Would anybody like a cuddle from me?

[Deleted User]Joss (deleted user)

I just found this site, I feel very daft for putting myself out here like this but I recognise that I'm very cuddle deprived, it's been many years since I had a cuddle, and it would be really beneficial for me to give and receive some platonic affection. So before I change my mind and run away and be reclusive again, would anyone like a cuddle? :) And more importantly is anyone local to Wolverhampton here that would be interested?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

@Joss. Congrats on standing up to your reservations about sharing your self intimately as in a cuddle.

You sound like close physical contact is important to you. And you are looking for some meaningful platonic connection. One in which you can receive and give comfortably and freely.

You also seem to be saying that you feel awkward and foolish. Putting yourself and needs our there for others to scrutinize is hard on you emotionally. So in order to avoid being hurt or embarrassed you find safety in withdrawal and reclusion. You also sound like you're saying that you value connection with others and that you feel you are shortchanging your needs by constantly withdrawing.

And you're hoping this site helps you to pull yourself out of that tendency to withdraw from potential connection whenever you feel your personal comfort boundaries threatened. So you often change your mind. And you feel uncomfortable with that.
    Did I get that right,?

Welcome to the site. And keep being open and honest about your feelings and needs. It's very endearing. Eventually you'll find the right person who appreciate your needs and can help you honor them.

You might also want to work more with professionals to give you the feeling of safety you're looking for.

Best wishes.