Can we find something positive?

Our current situation of social distancing is not necessarily a wholly bad thing. Much depends on your frame of mind.

I think there can be an opportunity here. How often do we get a chance to pause our daily routine? Now is a time to practice patience and to reflect on what is important in our lives.

The atmosphere is less polluted. Maybe people will begin to see the value of clean air, and take more steps to protect it.

Please share the good outcomes you think may emerge from this time of turmoil.

Comments

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

In addition to there being less pollution and people becoming more aware of how bad it was beforehand, there are a fair number of animals out and about more than usual thanks to the lack of people in the streets.

A silver lining to the whole social distancing thing I hope is that people are going to come out the other side of this whole thing with a greater appreciation for the majestic art of queuing, as well as maybe better personal hygeine when it comes to washing their hands.

• One thing that's happened here is that people are out in nature more and are taking notice of how polluted our rivers are , which has always been common knowledge but when you outside during the days now instead of work , school , etc , the unnoticed becomes noticeable

• I find that pedestrians acknowledge each other more ; such as when one walks in the road because the sidewalk / pavement is too narrow, an act which would otherwise be incredibly rude.

I also notice the church clock chiming, from much further away, because there is less traffic.

I am very much reminded of Avengers Endgame, after the Thanos snap removed half of humanity ; but I also remember that it, like the lockdown, is causing great financial and emotional harm to people and society.

A paradox of life, is that individual gain often means collective loss ; like when we all want to go to a quiet beach or park, it becomes crowded.

• Working in a chocolate factory I’m still able to make money which is awesome 😎 but with nothing open, like seeing the Blue Jays play or getting a massage or going to Canada’s Wonderland, I’ve saved a lot of money too.
    And I get to spend more time with my furry babies and husband 😻

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited April 2020

That people begin to truly appreciate the importance of self love and self-care. That loving one self inspite of what or who is in our lives is an essential part of mental hygiene and wellness.

That personal hygiene is not only about washing one's hands but also how one interacts with others and the physical environment. That we will all be more mindful.

That we will gradually rediscover the art of real conversation and authentic connection even as virtual communication and interaction become more institutionalized in every facet of our lives.

That humanity is once again given the same sacred place as our animal pets.