Why am I up?

[Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

You ever fall asleep to wake up at the wee hours of the morning like 2-3 am and can't fall asleep? I am that person, that person is I 😩😩.

Plus I had a weird dream that I had to protect myself from some evil women. Maybe I've been binging Sabrina on Netflix too much 🤦🏾.
Who's up with me? 🙋🏾

1. Who's awake during these times?16 votes
    1. Me, because I also can't sleep
      37.50%
    2. Me, because my time difference is a reasonable hour
      12.50%
    3. Me, because I'm on my phone/ laptop/tablet too much
      25.00%
    4. Not me, I'm going to bed now
      25.00%

Comments

• Dang, I was awake but not on here. The cause? Particularly awesome series of episodes of a show I'm watching and drinking earl grey tea at too late an hour.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@littermate lol whatcha watching? 👀

• Ertugrul - a Turkish TV series (with English subtitles) based on the life of a hero in the 1200s or so. A little overdone on the violence, but interesting to see through the eyes of that culture a model of virtuous heroism. Plus a Sufi hero of mine appears as a character in it, which is cool.

• I am up because I dont like going to bed and dont have an easy time falling asleep

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

...I picked the "time difference" option because, despite the fact that I live in Colorado, I run on Tokyo time. Nocturnal forever!

• My favorite bat!

@littermate cool 👀 😀
    @pmvines aww try spa music it helps me
    @DarrenWalker way to go lol Tokyo time 🤷🏾😂

• @SoftPetals for some reason I wake up between 3-320 am and my body acts like I haven’t eaten for days! So I have a banana or something small and watch something boring to get back to sleep.

@CreativeCuddles Yeah I used to do that too. But I'd continue watching something I like and fall asleep or stay up and keep watching. Last night I grew so tired I fell asleep

• Last night I was up at 3:45am, to leave for work (truck day). The night before I got asked to stay overnight for night maintenance, since we had two people quit and one of them was apparently scheduled for then, so I got to work from 4pm to like 5:30am. Yay energy drinks. Gonna be dying tonight and not be up at some crazy hour.

• I’ve kept to a nocturnal schedule for several years now, and I enjoy it very much. Things are, typically, more quiet and calm than during the day.

It helps that there’s a grocery store that’s open 24/7 a couple of blocks from where I live. And I only need to be out in the morning once a month.

@BrianL I work overnight also and it sucks.

@exsanguinate I love 24 hour stores 😍

• I did fri, sat, sun 7pm-7am for 7 years when my kids were growing up so they would never have to be in daycare and they say it takes years to get your body back to “normal” and I don’t think I’ll ever be on a normal sleep pattern.