Dancing with myself...uh oh!

edited January 2020 in General

Hi Friends!!

I'm Ace from Denver, CO. I'm a new guy in Cuddletown. I'm a proud self proclaimed dork! I've been checking out this website for quite a while and I finally found the courage to create a profile. I struggle with social anxiety, lack of confidence, trust issues....etc but I'm proactively working on improving my situation! I've already scheduled a session with a pro Cuddler and I'm super stoked!!

There is no doubt that we live in a majorly touch deprived and oxytocin deficient society. A few years ago, I was at the mall, and a group of people with "FREE HUGS" signs walked up to me and kindly offered free hugs. I gladly accepted hugs from each person in their group... and let me tell ya, it was at that moment that I realized how oxytocin depleted I had been that day! I felt alive and rejuvenated! I felt loved! I felt important! It literally brought tears of joy to my eyes! I do get hugs from my little family and occasionally from friends when I have time and get the rare opportunity to hang out, so I'm not completely deprived of touch... but I will say that I'm addicted to hugs! Just can't get too many hugs. And I know hugs can make the world a better place. Although I don't have a lot of free time to actually meet people, it's nice to support one another, even if it's online.

I thank the creators of this website and similar sites for creating and offering a place where people can seek meaningful connection and friendship with others. Facebook has become cold and bitter Anti-Social media... so it's nice to be in an environment where we all have similar positive goals in mind.

Cuddle therapy is so REAL and it is powerful! I feel that the cuddle community is still relatively small and found only in random localities but has the potential to flourish! There are so many people in this world that can benefit... and take what they learn out into their daily lives. I know it can be scary out there because some people actually behave like disgusting abusive creeps and cause trauma and trust issues... and to those negative people I say, DON'T BE YOURSELF! ....instead, BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF.... Be Excellent!

So, anyway, I wanted to throw out some ideas on how we can help to grow the online cuddle community and make it a fun, safe, approachable thriving environment and spread the love and create a flourishing and burgeoning cuddle scene! Cuddletopia!!!

I probably just need to be more patient... after all I am brand new here.. but I've sent many friend requests, but only 4 people have accepted. I've sent a few friendly messages and did not receive too many replies. It's not like I'm sending wedding proposals! And friendship online doesn't obligate you to meet in real life... and you can always unfriend. I just want to connect with locals and get to know where other people are at emotionally. And honestly there's not really a lot of people locally to even connect with... most profiles have been abandoned. It would be sad to see this great concept fade away due to lack of participation. I've noticed that not many people have many friends in their friends list. It's like we're all at a party dancing in our own corner by ourselves.

As we all know, positive human interaction contributes to oxytocin. Whether it's a hello, a smile, a high five, or a simple head nod... We feel noticed, validated and we get a dose of oxytocin. Smiles are contagious, laughter is medicine. A smile begins on your face and moves to your heart. A virtual smile moves from the computer screen, to your face, to your heart.

So anyway...

...Here are some ideas bouncing around in my head that I would like to share/brainstorm with you:
♥ Send and accept more friend requests
♥ Let your friends section glow and blossom
♥ Say hi to people... have fun.
♥ Support your local cuddle scene!
♥ Meet others online. If you find someone being inappropriate, just report them... They will weed themselves out.
♥ Men... add other dudes to your friends list. Don't be afraid of each other. We're just online friends. It's Platonic for ALL.
♥ We have platonic and good intentions here and we hope to receive positivity from others.
♥ Be proactive, if time allows, take the lead in being kind and friendly.
♥ Schedule a session with a pro... support their noble profession while also getting a start on cuddling
♥ Don't ignore messages (even a thumbs up or a smiley face reply is better than total rejection)
♥ Be creative with your profile and express yourself. Show your beauty.. this isn't a job application. Be yourself.
♥ Be a little warmer, after all this is a cuddle site, is it not?
♥ Give virtual hugs. Even an ogre like me needs a hug. 🤗
♥ Use emojis, show emotion, be human (or alien or robot if your are that) Be the best version of yourself.
♥ I was not hugged as a kid, and when people are kind to me.. it means the world to me!
♥ Don't ignore people. Rejection hurts! Just reply back.. a quick reply. A quick smile emoji. a thank you...etc
♥ Lets make this place flourish with kindness
♥ Flood this place with virtual oxytocin!
♥ A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
♥ Be the change that you wish to see in the world
♥ Emancipate yourself from mental slavery... none but ourselves can free our minds.
♥ Be Bold! You can do it!

Some Safety Precautions:
🚫 Of course don't be naive... not all have good intentions and some could have ulterior motives.
🚫 Be safe and be smart... don't give out personal info until you know who you are talking to
🚫 Get to know people first, the ones with ulterior motives will weed themselves out
🚫 Don't treat this like a dating site... it's a friendship site. There are plenty of other places you can go for dating.
🚫 Report inappropriate behavior
🚫 Report inappropriate profiles
🚫 Don't be crude or rude
🚫 Don't be inappropriate
🚫 Don't be aggressive, many people have been socially traumatized and need kindness and gentleness
🚫 If a person ends up being a phony, don't be discouraged, move forward, there are plenty of wonderful people out there
🚫 Don't take yourself too seriously... be willing to smile, laugh, and play
🚫 Don't beat yourself up... nobody is perfect, it's okay to make mistakes. Love yourself! =)
🚫 Don't let rejection take you down. BE THE CHANGE... get on that upward spiral

Thank you for your time!
I love you all!

Ace
ヽ(•‿•)ノ

Comments

• Welcome @ace_face! What a breath of fresh positivity air you are. And a pet guitar even. Thanks for all your warmth and exuberance. I'm a displaced Coloradoan at the moment and @sillysassy is in your area -- never a more sweet enthusiast and warm human being and she's in your neck of the woods! Best of luck finding your way through the cuddleverse. <3

• Ahhhhhhh Bill and TED!!!!!! EXCELLLLLLLENT!!!!! 😁😁😁 So many memories. hahahhaha Fabulous

BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF.... Be Excellent!

Welcome to the Site! I agree with @littermate thank you for your enthusiasm!! What a fun profile pic you have. Scooters are the BEST mode of transport.... Well.... I should say the most FUN!!!

I do have to say one thing.... I was just having this conversation with someone else as well.... There is something in me that sort of "pushes back" to the friend request thing. I have my own personal reservations about that for some reason. I do think the friend request side sort of reminds me of FB and other sites and I'm not really in that.... what did you say "Anti-Social Media". I (for the most part) save my friend list for people that I have spent time with and usually people that I have met in person. What an interesting thing that we all have such different ideas even though we have a VERY similar goal!!! CUDDLES!!!!

So Excited for you and your new journey! HUGS are the BEST! 😊

Your profile "I like to cuddle while tap dancing & juggling while riding a unicycle." I think @littermate and I would sit back and eat popcorn to see how that would turn out!! Thank you for your silliness.

• Thank you @littermate ! Great to meet you =)

ps Love your profile pic!! haha

• edited January 2020

Hi, great to meet you! @sillysassy Thanks for the input! That totally makes sense why most people have only a few on their friends list. I left Facebook, instagram... etc and haven't looked back. So I can understand people being careful who they connect with. I just thought I'd throw some ideas out incase any one else could relate. It's lonely being on a site where nobody acknowledges your existence! Feels like high school and you're just not part of the exclusive cool crowd haha I was about to delete my profile.. but decided to write this post instead. You know on Social media it's common to have millions of "friends" on our list and we get that constant stream of dopamine with likes and shares..etc! =)

Have a great weekend!

• Schedule a session with a pro... support their noble profession while also getting a start on cuddling

I stand by this 100%! Pros are not only a great way to get started when you're having trouble finding an enthusiast, but positive reviews from pros can significantly increase your chances of finding an enthusiast. Good stuff my man! ✊🏿

• @ace_face sounds like you’re an awesome all-together person! Enjoyed reading all the positivity you threw out there! Thanks so much! 💖😸💖

• @ace_face
    That was nice to read! Thanks for contributing a positive message here. As I was reading I was thinking — this guy thinks like me, and he’s not afraid to put it out there! I’m taking you up on the friend idea! 👍🏼

• I knew it was coming. Thanks @pmvines. Been bopping around singing it in my apt. :)

• Haha thanks man!! 🙏 I was hoping someone would post that @pmvines
    Cheers!

• 💓🙏😁thank you! @sheena123

• Thanks @MrPaul Glad to add you as a friend brother. Cheers!!

• I remember being at a college party. The DJ put on the first song, and no-one got up to dance. He tried again, no-one ; so after a few seconds I got up, walked across the dance floor, spoke politely to an empty chair, then picked it up, and swirled it around the room to the music. That got everyone else up, and my chair was kind enough to let one of the ( other ) girls cut in.

I wasn't even drunk. 😀 Most of my particularly embarrassing moments have been when I'm sober, and after 20+ years without a drink, I can no longer use that excuse anyway.

• 😆 that's brilliant... woulda been hilarious to see that. Can totally relate to sober embarrassing moments myself! @geoff1000

• You are a one of a kind @geoff1000.

• Thanks Ace for sharing this beautiful piece and your courageous spirit. I would love to hear more about your experience with the pro cuddler.

• Thank you for the encouraging & kind words! I'm not gonna lie, after I posted this I had instant fear and regret... "what have I done!" haha ;) But the positive feedback lets me know that what I wrote is not as idiotic as I perceived it to be. Keep in touch...I'll tell you about my experience with the pro in a few weeks =)

@dharma1257

• edited February 2020

It's a new forum people.