Cuddling with a Siberian Husky. Every day. At home.

My Honey is 3.5 years old and I've had her since she was a pup, so our bond is made of Titanium. She has helped me through a grief period, where one hug at a time, she managed to remove tiny little bit of pain, which eventually removed all grief and after few more years I could enjoy life fully again.

But, I only recently (like last year and half), figured there's a way to actually **cuddle a Husky **!

She obviously sleeps with me in a bed. Usually touches my back with her butt, but she must touch me while we sleep. Sometimes she puts her head on my
pillow to touch my head. Yes, sometimes I get a kick in face when she's finally catching all those darn squirrels (that tease her on a daily basis) in her REM phase, and sometimes I get a 4-week scratch / pirate scar across the face - but those are minor gripes.

The mornings, however, became really amazing. While I'm still waking up, I turn her around, so I can put her face next to mine and it really feels almost like hugging. Sure, her aura is less strong than that of a human female, but it's still quite strong nonetheless ! I sometimes even fall again back to sleep like that !

Alternatively, when she's on her side, I can put my face right against her body under her throat - where her front legs are, and actually hug her (have her paws around me). It really feels amazing !

She loves it as I can hear her joyful breathing and starts stretching her paws instantly.

I probably haven't yet discovered all the ways of cuddling a Husky, so would appreciate your direct experience.

I guess I should say, it's important that the dog is tiny - like Huskies are (they don't go over 70-90 pounds). I often grab her to my arms, like a baby and walk around the house with her - this wouldn't be possible if she was a different bigger breed - I mean try walking around with a 150 pound Alaskan Malamute in your arms - that might be a logistical challenge, but not a problem with a tiny Husky that fits right into your arms.

I'm definitely not hug-deprived, thanks to her :)

Comments

• "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."
    Charles de Gaulle

• Husky-Hugging Position no 2:

• I am lying on my back
    • Husky lies all across my chest
    • Her core mass sits right next to my chest so only about 60% of her weight is on me
    • her head touches my head

This allows me to actually wrap my hands around her and our Crown Chakras can connect.
    Given her body mass it really feels quite similar to hugging a human female.

A slight disadvantage is a choking hazard. Not only it's harder to breathe but when I relaxed my hands, she slid down my chest and her weight pushed against my throat. Could be potentially featured in "1000 ways to die at home while in bed" : )))))

But she really enjoyed herself. Didn't even want to get up. Kept lying down on my chest. Even vocally complained but I am so spoiled for oxygen :-)

• "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."
    Charles de Gaulle

Geoff: We're not debating here whether dogs are better than human beings. That's a given. They are, of course. Most people are aware of this. And those who say it's not true shouldn't be allowed to talk to us, huggers, in the first place.

But given the nature of this forum, I'm really surprised there's thousand threads on Pricing and Boners.

Yet not a single thread [that I could find while browsing pages and pages], that would describe how you can actually experience a hug at home:

• Without another person
    • Without paying single cent.

Just grab your dog, rotate it along XYZ axis accordingly, and hug the sh*t out of it :)

Now, my Husky is a miracle to me. The way she was extracting pain from my heart - I don't know how many other dogs can pull such feat. It's a reason why I quit my job and worked from home last two years - so we can spend all the time together, have 5 walks per day, play as many times as she feels like it and cuddle in bed.

It's incredible, how much you can grow spiritually, if you remove all sociopaths, psychopats and malignant narcissists from your life and let your life be governed by pure unconditional love.

So, perhaps, hugging my Husky is vastly different to a regular in-house dog to whom his owner might not feel such a strong bond. I don't know.

But, people should at least try it out. Hugging a dog is a profoundly different experience to just petting him (while he lies in your lap).

• I had a Siberian Husky when I was a kid. Looked just like yours, except one brown and one blue eye. Best dog I have ever had!

• I looooooove huskiesss

• When I was 6, I sent a Christmas present list to Santa Claus. The first item was "A little husky"

On Christmas morning, I woke up with a sore throat.

• you should create a new account for your dog with his picture on it.

• I love cuddling with my dog, he's a big sweet shepard. And I've had a few cuddlers that wanted to cuddle with him too. Those are my favorite sessions. Once we even cuddled with my dog and his dog.

• @Leonora : I am glad you confirmed that I am not doing anything crazy by hugging my Husky. For a time I thought I was!

I had a cuddling session some weeks ago (long before the Corona escalated in our state) and it is an unfortunate requirement of mine to have my Honey next to me. This is an additional filter on top of easiness of finding a cuddle buddy :(

Only then the spiritual connection is absolute for me.

I see you charge a reasonable amount for video calls. I think I would like to try one with you - you seem to understand my plight so we should be able to have a great discussion :)

Gotta install zoom first..

• My roommate has a male pitsky : )

• Yeah, I don't know what it is with pitbulls and Huskies.

But in a doggie park, it's always a pitbull who starts humping my Honey.

For some inexplicable reason, she only allows to be penetrated by Pitbulls, other breeds, Huskies included, are on a DoNotEvenTry List :-)

• [Deleted User]Curls (deleted user)

This is so sweet! I wish my husky was that cuddly

I've had her since she was only 2 months old, and she always sleeps on my bed, but sadly she hates cuddles x( she doesn't tolerate it more than like 10-15 seconds

• @Curls : how old is she now?

Mine wasn't cuddly like that from the beginning.

Took a really long time. I have seen most progress in last 6 months, really.

But while I was working in the office, out of the house, she was detached.

Once I started coming home during lunch break, she got closer, but was still anxious.

Only when I moved out of Jersey to Montana and worked from home, she started enjoying it.

Took two years of daily massages, walks and playing till she fully enjoys it and even asks for it.

Because I removed daily anxiety from her life by being with her 24/7, and she has a full run of the house, we got much closer.

• [Deleted User]Curls (deleted user)

Wow! That's awesome!

My husky is more than 6 years old now

Sadly I have to be gone from home a lot, and the situation is hard to change, maybe that's why :-/

• So, today I figured, why not try the Spoon Position ?
    She was in front of me, her head on my pillow, my head right behind her head, so our Crown Chakras were very close.

Damn!

Swear to god, that cuddling was more intense than with my ex-wife of 20 years. CRAZY :astonished:

We both fell asleep, like, in 5 minutes. It was the best 2-hr nap I had in few weeks. I woke up incredibly refreshed, with super intense focus and accomplished a lot in my work in very short time. Maybe that's not related, but that's just too much coincidence...

I just wanna bang my noggin' against wall for not figuring it earlier !

Please, learn from my Blissful Ignorance :)

• I need a Siberian husky.

• If my kitties weren't so against dogs And/or I had property with more land, I'd have at least two dogs, huskies high on my list 🥳😍

• @Siberian76 haha that sounds like a great virtual session, let's definitely have both of our dogs involved! I'd love to see your huskie, they're such wonderful pups. Also, my boy is regularly little spoon.