Only professional female cuddlers in your area?

So is it just me and my area or is it almost impossible to find a non professional female cuddler you want to cuddle with?
I mean no disrespect to the woman out there calling themselves professional but all I could find as far as prerequisites to become a professional was

Become a Professional Cuddler
You have a photo to attach.
You can be affectionate to anyone.
You are accepting of all races, ages, genders, and sexual orientations.
You should be reliable with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You understand and agree to the Cuddler Contract.

That's it... so maybe that's why almost all of the women here are "professionals"
It just feels a bit disproportionate the ratio of professional vs. non professional and at an average of $80 an hour... that can easily become a very expensive proposition...
It would be nice if more women would join as regular users so that people who need but can't afford the service can still have some options on here.
Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2020

Women do join all the time , however often they are made to feel as though they are tasked with trying to meet the mens needs and not having any concern over theirs and that makes them leave pretty quickly. They are made to feel like a commodity . Not to mention the pervs and creeps. When women are able to join without being constantly bombarded by men who want to treat them like a warm body performing a service, then there will be more non pros

• @pmvines is right. And since there are so few of them and so many men waiting and looking for a "free cuddle", as soon as they join, they get absolutely bombarded with messages, most of which are not very enticing. I would have left after my initial experience if I hadn't have fallen in love with the professional side... Sadly, it's just not a very good environment for most non-professional women. 😞

• edited June 2020

Probably the lure of making 100 bucks an hour has something to do with it .

Also , I don’t think that there’s many women who want to leap frog from Cuddler to Cuddler, as an enthusiast , like most of the men onsite . And a women signs up , looks around , decides that a website with rules is a discouragement more so than a full mail box .
    What I mean by a website with rules .. is , the regions women want a date , excitement .. sex, especially after a tough work week . Stay home and cuddle ?? Spend an hour prepping the house for some enthusiast guy who will see that new pro Cuddler who just signed up the next weekend and give her 100 bucks while she got nothing . You got to be kidding !

• [Deleted User]LucidDreams84 (deleted user)

It’s all pros working. This site is all business.

• There are also not that many pros. If there were many more pros I think they’d be less of an inclination to change from amateur to pro. Right now it seems many men will pay 100 dollars an hour to even cuddle caitlyn Jenner.

• I think it depends on your location and your expectations of quality. I travel full-time, from client to client (or at least up until COVID-19 stranded me 😝). Most of the places I go and see people, there aren't any other quality professionals available. I wish there were more quality professionals around so my clients could have more regular sessions if they desire. I can only travel so quickly, ha. I think the illusuon is that there are a lot of pros on the search, but not actually that many, if any, actual professionals. With the exception of some large areas, which really do have a lot of professionals (in addition to a ton of pros).

• [Deleted User]MacaronCuddles (deleted user)

@CozyGuy75 this site would have more regular cuddlers if the site had some kind of limit on how many pros could join. I’ve had a free cuddle in the past and a few messages from women that wanted to cuddle for free.

• [Deleted User]MacaronCuddles (deleted user)

@CozyGuy75 Don’t expect the pros to respond either. Some don’t even respond to messages. So I don’t buy that they can’t discriminate and so on. They can be just as picky.

• @MacaronCuddles I can't explain everyone, and from what I hear, some professionals definitely discriminate! But for me, I've successfully shifted most of my intake over to other sources, so I've become pretty terrible at messaging on here. The inbox here just isn't as friendly as my Gmail or texting. I hate that I don't meet my service expectations, but I usually eventually get caught up. 😇

• The only reason a good pro would turn down cuddle with someone is if they feel unsafe or the person contacting them Is very non platonic. It’s sad that there are some pros out there who pick and choose based on age, race and sex. The site says we can’t discriminate and Honestly, if you’re a pro who cares, that shouldn’t matter. Safety first, but that should be the only reason a cuddle is turned down.

I answer every single message whether they want to book or just have some questions. People just need to be understanding.

• Another example as to some of the improvements needed to the site, I posted this question and I had no idea anyone answered until just now when I stumbled on the conversation by accident LOL
    I know a woman on here pro or not really has a lot more to worry about than a man when putting herself out there like this. But whether you're a man or woman if you're here as a pro then we the non pro should have some tools at our disposal that allows us to notify the site if you reach out and they don't reply or take too long to reply for example, there should be a ratings system that is public where if a pro acts unprofessionally or discriminates or anything like that it will be noted and visible to the paying public. That would discourage the bad ones from joining and rewards the good ones
    Thanks for participating and sorry for my delayed response

• edited July 2020

Not responding is not against the TOS as much is it may bother you it simply is not grounds to shame them publicly . And you cant really say they are discriminating against you simply for not responding or for not responding within a certain timeframe

• Discrimination is a tricky thing. I absolutely know it happens, but it's difficult to prove. =( Personally, I wouldn't want to cuddle with someone who is being forced to do so in order to avoid penalty of some kind. That would just put more people in an uncomfortable or possibly dangerous situation. My best advice would be to seek out a professional who is friendly and warm towards you. Afterwards, post a good review if you were happy. Things will balance out and work out better for those professionals in the end, and the discriminating ones, a bit less so hopefully... But this site does need to fix the problem of potential retaliation with reviews though. If that were the case, you could always review the professional if they were unprofessional or just suddenly ignored you or denied a request for no reason. I know professionals have no requirement on this site to respond and can deny someone for any reason without penalty, but personally, I feel like this is the wrong business to be in if you don't want to cuddle with people of a certain race, gender, sexuality, weight, age, etc. The only reason a professional should be denying a request is because of a mismatch in services offered compared to services desired, or a legitimate concern for safety. 🤷

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)

I will echo @CozyGuy75 's comments about not being notified about replies. It seems that unless you're on the site at the moment your thread receives a reply, there's no way to know about it except to manually navigate to the thread.

On the topic of discrimination, I really think most instances of pros not replying are probably not so much about discrimination based on age, race, etc. I think instead this is probably a mismatch of expectations. Clients may expect pro cuddlers to be like 99% of other professional services they interact with - I can't imagine a massage parlor, a doctor's office, or a barber ignoring an inquiry from a potential customer. But the truth is the majority of pro cuddlers are just random women who'd like to make some extra money. They have no particular desire or ability to run a business or keep track of clients. They're going to reply if and when they feel like it, and not otherwise. Naturally this is frustrating to potential clients, and reduces the value of pro cuddling (if I wanted to be ignored I could just message enthusiasts). But it seems inevitable until/unless cuddling becomes a truly professional and established industry like massage.

• Thank you everyone for the continued feedback, FYI I personally have never felt discriminated against. My Initiative for posting this to begin with is more to draw Focus to how Loosely the term professional is applied here LOL. I would never want to cuddle with somebody that didn't want to cuddle with me. Even though this is not a relationship site chemistry is still important. I do think that there needs to be a different set of Standards if you are going to identify yourself as a professional on this site. Things like you should have a minimum of three pictures posted, you should have all of your about me information filled out and if you are very busy and you know you will not be able to reply anytime soon then there should be an option for the professional to change the status of their profile to something like not currently accepting any new clients similar to maybe relationship updates on Facebook LOL I assume because I don't use Facebook. If you are not a professional and you want to be flaky and move about the site by the seat of your pants so be it if you want to get paid for it that needs to be a higher level of quality control. That was more the point of this

• @SanFranResident There is a whole world of "real" professionals in this industry, but you won't find many here. I agree with you that, in general, many of the women here are mostly just looking for some side money and not interested in what it takes to operate with the professionalism of a business. 🤷‍♀️ I just wanted to point out that there are definitely real professionals out there who you can expect that level of responsiveness from. Of course, I consider myself to be one and I am terrible about replying on here, lol (I always do eventually though). I operate most of my business from other sources and in my own Gmail account. The messaging system and bureaucracy here is just not my preference, so I can regretfully slack here sometimes. 😞

• Thank you for your feedback and for owning your own communication shortcomings on this site LOL it sounds like you have the right approach and an accountability frame of mind. I'm the same way. Because of your level of experience I will send you a private messages, I have a specific question I would like your feedback on
    Thanks

• I know the whole non-responsive female cuddler thing comes up a lot and when people come on here to vent and make assumptions why they didn't get a response the easy thing to do is to tell them they're not owed a response and basically shoot down any theory why they didn't get one including of course discrimination.
    Now Im not here to say every person that doesn't get a response is being discriminated against or that every time I don't get one it's because Im being discriminated against , but what some of you have to understand that as black man ( it's in my profile obviously ) the thought is always going to be in the back of my mind. Why ?? Because its something I've always had to deal with and always will have to deal with. Anytime Im unfairly denied a service of some sort or treated different than my white counterparts the question " Was it because Im black ? " will pop in my head. No cuddler pro or enthusiast is going to openly say they don't cuddle black people , or overweight people or so on or so on so the easiest thing to do is not respond. Obviously a pro could get banned for making such declaration. There are pros who want to have their cake and eat it too I.E only cuddle people they find attractive and get paid for it. And yes Im sure just like any part of society there are racist or people with racial bias inside the cuddle world. Again Im not saying if you don't get a response that's the reason. But I do think far too often when someone comes on here and states it could be reason it's too easily dismissed as paranoia and B.S. It's a little naive in my mind to do so without knowing a whole lot about the person making the claim or who they were reaching out to.

• edited July 2020

@hugonehugall But your pic clearly shows that you are a pyramid?

• @hugonehugall I understand completely. I have heard from different cuddlers who definitely discriminate different groups (race, age, even political affiliation), which is why I'm always quick to point out that discrimination definitely happens. Though like you point out, it's not always the case. I had a meal meetup with a black man from here. He eventually left the site and told me it was because literally no one other than me ever responded to him and it was depressing. I saw no issue with his messages or his behavior in person, so it makes zero sense to me. Really nice man. I'm sad we never got to cuddle. For me, at least half of my favorite clients are black, so no discrimination coming from me. 😆😇

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

That is sad and I can see non-pro cuddlers picking only who they're attracted to I guess but that is not what this is meant for. As a pro, I would cuddle anyone who wants to cuddle as long as they check out ok on screening. I feel like this is a therapeutic service and like any other therapeutic professional service, there should not be such discrimination. FWIW one of the nicest cuddles (not on this site) I've had was with a black man.

• @Frz2020 A non-pro based on site rules can pick whoever they like based on whatever criteria they choose right or wrong. Yes it is unfortunate that there are some pros doing the same thing but getting away with it below the radar.

Oh, and along with everyone who brought it up - I've been annoyed lately too on the lack of notifications on forum responses. One time when I was logged on, I did see a pop-up box which disappeared too quickly for me to catch it.

• There should be a setting for you to get emails. I get emails for every comment...

@ubergigglefritz Thank you! Found it. Somehow didn't see the notifications tab in settings before. For others - once in notifications tab, forum notifications is a link within that. Got it!

• I'm genuinely puzzled how so many people over 40 can be still super sensitive and touchy without any thick skin whatsoever.

What kind of bubble have they lived in till now?

Nobody owes you anything...

Where exactly does that entitlement even come from?

• edited July 2020

@Siberian76 you are basing this on the assumption that people on this site are emotionally stable, balanced, and mature. You've been here long enough to know that's not true 🙄 it also perplexes me how so many people over 40 start threads about arousal and boners but I digress ....

• Well, since the site is open to general public, we get a statistical sample across all possible temperaments - from psychopaths through neurotypicals to sociopaths.

Sociopaths don't really grow emotionally.
    Psychopaths don't need to, as their emotional base is all but non-existent.

I would doubt there's a large amount of users with psychopathic temperament. They do just fine without a partner. Nothing to gain by having to jump through hoops here. Psychopaths also make most stable relationships (if they have a reason enough) as they don't get constantly rattled emotionally.

For a neurotypical, to get to same stable place, it's very hard and painful work.
    So, it's in a way unrealistic.
    But, irrespective of emotional maturity, the general life maturity should kick in at some point, no?

Or are they going to be like that even in their 60s-70s? I'm starting to be inclined to think that yes...

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

Everyone has his 'triggers'. The thing or things that's gets him bothered.

So does that mean everyone who gets triggered by one thing or another super sensitive with thin skin?
    Does being triggered by one thing or another mean a person lives in a bubble or is immature and unbalanced?

Is one who can laugh at himself as much as he laughs at others more mature and emotionally balanced than one who doesn't?

What qualities or actions make a person mature and mentally and emotionally balanced?

What does a mentally and emotionally balanced and mature person look like?

What constitutes life maturity?

Is life maturity defined or determined by age?

Does expressing thanks to someone for their karmic prescence and influence on his or her life always mean an implied request for an apology or an attempt to bait guilt for a wrong that was never done?

Is that person to be seen as immature and unbalanced?

Does some one who was blocked by another out of irritation deciding to air his or her dirty linen in a public forum show maturity and mental and emotional balance?

Even more so after publicly convincing him or herself that he or she had to respond in such a manner out of a feeling of egotistic compulsion rather than merely choosing to. Simply because he or she could.

Is it remotely possible that everyone has his or her moments of mental and emotional imbalance and super thin skin? Or does such labels only apply to actions we find reprehensible in others but not ourselves? Or apply only to certain actions and not to others?

Or worse yet to certain individuals whose words or gestures signify traits and values we deem nonsensical or childish?