Lonely?

Im new to this site and the idea of platonic cuddling. I've never had a girlfriend let alone touched or hugged any women outside my family before. I guess I could say I wish to experience that feeling of being touched by a woman not in a sexual way but to quench my loneliness. Is this a normal reason for someone especially a man to want to cuddle? Are most people who seek this lonely or are there other reasons? I feel like a complete loser and that maybe im missing something.

Comments

• You aren’t a loser. You are feeling the same feelings most others feel. It’s perfectly natural to want to feel close with someone. Affection is super important to feel happy. A lot of people on this site are looking for cuddles out of loneliness but there are some other reasons.

• make friends
    • Some have a spouse that doesn’t cuddle
    • Boredom
    • Something to do between travelling and working

Nobody can speak for you but send out messages. Make friends. Post here in the forum often and get yourself out there. You’ll meet some great people and if a cuddle buddy pops out of this, awesome 😎. Just takes patience.

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)
    edited April 2020

It's probably common for men to have found this site out of loneliness, yes.

FWIW, if meeting women and forming affectionate relationships with them has been difficult for you in the past, it probably won't be any easier here -- in fact, it's likely more difficult here. However, there are professionals you can pay to cuddle, which I actually recommend. (At least, there are during normal non-pandemic times.)

Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk about any of this. Maybe I can help or at least listen.

• @gav1989 you aren’t a loser. Don’t feel that way. Just because you haven’t had the experiences you think most people have only means you do things your way. Plus many of those experience overtime, i think most people would say were wastes of time. Not the truly meaning full relationships but all the temporary things that may come over your lifetime.

I can’t speak for everyone, but if i has it to do over again I’d have not experienced much of what i have.

I assume you’ve had platonic relationships and now your looking to add touch to your repertoire. That will be great, it will make you feel good, build your confidence and allow you to be more comfortable with another person. There fore if and when you decide to have a romantic relationship you’ll be equips to approach it and know the things you hope to gain or want to avoid from it. Best of luck to you king!

• You are so much better off never having experienced an abusive relationship, that you have no idea you are actually better off like this.

It's incredibly rare for people of our temperament to find a lifetime partner that isn't abusive. And you really only see it AFTERWARDS, since we tend to overlook bad stuff and just keep the momentum.

I've done a lot of studying on the topic of temperaments, psychology and understanding sociopaths and malignant narcissists in last 5 years.

When I used that prism to analyze all of relationships of my friends (disregarding the external fake "happy" facade they all put out), all of them were basically toxic.
    Sometimes it's male, sometimes it's female, sometimes it's both of them.

Which is not surprising if you look into the distribution of temperaments across the populace...

Cue "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M. :)

• I can’t speak for everyone, but if i has it to do over again I’d have not experienced much of what i have.

@BashfulLoner : Exactly my sentiment. I don't have a problem initiating random conversations with strangers/women in a doggie park/grocery - anywhere, really. Crack some jokes, sometimes get a date even.

Plenty of sociopaths (equally men and women, temperaments are non-discriminatory) out there willing to screw somebody new over. For fun, of course, as that's how they roll :)

The odds of meeting a GENUINELY GOOD person that is available, however, are astronomical. Now divide those odds by two if you want them to be interested in you :)

In the meantime, I have my Dog to cuddle with :)