Funny story

Once my friend took me through a McDonald's drive through. I was sitting in the back seat of his car on the passenger side. To make transacting easier, my friend decided to drive-in with his car tail first. Most of the crew members were laughing and some were puzzled. There was one person, presumably the manager as he wasn't wearing the standard uniform, who almost looked horrified and mumbled something about coming in the other way. I guess he thought we entered the wrong way. I finally did receive my order without any hassles. Pretty sure it made the day more exciting for everybody involved.

Is there a funny incident that has occurred with you and you would like to share it? Share as many as you'd like.

Comments

• I worked in a chocolate factory in Ontario and I was a supervisor. I had a new guy on my team and I asked for his name. He said his name is “Deepshet”. I asked if he had a nickname I could call him and he said “For respect, please say my name as it is”. Oh boy... every time I had to yell for him across the room, I was so scared I would get taken into HR LOL

• I was once in the supermarket check-out line with two people in front of me. The person in front of me was a man and the person being served was an androgynous looking person, but more mannish looking than feminine. When the person being served left, they dropped their wallet/purse on the floor and the man in front of me shouted "Sir, you dropped your wallet". The person came back picked it up and said "Thank you, but I am a woman".

• edited December 2019

MOD: Post removed due to content [reurbo] </ins

• @UKGuy That's why I remain gender neutral in my responses when I'm not sure of a person's gender indentity, very much like you did in explaining your story. I applaud that woman for setting the record straight despite others who may have found that situation to be funny.

• A couple years ago, my mum bought a mini trampoline for me. Ever since she bought it, she has been asking me when I used it. (to encourage me to get fit)

This was our conversation one fine day:

Mum: "Did you use the trampoline?"
    Me: "Yes! For 8 hours....!"
    Mum: "Really?! That's great!"
    Me: "..........sleeping on it!"

My brother and I rolled on the floor laughing lol. There's even a picture of me sleeping on the trampoline. I was curled up like a fetus in the womb.

• Not sure if this will translate, as some of what was funny was the timing and knowing my mother and her general introverted chagrin at having a daughter like me, but I'll give it a try.

I am a boisterously vocal human and I say and sing silly nonsense things, and frequently make up words. One morning as an early teen I entered the kitchen, looked at my sister, and shout-growled a nonsense word quite loudly at her: "Hornaaa!!" (It somewhat rivaled a Chewbacca howl).

Behind me, unbeknownst to me, my mother had been pouring herself orange juice. She said in an annoyed tone, "Pour your own damn orange juice!"

• @DonLong hahaha, i knew someone was going to play the horny card. Glad it was you because when you play a card, you really play it you silly goose. <3

• edited December 2019

One evening I left a cuddlers apt and walked to the parking lot , and two women approached me and introduced themselves as Sister Theresa and Sister Joann. They gave me religious pamphlets and we talked for awhile . They said that I must be Episcopalian, I said no , I’m Equestrian. “What?” They said . I replied that I like to horse around in church . So , I had to get going and the two nuns asked me if anyone in the apartment complex needed religion . ( Lol). I said that the young lady in apt 22c ( I gave them the cuddlers apt #) has young men coming and going all the time . There’s an exchange of money at the door, then They go in for an hour or two , then leave . She must be sinning with these young men . OMG , they said to one another sister Theresa says to sister Joann,we have to talk to her about that .

• @cuddlerforu24 : You outed your cuddler?

• edited December 2019

They would have knocked on her door anyway
    No , I would not say I “outed” the cuddler.

• I have been quietly wishing this thread would disappear. But I also feel my silence could be interpreted as agreement with what is being said and a pair of these “jokes” are real stinkers, imo.

• Ha Ha, a woman didn’t look the way women are ‘supposed’ to look?
    • Ha Ha, a cuddler could be mistaken for a sex-worker?
      Sheesh.
      I’m prepared for the flood of ”lighten up” comments. Before you send one, believe me; I’ve thought about it. Sometimes jokes ’are‘ harmless.
      And sometimes they aren’t. Women who are perceived as promiscuous and individuals who challenge gender norms are targets of violence. Please reconsider.
  • @HoldenCaulfield Bravo for speaking up. Thank you. Don't lighten up. Your voice (and the heart it expressed) is important.

• edited December 2019

@HoldenCaulfield , Where did I say the cuddler was a possible sex worker . I could have meant she is dealing drugs .
    It’s conceivable my ..”ha ha” can do more good than harm , imagine , the nuns Actually telling the resident that she was observed conducting transactions at her doorstep .. etc . She could realiEze that she should be more discreet , ie stop hosting , and instead be strictly guest .
    Do you disagree ?