Free Safety Webinar Sunday 26 January 2020 7pm EST

An very experienced professional cuddler is providing a free webinar tonight about screening potential cuddlers and overall safety for cuddling. It is geared toward educating other pros but I think everyone could benefit so I’m posting the link below.

I’m not affiliated with her, but I have cuddled with her and she is a great person. I found out about it from her Facebook announcement. She also has a profile here on cuddlecomfort.

https://bit.ly/2NZKVhD

Comments

• Thanks for that @MrPaul!

@SnugglewithSam is certainly an experienced professional and has great things to say.

• Passed it on to three friends

• That was cool -- thank you @SnugglewithSam.

The focus was on having a 15 minute phone call with new clients. A few things that stood out:

The word "platonic" can be ambiguous (some people somehow think it can still involve something sexual); Sam prefers to use the word "therapeutic".

She would also rather personalize her responses by saying "That's not something I would be comfortable with" rather institutionalize by saying "That would be against the rules".

People may need help asking questions. It's a lot to expect them to know exactly what to ask.

Name things you notice to clarify what they are thinking. One person was being sarcastic about the whole idea of cuddling, and when she brought that up he changed his tone and became much more vulnerable. Many statements can be ambiguous until you clarify them -- "What will you wear?" could be a sexually oriented request, or an innocent question about how things work.

Reacting too aggressively when someone makes an ambiguous statement might damage them (and drive away a potentially ideal client); get more information.

• @SnugglewithSam
    Thanks for providing the webinar tonight. It was clear, helpful and well organized. Although I am an enthusiast cuddler, it is valuable to me to increase my understanding of the professional cuddling world.

It is good that you are taking the initiative to develop your platform and establish education for cuddlers. Through your work, and the efforts of websites like cuddlecomfort, cuddling may eventually become more understood and accepted in mainstream culture.