He lied about his age: Why remove?

I don't know why my post that (anonymously)
warned others about the people (like the person I was approached by) who lied to me about his age, my sharing the shady experience (lying about his age, giving a "typo" incorrect contact, and after trying to "exchange photos" with me) I had with said person, and inviting others to share their experience: was removed. As far as I know, I was doing my best to be civil and respectful in sharing about it, and help others. If there was a bit of an issue found with it, then I recall the mod team (or whoever) just removing that bit, not the whole post. So I'm not sure what to think of it.

Anyway, be careful you all. I advice asking others what their age (and whatever is important to you) is directly. Even if their profile says it, and following any other precautions you need to: so you help your chances to ensure your safety, and personal preferences are protected. It's definitely not your fault if their info and what they tell you, or what you find out they are doesn't match. Though asking can help you to avoid some possible issues like: "I forgot to update my profile, it was a typo, etc." Or simply just them trying to escape telling you on the platform you meet on. So they end up telling you in person or on other platforms. I once had a similar case with another guy, where his profile said single, and when we met in person: he started talking about his gf.

Comments

• @Lovelight
    I don't know either, but the wisdom of The Moderators is sometimes beyond understanding.

Have you asked them directly ?
    There can be subtleties of site rules.

• @geoff1000 probably. I felt hesistent to message asking because I felt like I'd be bothering. So I just thought to share my experience here and inquiry. Maybe whatever issue any mod had with it isn't in this post. Though we shall wait and see I guess.

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

I'm new at this whole cuddling thing, but some of the experiences I've read on here make me grateful to those of you who share your lived experiences. I'm excited, but realistic, about the possibility of cuddling and making new friends, but I'm learning that I MUST trust my "gut" and ASK DIRECT QUESTIONS. For me, I like meeting a person, in person, as soon as possible. That way, I can get a "read" on him or her. Still, this one goes in the memory banks..

Your point is well taken. Thank you!

Imajen

• @ImajenMoon definitely, I heard on a relationship advice type video something along the lines of: "People often talk about and feel concerned about red flags, though even the yellow flags are important to take note of." It's certainly important to listen to our gut, I think that's something we often miss to do. Perhaps partially because we hope that the person is good and that it's just an honest mistake. Or something innocent.

• There is always a risk of mistyping, so 57 could become 27, but when it is something so important, we expect people to be accurate. We should not have to ask for confirmation of these things ; being trusted, gives one a good feeling. Pity that some spoil it for others.

• Was the person removed for lying about their age? Generally this is a red flag.

• edited April 2020

@geoff1000 no mistyping on this one because first of he admitted to not wanting to use his real date of birth because of "privacy and safety" reasons: even then why leap down from being 40 to saying 32? Not that it makes it right, though one or two years off up or down could still serve stated purpose. Also my prefered ages here is 18 to 36. He didn't even come clean about it himself here while messaging me, or after we* exchanged* contacts*: until I ended up asking him once we exchanged contacts, which even that he gave me the wrong contact claiming it was a typo.

Second this site requires selecting the: year, date, and month. Even if you just had to enter your age, one can't really mistake 40 for 32, the keys on the keyboard aren't that close.

So when all the* shady stuff is added, it very much seems like this person had ulterior motives, and lying was one of them.

• edited April 2020

@moonrising no, another post I made about it was removed even though as far as I know I was being civil about it and kept things anonymous. He messed himself over with this one. After expressing my discomfort to speak with him, he asked if it was because of the age thing. Given my discomfort I decided I would not continue, and still last I saw his age was* still 32 out here. So it seems he's determined to keep lying, it's unfortunate that others have to experience that hurt and what not that that nonsense brings them.

• edited April 2020

I am open to consider just speaking with any age. Though it's important to be real about factors such as age, and respect that someone does not want to cuddle with people in your age range. Edit: or maybe not even talk with. end edit.

If their stated* age range doesn't match yours. As an up date the individual after I checked my messages appears to have put 40, which he said he is. I'm glad he did that and hope he remains real with others.

• Yikes! 32 and 40 is a huge jump. That is creepy.

• I usually tell people that I'm 103.

I can't change how I look, but most people say I'm looking good for someone so old. 😀

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

If I ever get to England, @geoff1000, YOU. ARE. MINE, BIGSPOON!!!! lol

Dishonesty, deception, or even "pretend typos" have no place where we are learning a new way to be "here, for each other." I have NO DESIRE, WHATSOEVER to deal with anyone who has so little respect for me, as a human being, as to lie to me ON ANY LEVEL. As I've said before, there's a lid for every pot. Does ANYONE think that lying is going to have a positive outcome? Do they think I'm not going to notice????

EVERY PERSON DESERVES TO HAVE HER OR HIS BOUNDARIES RESPECTED. What's so hard, about that, to understand? Are we not all unique, beautiful, WORTHY OF CONSIDERATION, individual reflections of the Spirit of Life? Female or Male, I'm glad you had the GOOD SENSE to EXPECT those who interact with you to STEP UP to being just a DECENT, HONEST human being----Time's up for those who treat others like tissues to be used!!

Again...Thank you for sharing the reality of your Lived Experience. There really ARE those who think other Human Beings are nothing more than "tools" to be used. Enough of that...

Imajen