I MISS SHAKING MY TAIL FEATHERS!!!!!

[Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

Bear with me...

One of the strongest, most effective ways that I've found to "ground" myself, to clear my Sacral Chakra, is to dance, really hard, at least until I'm pouring perspiration!!! Maybe that's been a subconscious workout routine, for me, up until now! lol

There's just something about FEELING the power, the beat, of the music right in the center of my body that just lights my whole Soul's fire, and re-charges my batteries. I haven't done it, and I'm starting to REALLY NOTICE that...

Do you miss dressing up? I MISS MY STILETTO HEELS!!! Yes, I can dance in them. Can you??? I miss getting all dressed up, with sparkling jewels, and colorful dresses, smelling divine, and SHAKING MY TAIL FEATHERS!!! I don't think I ever realized just how valuable this activity was to my Inner Self until it was taken away!!!

For those of you who are more social, who enjoy just the being around others aspect of "hanging out", do you find that you're missing that part of life, now that you're "sheltering at home?"

Please share! Maybe just the knowing that I'm not alone in this will keep me from wearing 6-inch heels, perfume, and faux lashes around the house, and driving my Guy crazy! lol

Imajen

I MISS HANGING OUT!!!! DO YOU????

Comments

• I do miss my nights out with my girls but I miss karaoke a thousand times more. Quarantine karaoke on Facebook was a great idea but it’s not the same 😞

• I dance like a spastic wildebeest with a limp, who is also wearing three high heels. Because of this, I only dance in my head. It may be that writing fills the space for me that dancing does for you. Although writing is usually done indoors, I get most of my inspiration when I'm out and about, so I'm feeling some lack in that regard.

I can honestly say that the thing I miss the most is hugs.

• I dance like Ralph Machio in the Karate Kid when he was first being taught karate

• [Deleted User]tinaosha (deleted user)
    edited April 2020

I miss going out with my friends lo my local dive bar, but that’s over I guess

MOD Edit: removed profanity [SoulcuddlerZ]

• @tinaosha
    Careful with the F-word

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

@Sheena123 ~ I LOVE karaoke!!!! First, your little glorious bow-tied fur babies, now karaoke? We are definitely Song Sisters!!!! lol

And you two, @pmvines and @JoyfulHeart, I absolutely refuse to let you access my visual center ever again!!! lolololol!!! We'll consider it a kindness if neither one of you gets back on the dancefloor!! heehee!!

@tinaosha ~ aren't they fun? Dive bars, I mean? It's SUCH a "guilty pleasure" when I get to hang out in one! I'm TERRIBLE at pool, but I pretend like I really know what I'm doing.. I REFUSE to believe that such fun is over!!! Maybe delayed, maybe somewhat different, but not over... I hope!

Thanks, folks, for chiming in. This isolation has me crawling the walls, and staring out the windows like a ghost! It feels good to know that I'm not alone in wanting to go out and mingle, happily, with others of my species!! Thanks!

Imajen

• @ImajenMoon
    The lyrics of the Police song "Message in a Bottle" can be read in a negative way ; that the narrator learns he can't be helped, because so many other people need help.

I'm now thinking they can also be read in a positive way, that the narrator learns he is not alone.

• I'm usually out dancing with friends every weekend listening to music we love :( I miss it so much - it's hard to listen to music right now :(

• I dance like an epileptic on meth, so clubbing definitely ain't in the cards for me. I miss spring travelling. This is the time of year that I, usually, take the motorcycle and head up into the hills for a few days. Ride some twisties, see some old friends, maybe even catch a big fish. Ah well, there is still plenty of summer left :-)

@geoff1000~ I LOVE STING!!! And I'm also appreciating that "Hot off the Press" Soul Interpretation. Sometimes, our deepest need isn't a "fix"---it's just the knowing that we aren't alone in what we're dealing with. Thank you for that! :) You'd better hope I never cross the "pond"! heehee

@CuddleDva~ Love the name! :) I feel you on that. When I'm dancing, I'm high-fiving, slinking up on willing victims, laughing, and generally having a ridiculous good time making others (and myself) giggle. It's just not the same here, alone. I right there with you...

@hillbilly~ YOU MADE ME SPIT OUT MY WILD TURKEY!!! LOLOLOLOL DAMN! "..an epilectic on meth.." Wooo...PLEASE..please...STAY OFF THE DANCEFLOOR!!! LOLOLOLLOL!!

Ah, "Wind Therapy"---nothing like it, is there? It is my sincerest wish for you that summer presents you with MANY opportunities to do those things, as well as be cuddled to within an inch of your precious, hilariously funny life! I enjoy your presence on the Forum, HB!
    Imajen

• In the words of Genesis, "I Can't Dance".

• I'm a big fan of hula-hooping:

• I love dancing, I could watch it all day. 😀

• @BrianL - I couldn't help but read that in Phil Collins voice. Thanks for the flashback :-)

• edited April 2020

I miss karaoke! My gosh I miss karaoke!! And @Sheena123 is the best karaoke partner!

I also miss sitting inside of coffee shops and drinking delicious coffee whilst conversing with friends.

• @ILikeWarmHugs we will have our karaoke moments again!!! I can’t wait 😊

• Yes we will!

• @ImajenMoon Oh I'm with you on this!!! As soon as I can go dancing, I'm going dancing!!!! I miss the letting go and being able to sweat up a storm, feeling the beat of the music against my body and following it until I physically can't dance anymore out of exhaustion! Especially latin music!

I SOOOOO feel you on that, @SouthFlorida4U!!! It's like it reconnects me, allowing me to regain my Super Powers! lol And, when this is over, @Sheena123 , @ILikeWarmHugs, you, and I are going to get together, cyber-style, and get on down with our Bad Selves!!! There may even (most likely WILL) be some KARAOKE thrown around in there!!! lol

Imajen

• I'll dance all you want but @ILikeWarmHugs knows I dont sing! LOL You know, all 3 of us (Marc, Sheena, and I) come together in Orlando. @ImajenMoon You need to come visit when @Sheena123 is back in town!! I'll be up in Orlando in a few weeks! lol You guys can sing while I move my tail! LOL

• Lol 😹😹 as long as I’m back in Florida before this Canadian winter starts up, I’m happy

• as long as I’m back in Florida before this Canadian winter starts up

Georgina is near Toronto, right ? I just checked its weather history and you guys actually had pretty hot winter. January and February was above or around freezing temps during the day. March even saw 60F days !

Quite far from Canadian winter :)

Safe to say, you would not like our winters in North Dakota :)

-30 to -40 is pretty normal around here. When it suddenly warmed up to -20C, it took few days to acclimatize :)

First snow from October 02 and it stayed for 6 months. Hell, we had snow a week ago...

Woooooo!!! @BashfulLoner!!!! CUT THAT OUT!!! YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO "BUST A MOVE"!!!! lol

Thanks for the visual! I'ma have to get out my LEOPARD-PRINT KARAOKE DRESS!!!! lol

Imajen