Watch this video

edited May 2020 in General

Comments

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited May 2020

From her wikipedia page:

"According to Snopes, Mikovits has become a champion for believers in medical conspiracy theories, basing claims linking the XMRV to autism and cancer on other retracted papers, and claiming she had been jailed by the influence of the Deep state and Big Pharma for exposing the truth about vaccines. In reality, she was arrested on November 18, 2011, for allegedly stealing lab notebooks, a computer, and other material belonging to Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI)"

Also:

"Mikovits has gained attention on social media for promoting her ideas about the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. She does not believe that a vaccine is needed to prevent COVID-19, and claims that the coronavirus was "caused by a bad strain of flu vaccine that was circulating between 2013 and 2015". She also claimed masks will “activate” the virus and reinfect a mask-wearer over and over.[3] One of her videos about the coronavirus pandemic was fact-checked by the website Maldita.es [es], which rated some of her claims as either false or not based in evidence."

• Mikovits is a nutter

• "A lie can be halfway round the world, before the truth has got its boots on" - Mark Twain

Some people enjoy contributing to the world, others just enjoy vandalism ; and it is much easier to circulate "fake news" than real news.

@sasquatch231
    Irresponsible behaviour. 👎

• Eammon Holmes was recently criticised for this :
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52270736

He told her [ the show guest ] : "I totally agree with everything you are saying but what I don't accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don't know it's not true.

"No-one should attack or damage or do anything like that, but it's very easy to say it is not true because it suits the state narrative.

"That's all I would say, as someone with an inquiring mind."

If one has an inquiring mind, one should investigate, not simply publish what others are saying. Some people find joy in vandalism, and it is much safer to do it by stirring up someone else to do the act itself.

People can be so desperate to fix a problem, that they will try anything, and it only takes a vague rumour to set them off.

• I don't like conspiracy theory videos that lack any proof and are just a glorified rant.
    If any of the people posting this material had any proof whatsoever they would’ve just gone straight to the authorities and formal charges would’ve been brought up, investigations conducted and people charged.
    I watched (just out of morbid curiosity) Out of Shadows, because people on my FB page kept posting it with titles just like the OP of this thread. The “documentary” basically accuses (without proof) the Hollywood elite to be part of a pedophile ring, satanism and ritual killings. But I will say it again, without any proof and even one of the two main characters says that if he ever saw anybody hurting a child that he would kill that person, which means he hasn’t seen anything, but that doesn’t stop him from making all these outrageous claims.
    And Judy Anne Mikovitz is doing the same thing but with vaccines. But no proof so why waste my time with these videos and the tittle gives it away, when they go “watch this video now!!!” (Triple exclamation marks) I already know what it is, another conspiracy theorist posting something he or she believes to be truth and “unveiling” it for the “whole world to see” , laughable and no thank you.

• Who knows what the truth is anymore and who to believe. We are free people and we can make up our own minds! We can't believe everything on what the government tells us. We have to make up our own minds on what to believe! Everyone is a little crazy anyway. No one is normal. We all have our problems.
    @HoldenCaulfield @Zundar @Melancholy @geoff1000 @cuddleversed

• @sasquatch231
    We are free to make up our own minds ; we are not free to try to persuade people to believe something which may be harmful to themselves and / or others, without sufficient proof to challenge the accepted wisdom.

• @geoff1000
    But isn't the same thing on what the governments do? They tell us stuff and how do we know if it's true! We should just believe everything on what the government and what it's peaople say?That would make us sheep! We need to open our eyes and look stuff up ourselves. This video maybe wasn't the best thing to post. Their is always two sides of every story! We can only choose on what to believe.

• @sasquatch231
    When so many governments around the world are saying the same thing, and dozens of different conspiracy theorists are saying different things ; I'm inclined to believe the governments.
    When N conspiracy theories are in mutual conflict, it means at least N-1 of them are wrong.

I base my beliefs on fundamental principles. I have a rudimentary understanding of how the human body works, and the idea of a virus particle hijacking a human cell to make copies of itself, makes sense. I understand that washing with soap breaks down the oil "skin" of a virus, and that coughs will send those particles a great distance.

I know what it is like to be ill, and recover, and not get the same illness twice ; and I've been vaccinated against many diseases.

I also have an understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum, and how shorter wavelengths have higher energy per quantum ; to understand why a mobile phone signal will only make me sick, if I use it to read fake news and follow its bad advice.

Governments have been wrong in the past. Just before I was born, Thalidomide was the a great drug for expectant mothers. CFCs were excellent refrigerants. Asbestos wool was used to decorate Christmas trees. That isn't the same as governments deliberately making things up.

My question would often be : What benefit is it to the government, for me to believe a specific thing, which it knows to be untrue ? By contrast, conspiracy theorists gain by inflating their egos, and watching people dance to their tune.

• edited May 2020

Try this video instead ; where the head of the UN warns that Covid-19 is causing hate around the world, as some groups try to blame others.

https://mobile.twitter.com/antonioguterres?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

"The pandemic continues to unleash a tsunami of hate and xenophobia, scapegoating and scaremongering," Guterres said on Friday.

"Anti-foreigner sentiment has surged online and in the streets. Anti-Semitic conspiracy theories have spread and Covid-19-related anti-Muslim attacks have occurred."

Additionally, "journalists, whistleblowers, health professionals, aid workers and human rights defenders are being targeted simply for doing their jobs," he said.

He appealed for "an all-out effort to end hate speech globally," and called on "the media, especially social media companies, to do much more to flag and... remove racist, misogynist and other harmful content."

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

"Who knows what the truth is anymore and who to believe. We are free people and we can make up our own minds! We can't believe everything on what the government tells us. We have to make up our own minds on what to believe! Everyone is a little crazy anyway. No one is normal. We all have our problems."

"But isn't the same thing on what the governments do? They tell us stuff and how do we know if it's true! We should just believe everything on what the government and what it's peaople say?That would make us sheep! We need to open our eyes and look stuff up ourselves. This video maybe wasn't the best thing to post. Their is always two sides of every story! We can only choose on what to believe."

The people to believe are the ones with the best evidence to support their claims, regardless of if those claims align with your own worldview. The evidence backing Judy's claims is either nonexistent, or shoddy beyond any credibility. The evidence backing the claims of the majority of governments and scientific bodies around the world regarding coronavirus (and the safety/efficacy of vaccines as a side note) has solid evidence and stats which you can investigate the same as any other.

We are free people and we can indeed make up our own minds, that doesn't mean anything you believe is therefore justified or makes sense. Beliefs can be harmful, and people are far from infallible. The best thing you can do is take a very critical look at your beliefs and why you believe them, the process too not just the conclusion.

You aren't a sheep for listening to what the government has to say, you're a sheep for believing what anyone has to say without good reason to. Sometimes the government is correct, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it lies, sometimes it doesn't. The same applies to any other source, including the one you provided.

You don't choose what you believe. I am no more able to choose to believe I can fly, than I am able to fly. Beliefs come from a mix of personal experience and information, with a bit of bias mixed in there too.

Being open minded doesn't mean "don't listen to X source, listen to Y source instead because you can't trust X". It means listen to everyone, filter through the crap and believe what actually makes sense when all is done and dusted. The belief that vaccines cause autism and cancer doesn't make sense. The belief that coronavirus is somehow a mutated vaccine doesn't make sense. The belief that wearing a face mask "activates" the virus makes so little sense it sounds like a fake joke belief someone would parody people like Judy with.

@sasquatch231

• @Zundar
    Agree to disagree. Look up what DuPont did with teflon. The illegally dump toxic waste in landfills and our water. The whole Earth and we people are poisoned forever. So, it doesn't matter if this virus will kill us off or not. We are already poisoned for life anyway!!

• @sasquatch231 ( cc. @ Zundar )
    "We are all poisoned forever"

None of us are immortal, we will all die of something ; but that shouldn't stop us striving for as many years of quality life as possible. That includes trying to avoid dying early, from a preventable illness. I find your suggestion to ignore other risks, deeply disturbing.

I watched the movie "Dark Waters" ; and if it's true, the government-established courts made Dupont pay millions of dollars in compensation. That was not an example of the government deceiving the public, it was an example of the government holding a corporation to account, for the benefit of the public.