Kobe Bryant- RIP

edited January 2020 in General

Prayers for his family.
#8 #24 KB. RIP

Comments

• [Deleted User]MeAndWe (deleted user)

It is shocking.

• [Deleted User]Cuddl3bbw (deleted user)

RIP Kobe :(

• [Deleted User]Deltron2000 (deleted user)

Things like that make you think about life a little.

• It’s really sad, my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

• edited January 2020

@PeopleLikeUs - That article neglects an awful lot of details in that case. The way I remember, even the prosecutors refused to try the criminal charges. I'm not passing judgement on what actually happened, but that article seems far from objective.

• @PeopleLikeUs really ? ... Of all things to bring up on this day is that ??

• @hugonehugall yeah, this is very heartbreaking but in my opinion, this is the perfect day for this.

• There were nine people who died, not just one . Its sad any time somebody dies . The death of a celebrity is no more tragic than the death of the r eight others in that helicopter.

• Every time someone expresses their feelings about their sadness over kobe someone has to start a debate that was already debated to death over 10 years ago.

• Such a tragedy that this happened. I respect everyone at the Grammys for acknowledging it. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in that crash and their families. Anyone who has a family should take the time to tell their loved ones how much they love and appreciate them because you never know how much time we have.

• @PeopleLikeUs why ?? The charges were dismissed. But more than that why not honor his memory by focusing on all he did as a player , a father , a businessman & a humanitarian. That's how people will remember him. That's how people should remember him.
    @pmvines I understand the point you're trying to make but there was only one Kobe Bryant on that helicopter.

• @hugonehugall Yes, it's very sad for everyone that loved ones died in that crash. But it’s disturbing to me that so many people celebrate this man and call him a legend. He was a great basketball player but a shitty person and it sickens me that just because he was talented that his actions outside of that don’t seem to matter to people.

• Was he more 'shittier' than anyone else ?

• @PeopleLikeUs yes he was a legend his accolades speak for themselves. So how exactly was he a shitty person ?? Was he perfect ? No. .. No one is. Last time I checked you're still innocent till proven guilty in a court of law in this country. So if the only evidence you have is what " supposedly " happened in Colorado 17 years ago you need to try again.

• @hugonehugall I have read his and the victims statements and have read the police reports of all the physical evidence found. So yes, I believe the victim. I will always stand up for what I believe in even if I am standing alone. There was an out of court undisclosed settlement in the civil case in exchange for dropping the criminal charges.

• @PeopleLikeUs that was unnecessary, i think popular opinion is he was innocent of that crime. If you disagree that’s fine, but no need to bring it up today. 9 people died, 2 children and a famous athlete. People are drawn to athletes because they see them so much. And get invested in their life and history. Let people feel, shitty people die everyday and someone is going to mourn the loss. No need for you to try and soil people thoughts of a person who died tragically.

• I agree with @pmvines, every untimely death is tragic, not just famous people.

• There were 9 deaths and the only public prayers I hear are for the death of 1. Nothing to do with my opinion of celebrity culture , just bothers me that everyone else seems forgotten in his shadow

• @Peoplelikeus, you're talking about him being a shitty person like you knew him personally. Your post is garbage.

• Actually his 13 year old daughter also died with him and an entire family and everybody is talking about them as well so not sure where you're only seeing it being Kobe being mourned.

• Not sure why its confusing that people are more focused on the loss of Kobe than the others. Most of us knew nothing about the others. Kobe is a sports icon. The city of los angeles is in mourning. Thousands are showing up at staples center to pay their respects.
    Why be upset about that ? Its normal in our society.

• edited January 2020

I hope when the perfect people, or those that think they are perfect in this forum don’t have everything in life they did negative brought up in remembrance of them when they pass. There always has to be one to bring negativity to a thread.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all 9 family members that lost a loved one.

• Reading victims statement, reading the accused's statement as if those are proofs is naive. Most are retold versions, provided by a reporter, broken into pieces by an Editor and untested in court. No cross examination and no supporting evidence.

Posting a libelous opinion piece, after the target is dead, is simply classless @PeopleLikeUs

• Maybe this thread should be closed.

• edited January 2020

My prayers are with the Bryant family on losing Kobe and his daughter and of course the others. Unfortunately, there people right now on social media who are saying very bad things about Kobe like he deserved to die and they are glad he is gone. Kobe was no saint early on (he was very young when that success came as fast as it did to cheat with other women). However, he has matured and was present in his daughters' lives for a brief time he lived. I do hope those daughters will be fine

• @soloforever. People are showing at the high school Kobe played and started his mark.

• Thanks @PeopleLikeUs for standing up for what you sense is right despite the opinions of others. If he did rape her as she described and as her injuries reflect, to have the heroic side of one's rapist celebrated after that while the side that harmed you go utterly unmentioned would be chilling. I think that's what you're trying to say.