Be the Change that you Wish to See in the World!

1. Do you love to show up in your life authentically?4 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%

Comments

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited March 2020

I have been the change I want to see around me.

I wanted my estranged spouse and children to see me for the strong, smart independent woman I am, I picked my self esteem off the floor, washed it off and worked my butt 24 /7 to put and keep a roof over my own head. Completely shifted my mindset toward doing and getting stuff done regardless. Being proactive in my children's life by anticipating their needs and handling them before they even thought of them.

I wanted my co-workers to respect me for my acquired skills and dependability in addition to being a team player. So I took my butt back to school. I learned new skills and taught myself a few others while cross training in the organization. So now I'm not only seen and respected as a team player I'm also regarded for my ability to play dual roles as the need arises. So I'm also acknowledged for my newly acquired skills.

I wanted my neighbors to appreciate me for being more than the sometimes introverted recluse I can be. I became a listening ear when anyone of them just wanted to vent. I looked out for their kids treating them as my very own. I let their kids do odd jobs in my yard and compensated them for it. I offered myself as a resource to useful county and state assistance to help them through their conflict.

So now I'm not just seen as the odd moody lady who keeps quiet to herself. I'm also a good person they can count on to support, encourage and guide them as they navigate their own life situations.

So yes indeed. Absolutely you want to see change in this world in whatever sphere of life, be it. Model and demonstrate the behavior that depicts and signifies the change you want to see.

It's never an easy process. It has it's peaks and valleys. But it is so worth the journey. So worth it.

• [Deleted User]acer12 (deleted user)
  • [Deleted User]acer12 (deleted user)

Wonderful story. Congratulations, I fully appreciate you.