The Self-Love Hippo ๐Ÿฆ›๐Ÿฆ›๐Ÿฆ›

2ยป

Comments

• Introverted
    Compassionate
    Genuine
    ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

• My passion for discovery.
    My love for the planet and all of its inhabitants.
    My courage and integrity in those tough times.

• [Deleted User]Mbp61 (deleted user)

my laugh
    my freackles
    my hands

• ๐Ÿฆ› I like that I'm honest and process in ways that are often unfamiliar but also sought out by others.

๐Ÿฆ› I like that I'm known and appreciated for my interactions and work with children.

๐Ÿฆ› I like that I'm becoming more proactive about realizing my needs and dipping my toes into this world of uncertainty to meet them.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@MarkBPhx Awww thank you love! ๐Ÿ’š I've been feeling happier the past few days.
    I can say:
    I like that I'm loveable
    I like that I'm supportive
    I like that I'm genuine
    ๐Ÿฆ› ๐Ÿฆ› ๐Ÿฆ›

• These are great guys โฃ๏ธ
    Love reading them ๐Ÿ˜

• Love my sarcasm
    Love my youthfulness
    Love my ability to reason

• Still not sure why the hippo is representative of self love. Any clarification would be appreciated.

• @UCpaaHVg6u0
    The hippo is often regarded as the world's most dangerous animal, so I guess no-one argued with it.

• @UCpaaHVg6u0 - Just a quirky online picture, no more, no less. :)

• @MissAdventurous To be fair, mine was more backhanded, me saying I'm good at not being around people, at being forgotten about or ignored.

• It seems problematic to adopt a wild animal to represent human attributes, particularly something as vulnerable to human competition for resources, as the hippo. It's almost mocking. Whether I love myself or not, I present part of an existential threat to vulnerable species regardless of location, thanks to globalization. I'm not liking that about myself. At this point it hardly matters which animal we are adopting as the spokesmodel for self love. Truly, if more of us engaged exclusively in self love, to the exclusion of loving with others, the wildlife would be more well-off. In that one aspect, I congratulate myself.

• edited July 2020

@UCpaaHVg6u0
    Evrery few tens of millions of years, an asteroid impact wipes out a significant proportion of the earth's creatures, making some of them extinct. In the remaining billions of years of the sun's life, one of those impacts could make all life extinct. Humans are the first species to have e chance of preventing that, and if we do, every other species on earth will owe us big time.

We might in the meantime have lost many species to : over-farming, habitat destruction, plastic pollution, or climate change ; but I console myself with the thought that we'll fix the big problem. Of course, many humans don't contribute much to that endeavour, and instead merely consume resources, but that can't be helped.

• @geoff1000 An event in which the planet serves as a clay pigeon to a cosmic trap shooter, getting foiled by human interference, seems unsporting, but you are correct that we would be heroes of the planet on that day. Thank you for that!

• If that is your perception, I see where you're coming from. Thanks for the input. ๐Ÿฆ›๐Ÿ’œ

• It's a cute hippo .

• [Deleted User]Softsupport (deleted user)

My eyes
    My voice
    My propensity for honesty and zero tolerance for BS

• @MissAdventurous - Hilarious!
    I love that someone made that video!
    Some people... ๐Ÿ’

• @quixotic_life it definitely made me giggle ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @MissAdventurous I get it now. I can relate. Not so much about the gazelles, but the other stuff.

1. Strong capacity to love without much conditions and to adapt to various different and difficult situations.
    2. Sense of sacrifice, for others.
    3. Strong faith in God!