So what skills have you learned during this quarantine?

As for me I learned to cook my own food. I realized it is much cheaper and healthier. I also learned to cut my own hair. Saved me money going to the barber plus I can do it anytime I want.

How about you?

Comments

• edited April 2020

I haven't had time to develop any new skills since I'm still working from home.
    Personally, I've never found making my own food cheaper.
    I recently tried baking bread and with the cost of all the ingredients, I could have purchased an artisan loaf for less.
    I've made my own lemonade with fresh lemons and sugar. Again that cost more than buying a bottle of lemonade.
    Also, I usually have to buy more ingredients than I need and end up throwing the remainder away.
    The pros are it's fresher and probably healthier and you know exacty what is in it.

• @UKGuy sounds like you could learn (if desired) how to better cook for yourself, ha. Definitely are ways to plan and cook meals to minimize waste and save a lot of money... 😇

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

I have honed my procrastination skills to a razor-sharp precision! Other than that, not much. Yet. lol
    Imajen

• @ImajenMoon

True story :

I arrived late for a business meeting, and apologised by saying, "Sorry I'm late, I was procrastinating".

No-one either knew what the word meant, or felt courageous enough to ask me. 😀

• @geof1000 That's awesome. The kind of stuff I would say back in the corporate office that would make my boss scratch his head. Why I never fit in there and am much more suited to self-employment, lol. I hope you dare better than I did. O:-)

• I have learned to enjoy time at home. I typically spend a lot of time out when I'm not working, and going out if town when able. I don't watch TV but a friend gave me her Netflix password so I've been watching that , and walking my poor dogs legs off. Spending time just being still and quiet and appreciating nature

• I learned how bad fast food is for you !!. I'm real bad about getting fast food and I find it hard to cook for 1 person. I noticed my belt was getting lose, so I weighed myself, which I hate to do, I've always said the scales were wrong, so I bought a doctors scale and I'm loosing weight. I am cooking way more then I have ever done in my life !!!!. And I find talking to myself is not all bad, I like the answers I get, LOL, I would like to lose like 20lbs if I could, it would make me happy and at least one person on this site, that commented if I lost some weight maybe I could get more cuddles, LOL As soon as this mess is over, I'm heading north to the mountains !!!
    Please everyone stay SAFE!!!!!

• @waynewv "at least one person on this site, that commented if I lost some weight maybe I could get more cuddles" Really? Lol. 🤯 Wow. You look far from even possibly deserving that comment. But I hope you meet your personal goals. 😊

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

I can't say I learned any new skills. But, I can say I've been doing new things with existing skills.
    Let's see now.

• Upgraded my computer station
    • New graphics card for main computer
    • In 1998, Hasbro Interactive released a computer version of the Sorry! board game for Windows 95/98. Given that hanging out in person is highly discouraged due to COVID-19, it's been a surge of virtual hangouts. We've been chatting and playing Sorry! over the Internet for amusement these days. Some of the games have been most... exciting.
    • Re-certifying for a work-from-home opportunity I had last year. Given COVID-19 and that folks have been ordering online for shipping or delivery from local stores, this has been booming, much to the point those who are already certified are free to work up to 99 hours a week if they so choose. They haven't been able to train folks fast enough.
  • @ubergigglefritz , thanks, I laughed at it !!!. I hope all is going well, stay safe

@geoff1000 & @ubergigglefritz ~ lol I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face! lol Wooo!
    @waynewv~ LOVE THE PIC!!! I hope you get to go "Mountaineering" soon!
    @SoulcuddlerZ ~ Care to share a link about such opportunities??? If not, it's okay--just thought I'd ask. Working from home suddenly seems like a really, really cool thing to do! lol
    Imajen
    @pmvines ~ Sooo feel you on "being still." I miss my Nature walks, these days..

I've been learning computer programming/coding! Here is a pictorial montage of my typical day of learning:

lol

Imajen