Gender bias in pro cuddler fee?

[Deleted User]m4wcuddling (deleted user)

I observe there is a division in equality for pro cuddling fees on this site for female cuddlers 15%, vs male cuddlers @ $19.99 mo. So lets say the female doesn't have any client for a given month, they pay no fee, a male doesnt have any client for a given month they still pay $19.99. So my question is would there be more male cuddler pros if there was gender equality among pros?

Comments

• No, the demand is still low for Male pros. That is the reason for the flat fees

• At those rates, a male pro would only have to work about 1 1/2 hours a month, to be paying less than a female pro. If they are doing less than that, they probably wouldn't bother at all.

• It’s obviously showing there is no demand for male cuddlers🤷🏾‍♂️ Should there be a male cuddler making enough to justify this good for them, but you guys who think they are going to hang around as a pro hoping to get chosen, sorry for your luck. Be honest we’d all sit here as a pro hoping to get a cuddle.

• @BashfulLoner is right. There isn't a great demand for male cuddlers. There are a few people here and there that would cuddle a male pro, but the demand isn't enough to have much of a return on investment.

• Gender bias. 😂

• I agree with the gender bias, but feel it works the other way around as well. I think it would do the community good for female pros to pay monthly as well. Right now there is a constant incoming of female professionals, many who are just looking for easy money. Having a monthly fee could require seriousness and commitment before showing up as a professional on this site. At the same time, I think that there being no monthly fee was really helpful in getting started. To get the best of both worlds, I think having the option of either payment plan, with those on the monthly plan maybe being denoted as such, which may indicate to people looking for a professional who is actually a currently active, engaged, and committed professional, as opposed to someone who might just be starting or checking things out. This would also result in more seasoned professionals being encouraged to stick around, which also helps the community. As it is, I am being encouraged to develop my business in every other avenue (the other directory I am on, which I pay with "monthly" payments (in 6-month increments at a discount) and on my own personal website). I have a preference to find my clients pretty much anywhere else other than this site, because no other avenue I use requires a fee. If I were only paying monthly, then I wouldn't care where my clients come from and would be encouraged to help develop ALL avenues, which can only help this site in the better. But Mark is pretty adamant about keeping the % for female professionals as he thinks he makes more money this way. I still think he's not looking at the bigger picture ;-) But that's why I enjoy working for myself, so I can do things my own way, ha. He gets the same benefit in being able to do things his own way for his website. O:-) I am also considering raising my rates only on this site, and people already complain enough about fees. =( I have had the same rates everywhere for the past two years, as I don't want to penalize the person for where they happen to find me, but ugh, I don't know. I just want to pay monthly and be done with it, ha. Less confusion. O:-) Everyone, whether male or female, should be paying the same thing and having the same options though. It's one of my biggest discomforts here. Both males and females are being penalized. Males are penalized for not having as much of a demand even though they can have just as much of a need sometimes, and females are being penalized for being good enough to have lots of business. Shrug. O:-)

• Hey thanks for this thread. I didn't realize male and females pros were treated differently on here. Ubergigglefritz a lot of you're saying makes a lot of sense to me. Vetting pros in an online community seems really tricky. The flat rate would really help with that. Or maybe at least a one time joining fee?
    I actually haven't been on this site much in a while. I thought I'd check in to explore some of these forums because I've had some experience cuddling with female friends and helping them to practice boundaries and somatic awareness through using martial arts/sparring concepts. I thought I had remembered seeing some male pros on here and wanted to learn more about their experiences, but I guess there aren't too many. With the low demand and $20 a month I don't think it'll be worth it to try being a pro on this website right now.
    Of course if males could sign up as pros for free, alot would probably do it regardless of intention or experience, same as females, which comes back to your statement.
    Vetting is a tricky problem on here. I'd be much more willing to pay a one time fee and a percentage, and then wouldn't feel bad if there ended up being no or little return. Maybe that could help with boths sides of problems addressed on this thread? I might make less work for Mark too. But as you say, it is his website in the end :)