Know Your Worth

I’ve only been doing virtual sessions for the last few weeks due to the “Brewski”, but still....I don’t like when people ask a million questions about cuddling. Most clients are not on the site for no reason. I have info on my profile and I’m PRO. So either you want to or don’t. I have a bunch of visitors that are “lookie loo’s” and it’s annoying. I take pride in my work and what I do and
don’t like time being wasted.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Porsha

Comments

• crickets chirping

• Not exactly the best way to attract clients . Sort of berates and belittles them , and frames them in an oppositional manner .

• I personally think half the fun is talking with cuddlers about cuddling considering it’s my job and it’s something I’m passionate about. If someone is going to pay you for your time, it shouldn’t be annoying that they want to know more of how you operate and seeing if there’s a connection.

• That's one reason for my rates. Oh the time I spend communicating with potential clients, current clients, old clients, lol. But I love it. It's just a piece of what I love about this work and being self-employed. But yeah, my effective hourly rate is uber low. 😉

• Thanks!
    Sincerely,
    Porsha

Wow, that's some brutal thread, but it was sincere (we surely gotta give it that!) B) Where's my popcorn...

I have a bunch of visitors that are “lookie loo’s” and it’s annoying

>
    "Lookie loo" ? What's that ? You get annoyed if I "dare to check out" your profile without booking ?!? Just WOW :) !

I rather not imagine spending $150 per hour and feeling all this negative energy, anxiety and entitlement (talk about an irony here :) ) from a Pro cuddler...

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

@Porscha "what you charge depends on the skill/performance"

1. This isn't really true. What you can charge depends on supply/demand. Given that there seem to be plenty of cuddlers in your area who charge in the $80-$100 range, it's clear that the demand for a $150 cuddler is probably not there.

2. There is no significant skill involved here. Be an empathetic and pleasant person, be easy to communicate with and book with, and be affectionate through touch and that's 95% of what makes a good cuddler. And honestly, I think most potential clients who read this post will decide you are likely not a good cuddler.

• @SanFranResident "Be an empathetic and pleasant person" That's more difficult to find than you might think, lol.

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

@ubergigglefritz Well yes, I agree with you actually.

• edited April 2020

When very first paragraph on bio says you specialize in cuddling with people with PTSD, anxiety , and depression.... I am already EXTREMELY sceptical any time I see a pro cuddler say these things because they are representing themselves as a mental health para professional and leading potential clients to believe they are offering some type of therapy that many of them have zero business attempting to imply that they are capable of giving . This is a case in point example

• @pmvines Which could lead to the question: Is it abusive advertising ? Taking advantage of people's condition to lure them ?

• I am very interested in helping people with PTSD, anxiety, depression, etc, but am always quick to explain my lack of training in that area if I am approached with anyone indicating those needs. I look forward to there being available extensive training for "advanced" cuddling as such. Until that becomes available, it's a calculated risk that some people choose to take. If I were someone in that need though, unless the person had credentials, I would be much more skeptical of a cuddler who makes such claims. I respect people who are humble and understand the seriousness of the situation enough to recognize they don't know everything they should know in order to be 100% prepared to handle any situation that may come up. But there are always exceptions. I would be open to asking and hearing their experience. My experience is just that most cuddlers have limited experience or education in that level of service. 🤷

• edited April 2020

@ubergigglefritz yes but the difference between you and some of other cuddlers on here, in this case I am referring to the OP, is that they have no business presenting themselves as someone qualified to work with that population in any capacity, as is evidenced by the tone and attitude of OP post. At least you have some form of frame of reference and education to go by. I see some people present themselves as though they can cure mental illness with their hugs . And some people are desperate and uninformed enough to believe them, not realizing it can actually lead to more harm than good. I love cuddling , and I love it enough to do my part to prevent it from being turned to snake oil .

• Agree. I know multiple people who have been harmed in some way by a cuddler, both by professionals and enthusiasts. One should always be careful as to who they choose to cuddle with, but especially those with situations like PTSD, anxiety, or depression (and other things).

• Whenever someone asks me if I can help with ptsd and other things, I always make sure they understand I’m not a professional in the field and the best I can do for them is listen. I suggest to then talking to an actual therapist but let them know I’m still free to chat with because there is nothing wrong with having someone to vent to. But I agree that if you don’t have a degree designed to help with these issues, you certainly shouldn’t say you specialize in it. It’s so misleading.