Conversation

[Deleted User]Ellieliv0 (deleted user)

I'm new. how do I start off a conversation when I want to message someone. At first I just send a message saying hello. But I'm not sure what else to say. I'm not great with conversations in real life and I always just freeze up.

Comments

• Look at their profile and pick something specific that interests you. It could be their occupation, their pet or something in their 'About Me' section. Or you could ask something about one of their photos. I think people are more likely to respond if you show a genuine interest in them. I would avoid saying too much about yourself, you can just say "check out my profile or ask me anything you want to know".

• @Ellieliv0
    Communicating by text is much easier than speech ; because you can spend ages composing it, and then send it. No-one gets half a message, or knows how long you spent on it.
    Just first make sure your profile preferences match theirs, or can be accommodated - e.g. if they like to cuddle on top of a mountain, buy some good boots. 😀

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

@Ellieliv0 ~ Sent you a message! Let me know what you think...

Imajen

• You could start off saying hello, what your name is and simply say what interested you about them to send the message. Maybe end your message with a question. That would probably spur them on to answer back ☺️

• Always state your intent! Think about why you want to message that person specifically and point out anything in their profile that caught your attention or that interests you.