Your best tips for cuddling here!

[Deleted User]Kuddlebunny (deleted user)
Reply with your best tips for cuddling! 

I'll start:
  1. For people with long hair, tie it (to prevent smothering partner in your beautiful forest of keratin and dead skin cells). 
  2. If you sense unsteadiness, talk gently about it. Breathe and rub each others' arms. 
  3. Freshly laundered sheets is a surefire way to enter the gates of lalaland. 

Comments

• Now, when it's generally warm, I like to have my own thin blanket / sheet to cover or uncover myself, so I can regulate my temperature to my own comfort :)
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I think having open communication is important, especially at the start - e.g. asking for permission before doing something (e.g. putting your arm around them) and finding out what they enjoy doing. However, I also find that it's good to take some initiative and suggest things, especially if they other person is very reserved. When other people are more confident than me, it also helps me to take a few risks and not to hold back.

If someone isn't comfortable with super close hugs and cuddles yet, I find offering to give and receive back rubs and head massages is a good way to get used to be around each other. I usually suggest watching movies and cuddling at the start, so it's a bit less awkward, but over time I find that I need this less and my cuddle buddies and I often just talk, listen to music, etc.
  • Before meeting my latest cuddle buddy, we discussed what each of us was comfortable with doing and where we're okay with being touched. I would have to agree with tying long hair back, especially if outside on a windy day, so many times I've had hairs going in my mouth when getting close haha. In actual fact, the person in question hadn't met anyone else on here and hadn't been close to anyone outside this site beforehand so was a little unsure what they were okay with until we met, if that happens make sure you discuss it, one step at a time.
  • Willmott, I think u have it. Trust and communication tell the other person you are safe to be close to.