Fees for just a few minutes over??

I totally understand that the pros are here for money and to get paid but I'm a contractor for a living and if a job takes me a few minutes longer I don't ask for extra money I consider it good business. Most of the prices you charge for cuddling is way more than you would make at any job in the world so why be so tight on a few minutes.

Comments

• I've never had a pro charge extra for going over a few minutes. Most of the time I'm watching the clock more than they are and have to remind them that the session is almost over, haha.

• If this pro actually charged you for going a few minutes over, that’s really sad. I know some pros that would freak out about this and say “our time is valuable and we don’t owe you our free time, blah blah blah” it we’re talking about a few minutes over? Heaven forbid you spend 10 minutes or so after the cuddle just talking. I always give a free half hour beforehand to meet somewhere and chat it up. It’s a great ice breaker and it’s beneficial for the both of us so I don’t charge for that time. After my little timer goes off at the end of our cuddle, I turn it off and roll right back into them to cuddle and talk for another ten to fifteen minutes. I like to ask what their fave positions were and just have a good talk.

I’m sorry if you had a pro that valued her time waaaay too much. Everyone deserves to have some human interaction after an amazingly relaxing cuddle, not suddenly ruining the relaxing moment by leaving immediately or saying,”give me more money. I’ve been here for an extra 5 minutes. So sad...

• @vacuddle That’s sad, I never had a pro charge me for going over the time. I work as a contractor too. There are times when I spend much extra time with clients, due to need. All of your points are valid.

• @vacuddle I’m sorry that happened. I don’t agree with it but sadly some pros do this only for the money and clock out after the session is over. It shouldn’t be that way but unfortunately it is.

• Some pros I have seen set up a timer and once the timer went off they went ahead, got up and got ready to go, I don't have a problem with that as they're giving me the time I paid for. Some others didn't set up a timer and they didn't mind if we went over the allotted time, those feel extra nice because it feels as close to a real non paid cuddle as it can get. In those cases we were really into the cuddle, relaxing or even asleep and they never said anything once the session was over and we went over the time.
    The only bad experience that I had was a pro that came to my hotel room at 7pm (the time of the appointment) came in, small talk, use of the bathroom, we started around 7:15pm. Her alarm went off at 8pm and she jumped off the bed, put her shoes on and bolted. And the session wasn't even good but it was only one time and of course she didn't last long.

• Aw I'm sorry to hear that happened to you! As a Professional, it's our job and responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly and on time. If either party is late, that could be a different conversation, but just blatantly charging a client for the session going a few minutes over seems like a lot.
    Hope your future cuddles go better!

• Did you ask for a few more minutes ?

If you booked for one hour , You only owe for one hour ... 60 minutes not 70 minutes

• Just proves my point that professional cuddlers are no different from prostitutes.

• Getting real tired of people comparing my pro cuddling to prostitution....

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Fortunately there is a whole lot of opportunities that are offered by individuals who insist on comparing this cuddling industry to prostitution. Opportunities to educate and inform the public. The negative perception that exist out in the wider society will persist unless as a community of professionals you all bond together and network strategic alliances with other organizations and groups offering holistic and integrative care services. Perhaps that may be one way to demonstrate the difference.

As an enthusiast I do my part in educating and informing people about the deeper value of cuddling. I've referred folks to this site as well as others that offer far more accessible resources than CC does on cuddling as an activity and an industry. In fact I learned far more about cuddling from those other sites than I did here.

So while one's irritation is understandable. It might also be useful to view the willful ignorance of many as an opportunity to fill an obvious gap in understanding and information available to educate the public on the intrinsic value of cuddling in general. It can only happen in small steps one person, one moment at a time.

While you're at it continue to encourage greater efforts to regulate and standardize the industry. So you don't have professional cuddlers out practicing different protocols and creating conflicts of all sorts in the eyes of their clients.

It's a steep curve. Much has already been discussed in the industry by the original pioneers. Much more needs to be done!

• @Bles I actually know a chiropractic business that’s interested in possibly having me join as a professional cuddler amongst other healing opportunities they have available there. I think it would be neat to try it out ☺️

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

@Sheena123 That's great! Please do try it out. That's what my vision is for this industry. People in the wider community need to see cuddling in all it's possible applications wherever it is legally allowed. That's a start.

• I had a pro cuddler forget to set the timer and we cuddled for an extra 40 minutes. I tried to pay her for the extra time and she wouldn't accept it.
    Needless to say, she sure earned my loyalty after that. Until she quit cuddling, I only saw her from then on.

• It’s a good thing she didn’t charge you for her mistake ☺️ That’s the professional thing to do. It’s certainly not your fault and it’s definitely a win win for you! 😹