to your body it will tell you.

Hope this helps.

• edited December 2019

Perhaps if the question had context the responses might seem less harsh...Hard to know what you are answering with a question framed this way. When someone joins as a pro and starts a thread about finding love and catching feelings it is helpful to know what the context and purpose of the question is. Not meant to be harsh or unwelcoming.

• @pmvines I agree context would be helpful but I don't see what she charges as being relevant to the question she posed. And to be honest I find your 1st response being a little rude without having said context.

• @empathflower
    "catch" as in 'understand' , or as in 'be mutually affected by' ?
    If I have a disease, I want my doctor to understand it, without succumbing to it. I also probably want them to have a true appreciation of the way the symptoms are affecting me, unlike a diagnosis-bot which is working off a set of symptoms.
    The actor Christian Bale is famous for becoming angry when people spoil his scene, because it is emotional hard work. I guess a pro-cuddler is the same, there must be some emotional connection, but not too much.
    I'm reminded of the police officers who trawl through abuse videos looking for clues and evidence to convict the evil-doers, they need enough emotional connection to recognise what is wrong, but too much would be overwhelming.

• Very possible. But healthy, happy relationships should entail common interests, social integration and a state of comfort and contentment. The three most common areas of disolution are sex, money and kids. These things take years to develope an understanding of especially because people tend to hide stuff that's not so great up front. So catching feellings over a cuddle... yeah. But if you catch feelings or your cuddle partner does, those feelings need to see the light of day. If not, it may be just a very emotional cuddle.

• Okay, everyone, I’m back with a serious response. I’ve done a great deal of research into this matter, and I have concluded the following:

For some people, it’s possible they will feel romantic things for their cuddle partner.

However, it’s also possible that some people will not develop feelings for their cuddle partner.

Some will. Some won’t. It depends, largely, on the person in question.

I hope this was illuminating.

• @hogboblin
    Some people develop feelings for their pet, home, car or other inanimate object.
    Just last week, my wristwatch said it was becoming very attached to me. Maybe I should look at other time-pieces every so often, to help maintain our platonic boundaries.

• @hugonehugall I actually do agree with you that my original post is a bit aggressive and have decided to change that. I have flagged it for removal as I don't feel it adds to fhe topic. I also removed how much she charges from the other post as it doesn't really add to the point .

• I apologize for not being clear with how I asked lol I was sleepy at the time. I do agree with everyone. I also see everyone’s perspective ☺️ I’m very empathic and understanding ☺️ Thank you so much for all the feedback. So appreciated ❤️