Disappointed

[Deleted User]MeAndWe (deleted user)

Because I blew my chance for a cuddle session. But what can I do about it? Nothing! Just continue to be patient. Have this ever happened to you?

Comments

• "blew my chance"
    Do you want to share more ?

I have sometimes been told that I missed a chance, because a girl was just "waiting to be asked" ; but I also have experience of being told this, so I ask, and then get rejected.

• [Deleted User]MeAndWe (deleted user)

@geoff1000 I was quite rude after she messaged me. I simply made a request not to smoke in front of me while cuddling.

• Why would someone feel the need to smoke while cuddling? Did this escalate from a simple request into something more heated after words were exchanged? Or was the request kind out of the blue? Sometimes that can trigger someone.

• @MemberofLDS that’s a reasonable request, you didn’t blow it. I have probably blown chances by cancellation in a good amount of time but it’s still flaky to cancel. It’s hard for me to schedule the way my life is set up. I feel like a schmuck rescheduling after i cancel.

• I also enjoy a cigar to relax, but wouldn’t partake on my way to a cuddle.

• [Deleted User]Suthernmike (deleted user)

@MemberofLDS from what you wrote it doesn’t sound like you blew your chance. If you can’t be honest to someone about not wanting them to smoke in the session then it probably was not a good fit. Do you feel like you was rude to her about the smoking or you should have said it another way?

• [Deleted User]EdoubleN18sngl (deleted user)

From a smokers point of view I can’t even see how YOU “blew it with her”. She should be respectful enough of you to honor that request. It sounds like she’s not quite going at this the correct way. If it’s an all day cuddle I could understand needing that break but if it’s only a few hours it shouldn’t be a big deal.

• @MemberofLDS
    Did you make this request in messaging before the first meet ?
    If so, meaning that is a big deal for you, you probably should have filtered smokers out of your search.

• [Deleted User]MeAndWe (deleted user)

I simply read "420" on her profile after she messaged me, and I simply requested not to smoke so we got in a bit of an argument. I think that's why I blew my chance.

• @MemberofLDS - you did not 'blow your chance', you just eliminated a person who was unsuitable for you. Think yourself lucky you determined this before you met.

• Maybe you learned something about yourself that could be useful next time. You'd prefer not to smoke, but if it meant not cuddling, you'd be into it. A good thing to know for the future.

• I have severe asthma with COPD. I absolutely cannot be around smokers which I have in my profile. I don't see how you blew it. For many of us, smoking is a non-negotiable deal breaker. If she can't respect that then that's her problem, not yours. You asked her not to smoke around you. I don't want anyone around me who smokes at all.

• @MemberofLDS Sounds to me like they blew their chance, not you. If someone can’t refrain from 420 to cuddle they probably weren’t your best bet to cuddle with.

• Dude, you didn't "blow" your chances. This desperation of some men here is appalling.

• So the thread title should be "Avoided a Disappointment". 😀

• Wow this was a 420 issue? I think she has some nerve getting offended by that request, especially if it’s still illegal where you are. But i think someone smelling like cigarette smoke is something i wouldn’t want to cuddle up to either. Don’t feel bad about having boundaries.

• @BashfulLoner I agree.

I discuss smoking with my potentials and if someone shows up smelling like smoke, I won’t cuddle.