How many people are going through cuddle withdrawal during quarantining.

I feel sad. I've been listening to the rain soft music all day.

Comments

• 💜💜 I'm really missing cuddles as well.

• [Deleted User]Joey0082 (deleted user)

Unless you are in cuddle quarantine. Expensive but worth it.

• Yes, I miss them as well. I've taken to eating take out meals in my car with others parked around and we all have casual conversations. This is with complete strangers.

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

I'm missing it... @Gordo72 ~ You remind me of when I drove a truck for a living. I swear, I didn't know you could talk to a stranger FOR AN HOUR about what kind of chips you prefer!!! Lonely then, feeling sort of like that, now, even though I've come off the road! :(

BUT AS SOON AS THIS LOCK-DOWN IS LIFTED.... OOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Imajen

• I do have a couple of covid free friends who I see a little though it is modified . And there is also the phone , just like back in olden times before texting and internet forums

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

Oh, it's been cuddle withdrawal indeed! Make no mistake, it has been manageable for me given the options available to me. But, by the time it's safe to cuddle again, I may have a strong craving for it, or I may have adapted to the point that I don't need it anymore. When it's necessary to do without something due to other factors, how a person adapts can be quite interesting.

• I sure do miss my weekly cuddles!!!! I’m not taking a chance to meet up with anyone until this mess is all over. I’ve Been doing the video chat thing with my favorite Cuddler and it is nice to be able to make contact and talk. Stay safe everyone!!!

• You can't miss what you've never had.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

@UKGuy I have had many and really enjoyed a few and I don't miss any of it. So yes you're right to an extent: " you can't miss what you've never had".

But it is also true that you don't necessarily miss what you've had yet not really need. If that makes any sense.

I am eternally grateful for all the cuddles I've had as well as enjoyed. It's been a blessing to me. But I don't miss them. I really don't.

I really don't need them. I only desire them. So there's no unmet need by not having them. When you only desire something, you often forget about it when you don't have it.

• @Bles I agree 💯. It is a desire and not a need. People often confuse the two.

• Suffering from O.D. (Oxitocin Deficiency).

• I'm definitely missing them! One of my first priorities when the quarantine is lifted will be to address that deficit!

• edited April 2020

I have discovered being isolated, not working and taking super care of myself has made me less touch-deprived. This is really different for me. Even when I am actually on vacation, cuddling while traveling is often the best part of the trip. I wasn't expecting such contentment with the lockdown.

• Quarantine all most over.

• A car has a fuel gauge ; so we know when it needs filling up, and why the engine has stopped working.

Our biological needs aren't always so obvious, when we are short of sleep or food. Our emotional wants / needs can be even less easy to identify.

• It’s hard not having it as much as I need it. I’ve focused on other things like working more often and singing for therapy.

• @pmvines
    What is your confidence level that you and the friends that you see are COVID-19 free? I ask because it is becoming increasingly evident that viral positive yet asymptomatic cases are outnumbering symptomatic ones.

• I am honestly not certain. I base it on us not having symptoms , having been tested recently , and isolation / safeguarding . Trust that we are as safe as we can be. And very modified contact with each other not really cuddling but just enjoying each other's company while doing errands , eating etc. Also still wearing masks , washing hands , etc even when. Indoors with each other

• I know some people here are still seeing their significant others even if they don't live together.

• I see my husband at work... he's usually with his girl Friday. It feels like a dagger in the chest just seeing them together.

• If two people live together, and are very non-socially-distant with each other when in that shared home ; how different is that to two people who are living alone in different homes, sometimes meeting up in a non-socially-distant way ?

The lockdown has a very different effect on : a couple living in a house with a large garden, compared to two people in a relationship living separately in apartments.

The ways people live and want to interact, are so varied, it is impossible to be specific about every situation. I guess the best we can do, is hope people use reasonable judgement.

I think we are all agreed that Covid-19 could be stopped, if everyone on the planet shut themselves away for a month, then we incinerated the bodies of those who : had the virus when they locked themselves down, and didn't survive. Every response short of that, risks more deaths from Covid-19 ; but the varying "lockdowns" around the world, try to balance that against giving healthcare to those who have the virus, as well as other risks to life and health. Mental health is a big unknown in that ; and many interventions for mental health, can't be done at a distance.

A friend was recently ordered back home by the police, when they were walking to shop + for exercise at a nearby gas station ; because it was at night. There is no curfew, and moreover, social distancing is much easier when the streets are empty.

• I am definitely

• For those of you saying that cuddling is a want and not a need, understand that for many people it IS a need. If you don't understand how it's a need, then consider yourself very lucky in your life. It is most definitely a human biological need to connect and touch another. If you don't understand the need, and entirely consider it a want, then you probably get enough of a fill from your friends and family, both for touch and connection. That's awesome, but many people aren't so lucky. =(

• edited April 2020

I've been vitamin Cuddle deficient since who knows when. So I've adapted and have been ready for this day since pretty much forever. Though, the isolation is definitely yet another hurdle to getting to my desired goal.

After so long, I've connected (elsewhere) with someone who we've been exploring the possibility of a future cuddle. Though we are currently unable to meet due to the isolation.

Sorry to hear that you're sad, I hope it gets better soon.

• [Deleted User]DeleteAccount (deleted user)

Not like I had enough cuddles coming in the first place, but definitely feels worse now

• I'm in need of touch and I can't wait until we can go back to meeting others. I know I'm super duper ready! I miss having connections with others through sessions and the ability to socialize in a one on one basis in person.